don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    (direct link)

2. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Thanks. He'd be a fun little addition if a complete hack is ever made.

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I don't know why you're all complaining about DLC since the game has still so many problems to be solved... The special stages are much harder now! Yesterday I got up to the 4th stone on the Sega CD version. Today, my Steam code arrived and man I couldn't even get the first. >.>

4. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    We're not necessarily "complaining" about downloadable content, we're just simply trying to show that there's demand for it in order to increase the possibility of that actually happening.

5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I believe the collision detection of the special stages is slightly different as I too had a hard time with them at first, but once I played them for a little bit, they became a piece of cake again (beating all 7 stages quickly for time attack became no problem at all).

Just practice with it a bit. You'll get the difference down. Really, the time travel glitches need to be resolved more than anything, though they are still fairly minor.

6. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Since there is no disassembly of the game, you'd have to do it all in hex. And even then, it's very difficult to insert new data into the game without making the ISO break, or messing up anything else. You'd have to figure out where your new code can go, so the program can flow easily with no interruptions. When qiuu and snkenjoi worked on Sonic CD ++, they had to write a program that searched the ISO for any free space so they could insert their new code. So it can be either more time consuming (if you know exactly what you're doing) or difficult (if you don't know what you're doing). In the long run, you might want to wait for a disassembly to come out... :\

7. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Oh yeah, that dissassembly is for the beta. Double crap. I'll be patient then.

Bug fixes should probably come first, though a guy can dream can't they?

I think Tails in Time Attack is at least one primary edit. And maybe getting to select the levels of a save game similar to the CLEAR files in S3+K.

8. ChelseaCatGirl

ChelseaCatGirl

Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Sonic 3 And Amy Rose
    Psi, I believe this is the great idea! :thumbsup:

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    In a second thought, why am I complaining about the bugs? I got this for $3,50+Taxes xD

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Was a game rip for this game ever made? Don't remember anybody ever getting around to it.

11. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    There was, even one of my German warez sites have one. I'm not going to post the link though, you know, rules and stuff.

12. In this case, count me in for the DLC, especially if it has Desert Dazzle.

13. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    That would be an immediate purchase from me if such DLC comes to light.

Dunno where that leaves mobile users though. Would they end up getting it for free or just not get it at all?

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Heeeey Vizard! got a 2nd chance I see. be more careful this time around and good luck! :)

So for the 2011 version? Its cool, just shoot me a PM. its not for me anyways but It'll be good to have on hand.

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Just a heads up: If I find out that you pirated this game I will personally suspend you for a month. It's cheap as fuck and proceeds go to one of our best and brightest tech members.

If you bought the game and just want the soundtrack though that's cool bro

16. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

You'd have to be a real lazy ass to want to pirate this game when it's so inexpensive and out on every sort of device available in the last 4 years.

17. Seriously. I've actually reimbursed a few of my friends for having purchased it on the platform of their choice. I really want Taxman and Sega to be rewarded on their bold idea of what a port should be. :X

18. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I bougth this game 4 times. One for me in my xbox 360, one for my father on his Android, one for my cousin in his ipod and one for a friend in his PS3. And I'm willing to buy it again if I see the need. This game is fucking awesome, fucking cheap, and is made by one of the best tech members of here, what more can I say?

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I bought it one time, when I get my credit card maybe I'll buy more! This could have been released on 3/DSiWare

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Actually the price makes me curious. How did Sega come up with $5 for this game? It's so unlike them. That's the same price as the other genesis games but those are just shit thrown in an emulator. This game actually has updates and features, yet it only costs $5. Yet Sonic 4 costs $15 for half as many levels (ya I know it's newer but whatever). Did you negotiate that price Taxman or was Sega feeling generous?

Oh and I bought the game for the iOS, 360, and PS3 and got all the achievements in all of them.