don't click here

Dreamcast Collection for Steam is finally being sorted out

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Conzuh, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Conzuh

Conzuh

yeah yeah big nice Member
    Millennium Dreams
    In a move literally no one was expecting, SEGA has announced on the Steam community forum that they're working on fixing up the wreck that is Dreamcast Collection. At first when I seen an update for Crazy Taxi I thought it was to tie into the mobile game, but Sonic DX, Space Channel 5 and SEGA Bass Fishing have also received updates. Here's the announcement:

I'm seeing achievement listings pop up for these games but so far I'm not noticing anything apart from the fact that they've changed the price. Hopefully "improving the player experience" means HD resolutions, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Link

2. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    I'm genuinely surprised they still care. It would be great if they fixed up that version of Sonic Adventure, but I'm not holding my breath here.

3. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    They updated SADX on Steam a few days ago.

The update literally did nothing but break installations for anyone who "upgraded" the executable to the 2004 version. :specialed:

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    If they do add achievements to SADX Steam, I will try to disassemble the executable, and see if I can transplant the functionality into a mod for the 2004 version.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Like the announcement mentioned, the achievements are already there but just aren't implemented yet: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/71250/achievements

Half of them are basically just "progress through the game". The others are basically just getting all the things and Metal Sonic. Not really worth adding IMO.

6. Conzuh

Conzuh

yeah yeah big nice Member
    Millennium Dreams
    If I'm not mistaken, they're just the achievements from the Xbox and PS3 versions.

I'd be happy if they added cloud saving. Trading Cards maybe, but they're not important.

7. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    If I don't add it to the 2004 version, then I'd have to play the Steam version to get the achievements.

8. Frankly, even the Xbox 360 version has issues. Not with achievements, but it's the only title that I've ran into that you cannot install to your HDD. It installs, but trying to launch it off your HDD gets you to the game selection screen, and upon choosing a title, gives you an error and just sits there. So you need to delete. I actually bout SADX again off of XBL because of this.

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    They are the most important thing ever.

That's because the games on the Dreamcast Collection are just that, XBLA titles. Any disc that acts like that can't be installed to the HDD.

10. Well that's fake, and gay. Besides, the loading times off of the disc for SADX were just as bad as Sonic 06 :V. Shame that this bug still exists though.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Hopefully any other changes they patch in make it to the Amazon version, since that's the one I got.

12. I'm still waiting for the Sonic 06 PC release. :colbert:

It probably will just have the achievements fixed. I doubt they'll do much to it really. (Maybe get rid of the Sonic 06 posters :P)

13. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Given that it's a process they said they'll be doing "over the coming months", it'd be nice to see them do something beyond achievements. It deserves support for higher resolutions and widescreen aspect ratios at the very least.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    And Trading Cards.

15. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    And the Game gear games readded.

16. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    Truly the most important part for a Dreamcast collection!

17. Catley

Catley

So does this mean my $30 I put towards it years ago is going to be worth it?

18. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Well, playable Metal Sonic wasn't part of Dreamcast Sonic Adventure either. Might as well have the game gear games as part of the DX "upgrade" as they should have been.

19. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    Neat. Still waiting for the SteamOS/Linux port, though.

20. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I decided to look at the achievements list for SADX today, and they seem to have finalized it now. There are two achievements for collecting all the emblems:
    The fact that the second one specifies Sonic Adventure DX might mean that they'll be making the game "Sonic Adventure", and having "Sonic Adventure DX" DLC. Even though everyone that's bought the game has already had Metal Sonic and Mission mode available for years.