don't click here

Dreamcast Collection for Steam is finally being sorted out

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Conzuh, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    They had the DX Part as DLC since it was released on Steam.

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    No, they released the game as Sonic Adventure DX, and the function in the game that determines whether the DLC is installed was replaced with a function that always returns true.

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Actually, they just re-used the XBLA/PSN achievements. Those versions had DX as DLC, it's just part of the game on Steam.

4. IndyTheGreat

IndyTheGreat

Fixed Water (SADX PC)
    They completely changed the config tool to allow more resolution options and also added support for FXAA and V-sync (finally). Now they just need to add widescreen support and fix the ugly water problems. Knowing Sega, they might fix the latter but probably not the former. Oh yeah, achievements were added and are now working too.

One thing I noticed, though. You can't choose a windowed mode anymore! At least not from the config they offer you now. You get full-screen or you get nothing.

What do you guys think?

5. InvisibleUp

InvisibleUp

friendly internet ghost Member
    Steam version I'm assuming? Seems good enough; at least they're trying to do something, which is a lot better than a lot of other people.

(Also, can I finally use my Xbox 360 controller? Last time I check that wasn't allowed for some reason.)

6. Socknic

Socknic

Someone Too Tough To Beat Member
    It's pretty nice to see that Sega's finally paying more attention to the PC ports. I'm definitely going to play some Sonic Adventure DX in the next few days. I'm quite frankly surprised that Sega added FXAA and V-Sync, considering they generally don't seem to be too PC-minded. However, I might be wrong; were these changes in any other port of the game? Windowed mode removal is weird, though.

P.S: Any idea if they've fixed the weird, occasional blackscreening problems?

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
  8. IndyTheGreat

IndyTheGreat

Fixed Water (SADX PC)
    Yes, Steam version. Your 360 controller should work by default so that's not a problem with the game.

9. Does this mean people who bought the game on XBL/PSN get this new update any time soon? :V

10. IndyTheGreat

IndyTheGreat

Fixed Water (SADX PC)
    EDIT: Post unneeded, I posted this before threads were merged.

11. Yes, that's why I asked. I hope console players get the update. It's complete ass playing it with the bars on top and on the sides, albeit the bars on the top and bottom are small, but still.

12. IndyTheGreat

IndyTheGreat

Fixed Water (SADX PC)
    I highly doubt they'll add vsync and FXAA to the consoles, but it would be nice to see the bars on the top and bottom be taken away like they were on the PC.

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I wonder if the additions have shown up in the Amazon version. I'm guessing not -- I certainly can't expect achievements -- but then all I care about is playing the dang games, especially in high resolutions.

EDIT: Nope. Go figure!

14. Spunodi

Spunodi

Hi there,

Thought it was worth mentioning that Sonic Adventure DX recently got an update on Steam which added achievements and full screen (though with borders - not widescreen).

Also, the achievements aren't retroactive :(

However, it does look a fair bit prettier in higher resolution.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I doubt that. It's much easier to update a game on Steam than one that's on XBLA or PSN, at least on last gen consoles.

16. Conzuh

Conzuh

yeah yeah big nice Member
    Millennium Dreams
    Oh wow, this is great. This is really great. I'm surprised they went and did it. The game is actually playable now.

I wonder if there'll be a widescreen update or we'll have to wait for a hack?

17. IndyTheGreat

IndyTheGreat

Fixed Water (SADX PC)
    Honestly, I'd be okay with it staying 4:3 if they just fixed the water. I know I keep bringing it up and it could get annoying but it's kind of distracting when nice ripply-looking water is replaced with an ugly low-res texture on the surface of the water. Seriously, there are so many things about this port that could have been easy fixes but they were just left the way they were from the 2004 PC release.

18. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    I can confirm achievements are implemented now, too. Time to play this game all over again.

19. Conzuh

Conzuh

yeah yeah big nice Member
    Millennium Dreams
    Oh no, I agree that it's not perfect. The water is one thing. Off the top of my head I can think of many other things that need to be fixed. The HUD needs to be redrawn, there are Chao that need to be added back in and Knuckles still says "Oh no" too much when you "battle" him.

Also the "Saving" animation is appearing in the centre of the screen rather than the right and I'm noticing a few drops in the frame rate.

It's getting there but it's still not on SA2's level when it comes to port quality.

20. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    You know that controller problem people were having where the camera was automatically rotating? It's fixed!

Now there's a controller problem where characters constantly move up and left!

that's not a bug, it's a feature