don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Also, Dark Sonic, they DID fix some of the overlap, just got to the first Sonic vs. Shadow fight and it's not "You're not even good enough to be mI'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS" anymore. Though to be honest I thought that was one of the more realistic voice overlaps, as that's how that sort of thing would actually go.

2. Is Multiplayer local only? Sorry if this was confirmed ages ago, but I honestly haven't read anything definitive.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It is. There was no doubt about this from the get-go.

4. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    See I find myself wanting the DLC but I really like the original title screen. Guess I gotta make a choice one way or the other anyway XD

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I face the same dilemma. I'm just waiting for the PC version to come out and someone will just hack the SA2 title screen into the game again, since the SA2B one is a bit too busy for my tastes.

6. I'm being told they forgot to put Big back in Wild Canyon. Can someone confirm or de-confirm?

7. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Maybe for Metal Harbor too, considering the ring's still on top of one of those parts you grab a hook to go up. Not the best description ever but some might still get it XD

8. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    I didn't see him in Wild Canyon when following the instructions to find him on the Wiki, guess they goofed, wouldn't be the first time.

9. Metal Harbor was one of my favorite appearances of Big...

Anyway, here's a guide for finding which Big appearances SEGA screwed up this time:

10. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    And who exactly is going to do these things? This isn't Generations, where you just have to swap out some files and edit some XML. It's also not SADX, where we have years of knowledge and experience. Simply being released on PC does not automatically open the entire game to modification.

Don't assume that someone is going to hack it.

11. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Huh, seems the ring I was on about always was a random ring placed there. Weird, it was so out of place I thought it was a Big cameo. Nevermind then, not sure if it's there or not.

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Speaking as a player who mained Metal Sonic, yeah, it was annoying. However, I was good enough at invoking Black shields that my foes would always hit my on times were it was impossible to get them, usually on control locked jumps and such.

It was a thing added for the GC version. The way it goes is that:
    Sonic/Shadow/Knuckles/Rouge/Tails/Eggman: All unmodified from DC version
    Amy: gains attacks every ten rings instead of 20, and has a 20 second freeze attack. Hers was somewhat weaker than the others though. Also her top speed and jump height were lowered
    Metal Sonic: stripped of all power up attacks but given an ability to counter other powerup attacks save for the time freezes. Has better accel and jumps higher.
    Alt Sonic/Alt Knuckles: every attack is Sonic Wind/Thunder Arrow
    Alt Shadow/Alt Rouge: every attack is time freeze but only for 5 seconds
    Tikal: attacks are the same, moves faster, but has weaker emerald radar (no green)
    Chaos: SLOW AS FRAG. Makes up for it with crazy long melee range, he can't drown and has a THIRTY SECOND TIME FREEZE
    Chao Walker: moves faster and gets attacks every 15 rings instead of 20. His attacks are weaker than the norm though.
    Dark Chao Walker: Slow as frag, but his shots are stronger. He shoots double volleys of everything, and his laser attack connects with both hits, then it's an insta kill.
    Alt Tails: Stripped of all power up attacks but is REALLY REALLY fast.
    Eggman Nega Alt Eggman: Stripped of his lock-on weapon, and I think his only attack is the laser.

Haha, my nephews and I would do the same thing, though we'd play Meteor herd. Mad Space would always be "rejected by the council" though.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So...Speaking about SA2 memories...Does anyone know a way to make Metal Sonic do his little trick with his shield on City escape? It was always fun to watch but it seemed random if he would do it or not.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Good point, but we don't know how complicated the game is to hack yet. It could be very similar to SADX for all we know (it was built off of SA1 anyways wasn't it?)

Also didn't someone already do a title screen hack for SADX 2010 to put the original title screen back in anyways? While I shouldn't assume, I'm guessing it can't be that complicated of a process since both title screens are in the game, only one is used depending on if you've bought shit or not. I'm not expecting any sort of Generations type hacking here, since there is no point (why spend time on SA2 when there's a much better game to base your hacks off of). Rather I'm simply hoping for some hacks that will bring the game up to speed a little bit with some minor cosmetic things done here and there or a character replacement code ala action replay.

15. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    So, just fought Sonic as Shadow at the end of Dark's story and found that they sort of...half fixed Sonic's line. Now it's "I'll use your tech-CHAOS, CONTROOOOL" instead of just "I'll use your-" etc. Would've been nice for them to fix it fully but still, it's something different.

16. Nobody can confirm if Big is at Wild Canyon or not?

17. Miles3298

Miles3298

That line could always be fully heard under the right circumstances. I've heard "I'll use your move" a few times (played on the GameCube) a while back. As for what the right circumstances are, I'm not quite sure.

18. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    What, like do ramp tricks while using black shield? I don't think that's even possible.

19. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.

He's not.

Anyway, 2P Battle.

The Alt. Costumes are unlocked by Default, so getting all A ranks in every stage is only really good for the achivement now.

Way to drop the ball, Sega, unless this was something they decided on for battle DLC. Still, way to remove one of the biggest challenges of the game.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    No need to get snippy MainMemory, I didn't name names but it is going to get hacked. this game has been a long time coming for PC users so much so that we resorted to emulation hacking in the meantime. I doubt its going to just be shelved like Sonic 4 was, never to be touched because its an impossible waste of time.

But if I was to place our bets on our go-to guy for SA2 hacking here, it would be darkspines35. He is the one whos shown most interest in hacking SA2PC also hes already done small stuff for SA2B so he does have alittle experence behind him and he did say he was going to dabble and see what he can do when the PC version releases. and you have had back-and-forth discussions with him in the SA2 hacking topic along with what your showing off as well.

I'm not expecting day-1 big shit here, I never do no one here can ever crack a game open day 1 it takes time, sweat, & allot of trial and error testing. Generations Unleashed didn't even crop up in its early alpha screens until 3 months after the release of Generations and it took another 4 months after that to even get a playable dragon road working. But I know it will be opened up just like DX and Generations was, its just going to take time...and I'm a patient guy. I can wait.