don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    who knows...here I am waiting for a demo release soon!

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Well SHIT, that looks 100 times better than Episode 1!

Now let's see this game in action already.

3. And just like that the screenshots are gone from the Market place =P

4. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'll admit, I'm blown away. Visually, these look 1000000% better than Episode I.

My one complaint:
    Mother fuckers.

5. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    this better have some sort of lock on, 4 zones is not even worth $5. Especially when the Sega Master Systems games provide at least 6 for just about that much.

6. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    [​IMG]
    Did anyone point this out yet? Looks like the Death Egg in the background being constructed around Little Planet.

7. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    If the physics improvements turn out to be equally as impressive as the graphical improvements, I'll be sold for sure. Those screens look fantastic and blow Episode I's plastic-like grass and cardboardy visuals right out of the water.

I just hope that the Bubbles chains are significantly reduced and do not plague Episode II like they did in Episode I.

8. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Cue the game delay! Nah, I'm just kidding. I hope Sega doesn't mess with the release date at all and releases it on time.

9. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
  10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I think it's safe to say that backwards lock-on to Episode 1 is completely out of the question now. New special stages, etc. Good riddance. Seriously, I can't stop gushing over how much this is (speaking only from a visual perspective) such an improvement over before. If they have at least Generations-quality physics, I will be more than content. It really looks like they're having fun with some of these ideas.

The snow and Carnival levels are obviously the same zone. Look at the trees in the backgrounds of both! A nice mish-mash of tropes.

11. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I'm still very much brunt to a crisp from Ep1 and would prefer that they restart, but since they're not, I would prefer a lock on version or at the very least, something to justify the price. Ep1's price was not worth it.

Even if the physics are fixed, it won't be enough for me. Even Sonic Blast on game gear had more zones than either epsiode.

12. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Hey, you're right. :v: But I still think there could be a separate snow level.

13. Now I see why they re-released Sonic CD. I thought it was just to show Metal Sonic's backstory, but it looks like they're actually bringing back Little Planet. I'm really excited! :D

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Meh doesn't matter the page served its purpose. Now there everywhere and theres not a damned thing SEGA can do about it!! *Eggman Laugh*

These screens look great. Is it me or does sonic's run animation look different from episode 1?

15. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Rather random thing to notice, but it seems Modern Tails uses Classic Tails' … tails here, visually speaking.

Also, this looks bloody gorgeous, the models actually don't look like ass now; looks like they're the Generations Models for the most part. owo

16. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I really want a music rip now. Just the first Act, that's all. I promise I'll be satisfied with that, SEGA. ;_;

17. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
    I just love the feel these screenshots give off. I seriously love that dark, nighttime, overcast atmosphere.

Describe to me a zone that wouldn't look like a rehash from another game.

18. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Well count me in, I was beginning to worry abou-
    [​IMG]
    Oh... good... GOD.

19. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Ugh, no. These pictures shows graphics visibly better than the ones from Episode 1. Also, Sonic's visual style looks MUCH better (it reminds me of Sonic Generations/Unleashed/Colors a bit more), impressive level art that differs from the EP1's rubber-like graphics and it shows a much better animation/style/pose for Sonic running. I liked these details a lot, I really noticed a giant improvement in comparison to the stuff from Episode 1. But videos are the only thing that will be make me to get a deep analysis into the contents of the game.

20. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    The models? You mean the textures, lighting, and animations, yes? I see from the screens that the lighting is much improved, and it looks more like 2.5D environments than cardboard 2D ones, anyway. Nice effect, but I'm slightly disappointed by what we know so far of the levels—if the summary is to be believed, it's still only four zones long, with nothing terribly original so far beyond a few new badniks there, so it's not a lot to get excited by.

However, looking beyond skin-deep and considering the implications of the other stuff, the fact that they're going for a new engine and much-improved graphical style means they aren't going to emphasize conformity with Episode I much at all, meaning we can expect the graphical and gameplay inprovements not to suffer because they don't want Episode II to be too similar to Episode I. The glimpses we get of what appears to be a Death Egg/Little Planet hybrid hint at a much more interesting story scenario than Episode I's, which isn't likely to be much of a factor at all but is always a nice thing to have (it made S3&K that much more of a joy to play).

@ Lanzer: yeah, Sonic's animation looks different. Can't tell if it's good or bad in still-frame, though.