don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Not only do I doubt very hard Bates decided to copy an image I posted in a couple forums and 4chan, the way I drew Sally in that image was based on Mecha Sally, from the comics, and a sketch Bates himself did of Sally. It's all Bates in there.

[​IMG]

2. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    OH SHIT, I goofed. It's Steven Fry, right? I know it's a Fry. JAMES FRY.

Oh wait, I'm thinking of Steven Butler.

FUCK.

But, hey, if you say it's Bates, it's Bates, I suppose. It's still too similar as I see it though given your base it was to be expected, I guess.

+ - Your design is still superior, though.  

3. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I just really find it unlikely- not to mention, this design was probably planned from the start, I imagine they went to Bates and said "we need a new Sally design and two Mecha Sally designs to serve as intermediums".

But hey, if I'm wrong and Bates did rip me off, more power to him and a honour to me :v:

4. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Well, I like the new design, it's simple and effective. I mean sure I like the classic design as much as the next guy but I'm not complaining that they changed things around, besides it's not the first time an Archie and/or a SatAM character got a redesign, I mean look at Bunnie when she got new limbs, or Rotor when he was given the addition of glasses and a bomber jacket (and later on his Republic outfit and Iron Armor). Love the rest of the artwork and the Sonic and Megaman Character Select artwork gave me chills.

Also from reading the earlier issues (The first few issues of the series), Sal didn't have those wisker-things from her SatAM design, then again that's when she was Pink (or Red-ish in the original Sonic Mini-Series).

5. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    New Sally will probably look better in the comics when she's not standing on her tiptoes with her pinky finger at an angle that pinky fingers aren't supposed to bend at.

6. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Shit, they're finally doing it. They're redesigning Sally to make her look more official SEGA character-like. Not sure how to feel about this, really. The design itself is alright, except for the gloves; I think she would look a lot better without them.

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Jamal Peppers has the best pencils.

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

My biggest beef with it is probably the facial design, it was already deformed by Yardley's redesign, but now it outright copies Cream's head atonomy, completely rounded head, flattened snout and her eyes connecting to the rim of her nose. They've only succeeded in making her look even MORE like another generic Uekawa mould.

9. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Would you honestly want her coming out looking like a Brundlething?

10. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

Here's a cleaned up image of the Sally Redesign for those of you who want to see it better, spoiler tag because of image size:

[​IMG]

In addition, preview pages for SU#45 (The All-Stars Racing Transformed Adaption) are up on Destructoid: http://www.destructoid.com/racing-is-transformed-in-sonic-universe-45-236882.phtml

For those of you too lazy to click, here's the preview pages themselves:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yeah, the preview pages seem to have some type of weird cutoff on the images, not sure if it's like that in the issues since I haven't gotten mine in yet.

11. Tylinos

Tylinos

Yeah, that last page is part of a two page spread in the actual issue. Way to go ending the preview there, preview guys.

Also:
    http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/10/16/more-mega-man-from-nycc-2012/

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    That Transformed comic is going to be all kinds of cheesy awesome. Can't wait.

13. I think I hate Sally's new design, even though it merely a change in clothing.

And why reveal this? I mean wasn't there a legitimate possibility that Sally would remain how she is, or be killed? Seems anticlimatic to blow that.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Nope. Everyone just assumed she would be back to normal in #250 or after.

15. *shrugs* Even though I'd hate to see Sally, I thought it'd be bold if she was forced to be killed. The emotional fallout from such an event would be something really unique and dark for the comic.

16. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Thinking Sally's new design is looking pretty spiffy, a lot better than the ones before. Yeah, I'm gon' be "that guy". However I do think her muzzle could stretch around her head a bit farther and end with a slight bit of fuzziness, would look a good bit better than being so small like that. Other than that I have noooo problemo.

17. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

"The invitations went out to everyone who competed last year. We had to include everyone to be fair"

Hahaha, the same can't be said for the game! :P

Nice to see other Sega characters in an Archie comic for...barring cameos the first time I think? Man this is making me wonder what this idea would be like if Sonic the Comic did it.

18. Hukos

Hukos

Count me among the folk who don't think Sally's redesign is shit :v:

I think it's a bit awkward to look at right now, but I personally think it's that "new redesign smell". It'll feel a bit more natural once we've seen it used in a few issues, I think.
    Given Flynn's hardon for Sally, did anyone really think she was going to be killed off? Honestly?

19. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

SoA's seventh moon. I see someone on the writers' team fanwanked hard in the past. :v:

20. InstantSonic

InstantSonic

Just add water! Oldbie
    I'll be waiting for the crowd that starts going crazy over why Sonic character males are "naked" while Sally seemed to be the "last stand" in the line of females who weren't clothed.