don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Yeah, the RESULTS of the paths are all different hypothetical timelines, but they still branch from the actual, canonical one (or as canonical you can get in the Sonic series). How any of the given story paths ends has no bearing on the status quo present at the start of the game.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah guys its just a plot element from SC that they incorporated into the JP version, I wouldn't go dwelling too hard on this.

I'm guessing they flubbed and thought Shadow in RoL was under the control of lyric when it was SC that had the mind controlled shadow, some sent a borked email somewhere during development.

3. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Someone posted this on Twitter.

[​IMG]

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    'Stache so good it needed it's own model. :v:

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    My guess is Paraxade right?

Love to see that Egg'ems in Generations. :v:

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Wow.

Without DAT 'STACHE, he really does look like an egg!

7. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    Wow. I guess he needed a replacement after Lost World's ending.

8. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    Eggman... actually looks kind of good without his mustache. It's at least a lot better than I expected.

9. So Gru was Dr. Eggman all along. I knew it!

10. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I like how this happens just about a week after the Boom episode that has Orbot and Cubot looking for Eggman and believing him to have shot himself with his own disintegrator when all they find of him was his (fake) mustache. :v

11. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Literally Swimming in Privilege Banned
    I found this on IGN today.

[​IMG]

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    >Believing any anon story from 4chan.

13. Besides the fact that this was posted several pages ago and already deemed as false. It's 4chan people. One good anon source doesn't make the whole thing credible.

14. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

I wasn't saying it was credible at all, I wasn't sharing a news article, I just thought it was funny.

15. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Via Eurogamer

Oh hey look actual numbers. :ruby:

16. AngelComa

AngelComa

Site Staff
    Hum, its from the statement that SEGA released earlier today, not really eurogamer information. But yeah, less than 500k. What did they expect? Why you think Big Red Button is out of business? Isn't it good that SEGA is changing it up so SOA won't release another blunder?

This is probably going to be bad for anyone trying to work with the Sonic brand in the future, its bad enough Sonic Team doesn't trust anyone outside of Japan with the IP. This could be the last nail in the coffin and their "I told you so".

17. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Foresaw everything about this game, if I took a test on what would happen and how the fans would respond, I'd gotten an A+.

What did they expect? This to be the next big thing? People wouldn't notice that right away the game play shown was nothing like what was shown in the tech demos? Shoe horned antagonist?! I don't want to rant for too long, but seriously, I have no idea how big decisions are made in game companies, but why did no one who really cared about Sonic in the room just go "You know what, this is bullshit, we can't release this garbage, it will ruin our reputation." (Maybe less harsh but along those lines.) Why aren't those people being hired?

18. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    One one hand, I'm actuallly really glad that this game has sold so badly. It's complete fucking trash, and the sales figures clearly show that the days of people buying a game just because it has Sonic in it, regardless of its quality, are now gone. I hope this gives SEGA and whoever else a bit of a kick up the arse and tells them that people want quality games, not half-finished shite with Sonic's face plastered across it.

On the other hand...

I couldn't help but think about this as well. I sincerely hope that this won't be the case, but we all know it's quite likely to happen; which would, of course, be a real shame :/

19. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Well it wasn't a bad idea per se. Expand the Sonic brand into the TV demographic with games, comics, and toys to tie the push all together. The problem is the execution was naff on everything but the comics and toys. The show is half baked and the games are absolute pants. They really didn't need to be a radical departure from the current brand image but that was more BRB's fault more than anyone. It's obvious there was a back and forth between SoA and BRB. Between the platform shift, Sega's meddling, and BRB's insistence on trying to make the furthest thing from a Sonic game, everything sort of fell apart.

As for releasing it, they were banking on the show's success so the shovelware selling to Sonic fans who lap up everything and soccer moms whose kids don't know better. I'm sure they knew they had another disaster on hand but I don't think Sega is in a position to afford to scrap everything and take the whole project as a loss. They don't seem to be too worried about dragging their strongest brand through the mud again. I'm sure they at least broke even with the $20 million spent on the game already. The real damage lies in SoJ never letting anyone but Sonic Team touch the games ever again.

20. When it comes down to it, it's just another massive slap in the face of how SEGA handle business, I swear they have got to be one of the worst when it comes to choices, I'm still bitter at how Sonic Generations is like the PERFECT game for DLC, and was one of the most well received Sonic games in years, and SEGA just upped and walked away from it, no DLC, nothing, like "there's your good game, screw off", and the same with Sonic 1 and 2 by Taxman/Stealth, making them iOS/Android exclusive and just not giving a flying damn about a PC release or even a console release despite Sonic CD actually doing well.

And of course not to mention how they missed the boat on the whole HD Remaster phase of last gen, where I think the best we got of that was a shoddy port of Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi without the original music (BUT THE iOS/ANDROID VERSION DID!?), and they wondered why they didn't sell well and didn't bother to further releases past the next couple (including a port of a port of a port of Sonic Adventure 1), whilst sitting on the major IP's people really want such as Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia, etc. I really can't feel sorry for any choices SEGA make as a company anymore, it's a shame, but, they've totally brought this upon themselves. I hope things can improve but I doubt it as they seem to be clawing down on Mobile games only now and seem to think the future if f2p titles and pushing Sonic Runners like mad.