Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Very nice Lobo!
    By the way, this is just question for anyone, but how do I swap stages, or rather change the Sonics that appear on the stages? Like Classic in Sonic Moderns stages and vice versa.

2. DNX

DNX

... Eh. Member
    @Lobotomy

If you're planning on porting all the Colors stages, then I have a suggestion. You could try and string/merge some acts together to make them lengthier. One of the acts I noticed was Aquarium Park Act 1 and 4. The end of act 1 really looks like it transitions as the beginning of act 4. So if merging some of the acts together is possible, then I think that's something worth looking into.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Little update to JoeTE's Robo-Sonic skin mod:

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I think that Planet Wisp's 1 and 4 string together similarly.

It's interesting because the Generations modern Planet Wisp seems to be based on the two of them being strung continuously like that as well.

5. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    HAHAHA NONONONONONO

Already done.

Have more renders:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I have a very difficult time wrapping my head around the beauty I am witnessing. Amazing work with those stages, they look great! I must see this in action.

7. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Melpontro and I have been up all night.

Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/LgUEhzlv2UI

8. Graxer

Graxer

That looks absolutely amazing! It even looks like a true Generations level! Great job! :thumbsup:

9. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    I didn't even know air springs could do that. :v:

10. I didn't realise that Generations had those Sky Rail type springs.

These mods are getting amazing :)

11. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Might have been an unused feature of the springs. I wouldn't mind seeing Skyrail, I'd do it myself if I knew what tools to use rip SA2 levels.

12. I was thinking that myself, but there's no real tutorial for it, and if there is it's not easy to find :p

You'd probably have to study the level to see where all the objects go as well. I think Generations has all the enemies and things that Sky Rail would need.

13. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Nope, it was featured prominently in one of Sky Sanctuary's missions.

14. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    SALVL from SADXPCTools can load SA2 levels and export to OBJ, though it may not yet be suitable for these purposes...

15. Felik

Felik

Wow I didn't know you can make a generic BlitzSonic level in Genereations. Good job... I guess.

16. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Found it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsROy1faFAA#t=54s
    Head to :54 because it's not working correctly.

17. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    What do you expect, a full Sega toolset including Render Farms and all the features for their done-from-scratch engine in about half an year after the game's launch? :rolleyes:

18. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Yes, becuase BlitzSonic has actual camera angles and grinding rails that actually work. Yeah, totally a BlizSonic level.

Just because it isn't finished like most BlitzSonic levels doesn't mean you can apply it to this. Plus this looks much better since it has some baked shadows as to where BlitzSonic people don't know how to model something and just port levels anyways.

I would insert notsureiftrollorjuststupid.jpg ,but I think you get the point.

19. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    This hurts my feelings in unimaginable ways that you can barely fathom. Project cancelled forever.

But yeah seriously it's not done. It looks like shit because the UVs are shit and some of the normals are shit and the stage is barren as fuck and placeholder textures everywhere and oh god it's so unpolished and not even close to being done.

20. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    This is why I haven't released many videos. My project is being updated constantly but I only want to show off the best of it.