don't click here

Blue Blur: Sonic Generations Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashram, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    whos version do you have? Hinchy's or !!!!!'s from FFshrine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_zEiowVOk

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I would assume I have Hinchy's then.

Also there is a disturbing lack of Knuckles Chaotix in the OST.

3. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I was honestly surprised we even got that one song from Chaotix considering how unknown that game is.

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Not just one, but two Chaotix songs.

5. Nova

Nova

For me, the highlights of the collection are Tropical Resort - Modern, Rooftop Run - Modern and Chemical Plant - Modern.

Tropical Resort was one of my favourite Sonic tracks ever already but this remix is amazing. Takes the sufer-esque quality I felt the song always had and just enhances that to levels of sheer awesome. I would have loved a console re-imagining of this level, with a 'full speed' version of this.

Rooftop Run is still my favourite on the entire soundtrack, though. :v:

6. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
  7. Falk

Falk

At its complexity level you could make a case that it's a remix of anything. It's just a bunch of loops thrown together and subsequently sped up.

8. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    My favourites out of the release are Radical Highway Act 1 and Biolizard. Having not played the 3DS game, it was quite refreshing to find a few more well-done remixes. I was also somewhat surprised to find out who raped Mushroom Hill Zone - I thought it was CashCash!

Jun is also a penis and should stop making music for the series.

A note-worthy boner in this release is Egg Emperor. What a terrible track.

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Funny because people keep telling me it may be a Mean Bean Machine Remix.

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Sounds a little bit this to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX1uA2O5dLY&feature=related

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZrnbHEYYHE&feature=channel_video_title

11. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I definetly think I didn't download the whole thing then, because all I have in the folder are the actual original songs of Sonic 1 and 2, and then some shitty, sounds like all they did was use a different soundfont, remixes. I loved the shit in generations.

12. aaronlong

aaronlong

cartoon guy Member
    Toronto, Canada
    Mostly non-Sonic-related, but I make cartoons.
    Yeah, that's not the Sonic Generations soundtrack-- You must've mistakenly downloaded the "Sonic 1 & 2 Soundtrack" collection instead. The "shitty different soundfont" ones are actually the rough demo versions of the songs recorded by the original Sonic composer Masato Nakumara, which the programmers of Sonic 1 and 2 then used as a guide to sequence the in-game music.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah Hez if thats the case:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBF06143E0663E453

Here. playlist from the ost. take a listen and see if you have the right ost here. but I'm sure your talking about the demo/beta tracks from the Sonic 1 and 2 special album.

I was told it maybe was a cut track. was there any tracks from any betas that were cut?

14. Falk

Falk

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. The resemblance is marginal at best (being really generous) and you could make the same argument for any other track that sounds remotely similar, I.e. has a bassline with a slap bass-ish sound. And it wasn't exactly cut. It's used in the game. It's essentially a drum beat, minimal percussion and 3 notes on a bass with really little for it to distinguish itself or make it recognizable compared to any other track. We're not talking about something simplistic yet instantly recognizable like the Jaws theme here...

15. dsrb

dsrb

Hey, guys? You know what we could do? Like, not dump pointless, massive, ugly, absurd quote pyramids everywhere.
    I mean, generally, when one sees a post and is not immediately sure what it refers to, one can generally make the logical leap of checking the one above for clues of context.

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I brought the quote pyramid because JaxTH got the last post on the previous page. I usually cut down my pyramids.

17. dsrb

dsrb

Sure; I was mainly meaning that Falk didn't need to quote anything since your post was right there (a simple ^ would've sufficed, but is hardly necessary anyway), but it's not personal to him as so many users do the same thing.

I mod another forum, and this stuff irks me enough there; I don't want to imagine how I'd react to it here. :v:

18. Some Dude's Hand

Some Dude's Hand

Needs more loops... Member
    Empire City
    Getting my ideas off the paper and into the computer.
    Call me late to the party, because I'm not sure if the following question has been answered: Did anybody notice that Cutscene 8 is a version of the boss theme from Sonic 1? Even in seemingly original works there are nods to past games!

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

20. MastaSys

MastaSys