don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    That wouldn't have stopped Generations. =P

I wouldn't be surprised if NiGHTS got more representation in this game, considering they had so many requests for NiGHTS in ASR1 that they put him in the DLC.

This fucker needs moar Ristar though.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    As I'm sure the Summer of Sonic people will happily be commenting on when they get back, NiGHTS and Reala were confirmed to be playable characters; there's even a NiGHTS track!

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/07/07/nights-announced-as-racer-and-track-in-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/

EDIT: There's some footage in this link, at the 1:17:40 mark.

http://www.twitch.tv/thesonicshow/b/323985629

3. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    This is old, but I don't think it's been brought up here. Awhile back Danica helped design a Hotwheels car based on her "Dream Car":

[​IMG]
    Six Wheels. Say hi to Danica's ASR car, everybody.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wasted opportunity. She should have drove the Hornet. Instead we get... this.

ANYYYWAYYY besides that, hey look at that, NiGHTs is a boat. Interesting way to incorporate the character, but it makes sense. Figured it would make more sense for Vectorman to be a car character though. I'm glad the character roster looks much more representative of Sega's franchises and not just Sonic characters. And it has good Sega characters, none of this Bonanza Bros crap from the first one.

5. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    I liked the Bonanza Bros... :flunked:

6. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Well, I was a huge Hot Wheels fan when I was young, so I like that design. Kind of a bit odd to see 6 wheels, but hey, I'm not complaining. ^^

7. dsrb

dsrb

NiGHTS time? NiGHTS time. About time.

Both NiGHTS and Reala are in it, and neither is only a boat; they race in all three environments like all the other characters.

8. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Wow! Airplane NiGHTS looks stupid!

9. I kinda hope that all the characters have multiple cars to choose from, since limiting them to just one like in the first game didn't really give players much of a choice. I mean, they could easily sneak in more referances to other games that way. Sonic drift carts for the Sonic cast? Original cars from the first game for returning characters that have new cars? I'm sure you all could think of other vehicles for the other racers that'd fit.

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Still holding out for Vectorman and Streets of Rage representation, but this double whammy of NiGHTS has been all sorts of nice.

11. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    I updated the SEGAbits article to add and revise some info. The areas seen in the video are Spring Valley, Gilwings Lair and Wizeman's boss arena. Turns out they gave Gilwing's arena a bit more foresty detail which lead to it looking more like Mystic Forest.

As for the water section, can't tell if it is or isn't Splash Garden or an extension of Spring Valley. Though I'm assuming it's Spring Valley. Who knows, they could be incorporating bits from other stages into these other areas, making them appear to be blends of several areas. I recall Seaside Hill did this in the first All-Stars game.

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/07/07/nights-announced-as-racer-and-track-in-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/

12. Love the Nights course. Can't wait for this game! Don't go bankrupt, Sega. :(

13. Machenstein

Machenstein

As happy as I am that NiGHTS and Reala made it in, I wish they would represent NiGHTS into Dreams more as opposed to NiGHTS Journey of Dreams. It's the same way Nintendo keeps representing Yoshi's Story instead of Yoshi's Island in their Smash Bros. games. I would also prefer it if Claris piloted NiGHTS while Elliot piloted Reala since I'm an "into Dreams" purist like that. But I am happy to see NiGHTS get any representation at all after that huge fuss about the first All-Stars Racing game.

14. Jof

Jof

Scotland
    Sonic Fantasy
    Well, it's the best of both worlds really. The stage is pretty much entirely "into Dreams", with Spring Valley, Gillwings Lair and the Wizeman fight (though from the brief screen of the later it could well be JoD Wizeman).

15. Machenstein

Machenstein

Come to think of it, I do find JoD Wizeman to be an improvement over his NiD incarnation. If it were up to me, NiGHTS and Reala would have their NiD appearances while Wizeman would keep his JoD one.

I guess I'm not a complete "into Dreams" purist after all. :P

16. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Wouldn't it not make any sense for kids to ride on NiGHTS since they normally combine with him, nor would it make any sense for Reala to work with a visitor at all?

17. Machenstein

Machenstein

Elliot did use NiGHTS as a sled at one point though. Doesn't Frozen Bell ring a... bell?

18. Samurai Echidna

Samurai Echidna

You know, I feel privileged. I am one of the few who has NEVER touched a single Mario Cart game, so I won't be comparisons nor will I be angry the game doesn't play the same way. In fact, I never did like racing games in general. Never did have the speed necessary for them, and I even get a little apprehensive when I see racing elements in Sonic games, even when they are just after-thought missions you don't have to do. Sure, I know now that those racing elements are going to be really easy by comparison to many other racing games, but the apprehension is still there.

I have a copy of the first All-Stars Racing game. Never played it much, in fact I played it less than the All-Stars Tennis game. Sonic R was about the only racing game I ever actually had fun with and felt comfortable playing. And I do understand why Sonic will always have a loving relationship with racing; speed will always been the name of the game. Still, despite how I feel, I was excited for the first All-Stars Racing and I am excited for this.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    We got boxart, a release date, and oh; a new CG trailer! No new character reveals but still cool.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTtgsWZnyB8&list=UUWfXR0-F7MI-TbqikgEdJcQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[​IMG]

It comes out November 16th according to some sites. But the end of the trailer says the 20th? I really don't know. It's somewhere around there at least.

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/07/12/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-trailer-and-pack-fronts/

EDIT: Poor Eggman...

EDIT 2: Shows how much more attention I was paying to the trailer than the box art; do those hills look familiar to anyone? :specialed:

20. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    16th in Europe, 20th in the US most likely. (the former is a Friday, the latter a Tuesday)