don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Amusing thing I noticed: you're travelling to the Past from the Past. :v:

I wonder how many places there are in the game where you can get stuck like that when time-travelling...

2. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Trying to get outta Dr. Dre mode, and actually release an album.
    Quite a lot, actually. I remember once I got into some kind of hidden spot in TT Past Act 2, and wound up getting trapped, because I time warped. Thankfully I had debug on, so I was able to get out. A similar thing happens when you warp to the past inside that giant tube in the beginning of PP Act 1. If the warp is done successfully, you'll appear at the very bottom of the zone and wind up falling to your death unless you have debug mode enabled.

3. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    NoLife TV made an all-night special on Sonic a few days ago, which might have a few interesting tidbits. Unfortunately, there's a small fee to view them, and since my bank is still acting up for online payments I can't get access to those at the moment.

[​IMG]

4. hwd45

hwd45

Um, okay... Do you think they should have used a smaller font? There's more text than image.

5. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    http://youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&v=NrdekFrIzVE

I was watching Russel Howards Good News tonight, and if you look closely at the drum the monkey is banging, it has Classic Tails on the side.

6. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Unsure on where to post because it doesn't really deserve a topic. Is there anywhere I can get any Chao items, preferably plushies. To my pleasure, my GF has a soft spot for chao and she has a high-pitched Awwww'ing session. It's really something to hear. I'll record it sometime!

Anyway, back on topic. Where can I get any Chao items?

7. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Maybe you'd be interested in buying this from a fellow Retro member? It was handmade by my friend (out of crochet) and IMO is much cuter than some of the competition. It's never been played with by children or otherwise abused; we just made it for a lark and set it on a shelf.

8. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    I'll P'M after I finish work. Thaks dude!

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Are there any full scale level maps of the Sonic 3K zones? All the maps I've found are resized (I'm trying to find out the dimensions for each zone).

10. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    The Super Sonic Racing remix by Cash Cash in Sonic Generations 3DS has no sega saturn advert lyrics in the end (I loved those)

Kinda like removing the WHOO .. AW YEAH from City Escape Classic on the HD version.

11. Regarding the latter, the Dreamcast/Gamecube version didn't have "Woo! Aw yeah!" either unless the song restarted. So technically, if you don't die in Classic City Escape, it makes sense.

12. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    So I know there has been talk about how in Sky High Zone if Sonic falls to the bottom of the level, there's spikes to kill him rather than the bottom boundary killing him. Well it seems to be the only level that uses the spikes, because I was messing around with the collision data in UGZ, and I made it to where there is no collision, so he simply falls through the floor. Upon colliding with the bottom boundary, he dies. However, if you do this in SHZ, he simply collides with spikes, and if you remove these spikes he loops back up to the highest point in the level, and he gets stuck. Now this is just a guess, I haven't fully looked at the collision arrays, but perhaps it does that only in SHZ because in SHZ 3 the collision is slightly different to handle the boss fight. (Sonic falls down to the actual boss after destroying the boss' child objects, those bird badniks that also appear in Sonic Chaos. But then again, there's a routine in bank 28 that handles that...)

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Are you looking for something like this?

14. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    You can use SonLVL (or SonED/SonED2 if you like PCX/TGA) to export maps without objects. If you need objects you'll have to wait until somebody writes definitions for all the objects, then I will post fullsize maps to the wiki (as I've done with GHZ, EHZ, CPZ, and S2 DEZ).

15. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Or, if you can run things made in Game Maker, you can always use my program, Sonic Extractor 3&K mix, to export them, too - objects included.

16. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I found this when playing Knuckles in Sonic 2:
    [​IMG]
    You can walk right through the wall standing on an invisible solid block.

17. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Yeah, this whole area is a disaster. I noticed it playing Sonic 2 Heroes, but never got around to reporting it.

18. I believe this is related to the moving blocks in the cave underneath, Just block access to the area and you should be fine.

19. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    FYI, I knew that from playing original Sonic 2 -- I guess the devs didn't think it was possible to get there -- and I was just biding my time until I had a level editor that didn't suck to fix it. The current release of S2: Heroes fixes this.

20. Without debug, it isn't possible to get up there is it? :S