don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Nope. It's entirely random what the Chao gets, if anything. And Skeleton Dogs still count as parts to, it's just that they give the Chao one of it's original parts. It's all luck if you want something specific.

Who said that? All I wanted them to do was add in the items that are already there, ala Big. But of course whatyou say is true. The Chao aren't really a selling point. I hadn't even thought about them until just now to be honest. It's not something they would have considered. More feasible than online play, but not a big deal at all.

2. Sey

Sey

I strongly disagree. The Chao were a celebrated feature by fans and critics alike. They added an insane amount of replayability and are sorely missed from the series.

3. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Oh well... those dragon antennae stays. Thanks again!

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I've said before that Chao have no business being anywhere near the Sonic games, and I strongly stand by that. They add nothing to the gameplay other than a pointless time sink.

However, Sega's missing out on some serious money here by not splitting them out into their own game series. I do believe that a standalone Chao game on mobile and social platforms will generate tons of money and, with online interactive functionality for racing and trading, as well as a Chao Adventure mode, will make it very appealing and feature enough content. Either make it free to play with paid incentives (Spiral Knights already has this measure for the company) or charging something like $5-$8 (anything more for an app is robbery) on iOS, Android, and WP7 and we should see some interesting results.

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I seriously can see this happening. Especially with Sega of America being re-tooled into a digital distributor, I would be shocked if they haven't considered this to be a viable option. A Facebook/mobile app interconnected mini-game would sell like hotcakes.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I don't know...a big part of what made raising Chao so much fun was the fact that rings you collected during gameplay turned into currency to buy stuff for your Chao.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Guess you can do what Advance did and create minigames similar to that. or some ring collecting minigames with sonic running through some classic/modern stages with rings being the rank guide. I don't know just passing off ideas...

Not that I know of. usually if you want a certain part of an animal you have basically keep giving him the animal until the part shows up then skulldog it until theres nothing left but that part. it can be annoying since the part you want could remove itself during the process.

8. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Oh man, I know its old hat news, but I only just cottoned on with that Animal glitch, maxed out my Chao (accept stamina) in under an hour, what I time saver, I can totally focus on creating rare and interesting Chao's, or at very least, quickly give them enough swim ability so I don't hear the drowning noise every 10 seconds lol

9. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    I never liked the Chaos a single bit, endless waste of time...

I have been looking my GF play the game on X360 and it looks blurry to we, compared to DC game... is it me, or the TV or it really is softer ?

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    The correct answer is Chao social dungeon crawler, such as for a handheld like the 3DS. You raise up a chao or two, and find more using augmented reality gaming. You can find items and rings during play, and can team up with other peoples' chaos online or local wireless to get through dungeons; typical PvP features are also included (such as the expected racing and karate). Console Sonic Games get the ability to send collected rings and certain items into the game in order to support the chao/increase their skills. Think somewhere between Dempamen and Pokemon and you've got the right idea.

11. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Any advice for wining those nasty kart races? I heard these are some sort of "super-start" but I don't know hot to do it. Anyone knows?

12. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    This depends. Do you have any gameplay videos of your most recent attempts? The kart races are really easy once you know how to do them. Obviously you can't be running into walls and spinning out all the time or you'll never win. Memorization of the course is absolutely necessary.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    You know that state when your car is making screeching noises? Be in that state constantly and lightly tap the stick left and right. It causes you to go at a higher speed. Such a strat is essential for beating the Kart missions on Expert and the kart hard mode missions with ample time.

14. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Let go of the accelerator and hold left or right on the control stick to make sharp turns. You can still try to accelerate depending on how deep in the turn you are. Line up your kart on straight roads to build up top speed again.

15. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try it later.

16. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    You can also attempt a drift by double tapping the acellerate button.

17. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    So, I'm currently 1st on Crazy Gadget on the PS3 boards. Let's see how long this lasts XD

18. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    Man, it feels like the camera is even worse this time around.

Why did they feel this "Cinematic" camera was a good idea?

19. Can I get a list of locations/cutscenes Big was missing in? I'm actually in contact with someone from SEGA in regards to correcting this issue. I know of Wild Canyon and I was wondering if there are others.

20. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Seen him everywhere else here. Also they should probably fix the rail at the end of the Final Rush mission too. It takes you down and won't let you go up, so you have to do a short run-up to bounce up there. Got a A anyway, but needs fixing nonetheless.