don't click here

Sonic Jump

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Arique, Oct 5, 2012.

1. woun

woun

Change your world Member
    Thanks guys.
    relinked: persistentData.xml

2. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Now it says Nothing...
    I went ahead and hacked the .xml myself. You just added this line, correct?
    " <item key="blazeCharacter" value="1" />"

EDIT: Got it working, and have Blaze.

3. woun

woun

Change your world Member
    And yes, I forgot the store access.
    store.xml:
    path [SonicJump iOS.app\image]
    <product function="Equip" id="sjblazeCharacter" invid="blazeCharacter" name="#store_character_blazecharacter_name" cost="50" page="Character" imagePreview="StoreBlaze" image="StoreBlaze" description="#store_character_blazecharacter_desc" countMax="1" unlockLevel="1" canBuyUnlock="true" showUnlockScreen="true" />
    <product function="Equip" id="sjblazeCharacterA" invid="blazeCharacter" name="#store_character_blazecharacter_name" cost="50" page="Character" hidden="true" imagePreview="StoreBlaze" image="StoreBlaze" description="#store_character_blazecharacter_desc" countMax="1" type="AppStore"/>
    BTW, next character: Cream {sjcreamCharacter}

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It would have been so much funnier to unlock Cream from getting to the moon.

5. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    1. Store download isnt working either... must just be for me in China right now...
    2. Store.xml is in the image folder... I can't hack it in iFunbox, as it won't let me replace the file. Should I decompress the app stored on my PC and hack THAT instead? How did you do it?

3. Will someone please explain to me what the Global Challenge is supposed to be? All I get is a web page with a background...

6. woun

woun

Change your world Member
    Use iFile, if possible. There you can change the script.
    It's weird too iFunbox replaced.
    I don't know how to pack .ipa files, well. Perhaps there is somewhere packers .ipa files.

7. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I unpack ipa's simply by changing the extension to .zip. All of the files are readily available in this method. Have never tried repacking them though... but I believe it should work just fine.

Followed by Rouge and Shadow according to the Store.xml.

8. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    excuse my ignorance, but how do you get to the moon? I saw it on the global challenge page but I can't figure out how to do it

9. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Also been asking this same question... ALL I get is a webpage showing a progress bar... I don't get it. What's the challenge?

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    For everyone who plays the game (I think, or maybe just you) to jump the total distance from the earth to the moon

11. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Hmm. Ok. Must be for everyone then, I'd imagine.

Ok, now I have a (LONG) question for anyone with a jailbroken device. I do not have a jailbroken device and need someone to test this out for me... Perhaps Woun would be up for it???

I have a theory... and if it is correct we could see level hacks for Sonic Jump. If my theory is correct and levels can be hacked, then this post onward belongs in E&RE in its own Sonic Jump topic, I hope it can be moved there. Here are the steps for what I believe can be possible level layout hacking.

BACKUP YOUR IPA BEFORE TOUCHING IT. I am not responsible for irresponsibility, or stupidity for NOT following this important step. If something bad happens to your app for whatever reason, you will want a backup in case.

1. Open the folder containing the Sonic Jump .ipa file, and rename the extension to .zip.

2. Open the .zip, and this will allow you to see all of the files within the app. Open the Payload folder, and you'll see the app folder. There is the disassembled Sonic app. Not fully disassembled, mind you... you have .sla files, and the code for the game in the Sonic Jump file, with no extension.
    (PLEASE NOTE: It's better NOT to remove any files to edit them. I opt to edit them from within the WinZip folder. It will open the file in a temp directory, and overwrite the file back into the archive after you are done editing and close the file. Perhaps nothing bad will happen by removing and reinserting the files, but you may be better off doing this my way. This is your 1 WARNING!)

3. Go to the image folder, and look for database.cdb. Open it with a text editor. I use CONText Programmer's Editor. This file is a level chunk database. Levels are constructed by all of these chunks. All items within the Chunk are identified as Platforms... including all rings, enemies, and obstacles. Keep this file open if you wish to change how level chunks are constructed. Here is an example of the first chunk placed in GHZ Act 1:
    Code (Text):
    2.     <LevelChunk name="Z1A02C03" supportsInfiniteMode="0" height="1150">
    3.         <Platform type="Ring" positionX="-225" positionY="-265" />
    4.         <Platform type="StandardWide" positionX="-372" positionY="-292">
    5.             <Platform type="Prop10" positionX="-252" positionY="-431" />
    6.         </Platform>
    7.         <Platform type="Ring" positionX="-252" positionY="-302" />
    8.         <Platform type="Ring" positionX="-198" positionY="-303" />
    9.         <Platform type="Ring" positionX="-226" positionY="-339" />
    10.         <Platform type="StandardWide" positionX="-41" positionY="-478">
    11.             <Platform type="Prop11" positionX="-27" positionY="-604" />
    12.             <Platform type="Prop8" positionX="-61" positionY="-618" />
    13.         </Platform>
    14.         <Platform type="Ring" positionX="-145" positionY="-725" />
    15.         <Platform type="StandardWide" positionX="-284" positionY="-742">
    16.             <Platform type="Prop9" positionX="-270" positionY="-881" />
    17.         </Platform>
    18.         <Platform type="Ring" positionX="-172" positionY="-762" />
    19.         <Platform type="Ring" positionX="-118" positionY="-763" />
    20.         <Platform type="Ring" positionX="-146" positionY="-799" />
    21.         <Platform type="StandardWide" positionX="-244" positionY="-1002">
    22.             <Platform type="Prop7" positionX="-260" positionY="-1145" />
    23.         </Platform>
    24.         <Platform type="StandardWide" positionX="-33" positionY="-1005">
    25.             <Platform type="Prop9" positionX="-80" positionY="-1130" />
    26.             <Platform type="Prop8" positionX="-80" positionY="-1150" />
    27.         </Platform>
    28.     </LevelChunk>
    4. In the image folder, there is a levels folder. Open it and look for contents.cts. Open it with your text editor. This is the level contents for each zone. Each zone has a contents file for all 12 acts. Each contents file for each act, is basically a list of chunks. Switching these will switch level layouts. You will notice that layouts are not in order, and some are even for the incorrect zone. There must have been some layout switching during development... Anyway this leads me to believe that one only needs to switch the layouts, and the game will have the appropriate sprites for that chunk for each zone... You may opt to switch these around to see what the original game's level layout order was intended to be. I believe it was swapped around for difficulty reasons... much like why zones in Sonic 1 were switched around.

5. Now, those level contents files are in the same folder as the contents.cts. You'll see files such as greenhill1.lvl. In fact, open that one first, and lets take a look.
    Code (Text):
    2. <Level>
    3.     <Chunk name="Z1A02C03" />
    4.     <Chunk name="Z1A02C02" />
    5.     <Chunk name="Z1A02C01" />
    6.     <Chunk name="Z1A02C04" />
    7.     <Chunk name="Z1A02C05" />
    8.     <Chunk name="Z1A02C06" />
    9.     <Chunk name="Z1A02C07" />
    10.     <Chunk name="Z1A02C08" />
    11.     <Chunk name="Z1A02C09" />
    12.     <Chunk name="Z1A02C10" />
    13. </Level>
    This is the list of chunks that are placed in the level, from bottom to top. The chunk names are in the format Z(#)A(##)C(##) for Zone, Act, and Chunk, obviously. These refer to the Chunks we saw in the database.cdb. Again, many of these are not in order either. One can change the id of the chunk to place different chunks in the level.

Now, edit any of these to your liking, and then when finished, close WinZip and change your extension BACK to .ipa and re-install the app onto your iPod/Phone. Please let me/us know of your results... Again I have no jailbroken device to try this on... otherwise I'd do it myself and tell you if this works or not.

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So hey guys think anyone here can get a proper play through set up for this game? I see game play bits and pieces on youtube but no one has actually made the effort to make gameplay vids of each level, character, boss, and so on.

13. Anyone with an iOS device should be able to modify files in the filestructure without having a jailbroken device. I use this for everything: http://www.I-funbox.com/

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Something I noticed today, this update no longer allows you to play custom music... that is rather annoying to be honest, not that this sound track is bad but if I can play custom music in Generations on the 360 I'd expect to do the same for a game on a device that revolves around playing music.

15. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I believe that I did mention that I use this. See this post. Regardless, the issue is that you can edit the files in the Documents folder, but cannot modify the actual files within the iPod's app. It will NOT allow you to overwrite them. Thus NOT allowing hacking the core game data through iFunbox. Only the saved data, records, ring count, etc. Which is how I, and others, snagged Blaze.

16. woun

woun

Change your world Member
    Next update after 22hrs.
    http://sonicthehedgehog.com/jump/

17. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I believe we misunderstood the "update". It is updating the counter to the moon. Every day at approximately 12:30 AM EST, it will update the counter.
    That is not a game update counter.

18. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    I'm gonna bump this for those who are interested. The Global Chalenge of reaching the moon is done, and now you can unlock Blaze for free. I wonder what will the next Global challenge be, seems like the option for it it's locked for now

19. woun

woun

Change your world Member
    [​IMG]
    All new arts from Sonic Jump:
    http://sonic-scene.ru/eng/?p=391
    Moar soon!

20. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    I'll do a rip of everything again myself, too, and post the results/findings. (I forget, did I ever post the source code to the splitter app?)