don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Offtopic: Case in point, See the current main comic issue?! Eessh! go back to Mega Man John Workman, your better at that. And Tyler Capps, You stay the fuck away from anything Sonic! jesus that cover made me vomit alittle.

EDIT:
    Ontopic: Prepare your anus:
    #Penderp. :specialed:

2. Its funny how everyone's talking about Archie not having the money for lawyers being the reason Penders was able to get out of the courtroom with a grin on his face. The problem isn't Archie's lack of lawer funding, it's the fact that the current regime that took over in 2009 has to clean up the mess the old regime left from the 90's. Remember how reports were coming out that the owners of Hostess were essentially using the company as an ATM and really weren't very caring for the brand? Well, the old Archie regime from the 90's/2000's was essentially that. Aside from Sonic they really weren't doing much. They'd do the occasional new Archie story here and there, but a LOT of Archie/Josie/Sabrina stories were either redrawn stories from years prior or literal reprints of old stories. Now the digests that you see in the supermarkets have always been reprints mixed with new material, but a lot of the time the proper Archie comics you would buy in a comic book store would be reprints of older stories. They just really didn't give a shit. Now you see Archie at every major convention, giving tons of interviews, sending out solicits every week for all their titles, coming out with crazy storylines and even taking chances on shit like Afterlife With Archie, that was all unheard of 10 years ago. There was a time where I bet you had the opportunity arisen these guys would've sold the company to the highest bidder, but because they were doing so poorly no one wanted to buy them.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the language in Penders's contract was sloppy and made it possible for him to sue. Either that or he struck gold when it came to luck.

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I think this is going too far. I kinda feel ashamed for him because people from everywhere are making fun of him and his work, even though I think his artworks are laughable it went so far as people making fake twitter accounts just to bother him. I think not having a good portifolio is already a good punishment.

Oh. God.

4. Falk

Falk

Expecting the internet to not be the internet is easily the most soul-crushing mistake of the 21st century.

see: Phil Fish

5. Tylinos

Tylinos

I glazed over this at first thinking it was just him talking about the animated series idea he had. That thing's just, fine, whatever he wants to do with it, I don't care. I can see why he'd at least want to try that.

Then I re-read it and saw "live-action" and "prosthetics". What? I completely fail to see what part of that sounds like it'd be a remotely good idea.

EDIT: Actually, you know what? At this point, I'm almost convinced that he's saying some of the things he says like this just so he could see how baffled we'll react.

6. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    That would possibly be the most terrifying show ever.

7. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member

Naa, they're not based off of Knuckles, they are based of the general Sega designed Echidna anthropomorphic frame. Totally different =P

8. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    How would prosthetics even be used? Arms, legs, faces, what?

9. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    One can only guess. Children in Jim Henson style animatronic costumes, like in the TMNT movies? Nah, that'd be too expensive, here come the scantily clad humans in body paint and foam costume pieces!

I wouldn't be surprised if he was trolling either, a live-action film would be a monstrosity with his budget limitations. Which, if he is pursuing live action, would actually be cheaper than full-length animation, (One Sonic fan movie costed $900,000 in funds for animation in a legitimate studio.) so I could see why. I'd much rather his stuff be a comic either way, there is no projecting what to expect from his experience in other mediums.

That's a great quote, but I can't read Penders' mind, so it could be either one. Although considering he had a years-long run in the comics, he probably liked the "style" he developed for Sonic and friends.

EDIT : I hate typos.

10. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    If this live-action thing somehow does happen, I bet it'll be hilariously, epically bad. Like Battlefield Earth-level bad. Now that, I wouldn't mind watching.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I would enjoy watching a train wreck on the level of the Room.

12. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I think you're being a little to optimistic. With effort, he might be able to hit Birdemic: Shock and Terror levels, and that's if he's lucky.

13. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    The internet never forgives and never forgets.

If you are a public figure of sorts you gotta be as impeccable as possible and have a thick skin.

That being said Penders asked for it because of his frivolous lawsuit.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh yes I forgot about that one. Ooohhh boy I hope he makes this. I want to get plastered and mock it.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Appearently the son of a bitch talked to Michael Gallagher. who did Gallagher create again?

16. Tylinos

Tylinos

OH NO

KEN HAS A PHONE

But seriously, so what? Ken can talk to Gallagher if he wants. If Ken says "Hey, Gallagher's characters are going to be in TLSC," that's a different story. Until then, for all we know, the conversation could've been "hey gallagher let me use your dudes" "no thanks".

17. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

This might be helpful:
    http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters_introduced_by_Michael_Gallagher

How are you sure it was Gallagher he was talking about anyways?

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Few SSMB members said hes saying stuff about it on his cheap geocities-like site.

Well, losing his characters is no real loss. We already can't use Amadeus & Rosemary Prower due to the mandate, I doubt the AOSTH characters (scratch, grounder, coconuts) will make a comeback, The Ancient Walkers already died in the comic plus they were tied with the whole Ixis thing, Auto-Fiona is pointless now a days, Verti-Cal and Horizont-Al were a nice refference back in the Scourge Prison arc but not much more, Krudzu already had its second chance in the comic and failed, and the Downunda Freedom Fighters along with Duck "Bill" Platypus were minor and hardly worth really knowing.

Anything else should've been purged along time ago.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Are you serious? Those were badniks before the TV series.

Also, they were (re)designed by Milton Knight, if I remember correctly.

20. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Hold on, now, Ken, I thought your whole argument is that your cheap derivative characters are totally stand-alone and therefore you should have the right to publish them in non-Sonic related stories. Now you want to get more Archie-Sonic characters in there? :specialed:

Clearly trying to make fan-fiction, no way of getting around that.