don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Just like the first game, genius achievement names. "You got the horn!" from 18 Wheeler might be my favorite reference.

2. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    An achievement of four player local game? Not good..I don't even have four controllers.

Besides that, everything is looking really good.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    >Nomad
    >Mega Jet
    >SUMO Wrestled
    >Sonic Drift

My favourites =P

4. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    A reference to Scud Race. +10 points.

Actually there's all sorts of references here, from Cosmic Smash to Gale Racer (not Rad Mobile!?) to Lock-On. Pretty clever.

5. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    OMG thats hilarious, come 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th with human players at the same time in local multiplayer?

So many hurdles, getting 4 controlers, getting 4 local friends... getting 4 competent friends, assembling them at a specific time in a way that dosent look like a desperate attempt to soley get an achivement.

I'm sure easy for some, but im sure a lot of us fall short, to mabye only one or two friends that might help out with this, mabye fueled with alcohol and cheetoes, I only have 2 friends that give the remotest crap about kartracing and Sonic lol

Even when you do have 3 friends, there is ALWAYS the guy that ALWAYS comes in last, we all know him, the friend that either sucks, or always gets hit with every weapon and hazard on the track.

6. Wait a second...
    http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a410301/sonic—all-stars-racing-transformed-sumo-explains-omitted-licences.html

Mr. Hazuki won't make an appearance? :(

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Neither will Alex Kidd if I've heard correct. Guess I'll stick with Amy.

8. OUCH well I guess I'll stick to Metal being my main just like before. Sad about Hazuki and Kidd though, had fun playing as them :(

9. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    He could still be in the game as the interview is discussing why there isn't a Shenmue track, not a Shenmue character.

10. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I know we don't speak of THAT WEBSITE, but apparently they are reporting that the final secret character that hasn't been revealed yet is none other than motherfuckin' Segata Sanshiro.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Hm, not sure who to believe less on that. Steve may well want to hide the final big surprise and just flat out deny it, but let's not forget the utter load of tripe that was "Sonic Dimensions". Massive doses of salt required, I think.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The system hasn't been released and the games are already lacking features? Way to go...

Regarding the characters they won't even be discussing until the game is out, I'm betting on ToeJam & Earl.

SEGA did get in contact with their creators after the first All-Stars Racing and now they're releasing a new compilation with their old games. It would just make sense, and they even have a recognizable vehicle already.

14. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Reminds me when Metal Slug Anthlogy for the Wii didn't have Classic Controller support. They just came in a little too late before anyone could implement anything. Happened with a number of Wii games, actually. (Where you'd have GCN controller support, but no Classic Controller support.

Also, its not like voice chat for a racing game that has little to no teamwork between players is a deal breaker.

Blame Nintendo if anything.

15. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I can't care about the lack of voice chat, I just can't. I would not use it unless playing with friends, and if that's the case I can always Skype with them at the same time. It just means no 12-year-olds to call me faggot for picking Amigo. :v:

16. AfroRyan

AfroRyan

Sonic Pinball Party Stan Member
    SOIL
    I'd like to just pop in here and say: I would love to see Kid Chameleon, Sketch Turner, or anything from Gain Ground represented somehow in S&ASR:T. Also, despite being a bad game [with good concepts], I think Wild Woody would be a great joke character.

17. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Wreck-It Ralph character trailer!

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    That was a really nice trailer.

Too bad I won't be getting the game. I really wanted that Bonus Edition...

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Why aren't you getting it if you want the Bonus Edition?

Anyways, nice trailer. I liked that he said "Hey Sonic, what are you doing in a car." Old argument I know, but still, I always find it funny when they mention that.