don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. MastaSys

MastaSys

Marketing Team thinking, they wouldn't want to confuse young readers that sonic didn't have the green eyes, that would be bad indeed.
    After they bought the book, who cares.

2. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

The whole buckles thing was really stupid, wasn't it? They kept banging on about that difference at the time like it was important simply because they never drew them on before.

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Not to mention they didn't bother to make an explanation for everyone else's SA redesigns (par Amy's wierd backstory) which only created a bigger 'plothole'.

Seriously Sally and Ant's designs morph constantly but they don't try to make a backstory for that.

4. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    To be fair, Amy had the biggest design change of all. Sally still looks like Sally, just in a different style.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    SU #35 was pretty good. The best part is the ending.

6. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I'm late, but I just bought Sonic #231 from the local Books-A-Million a couple of days ago. Best Sonic comic since #175, I think? Good Sonic comics don't come often, and this was definitely one of them.

7. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    35 was some awesome stuff, but looking back, it could have very well been an StH issue instead.

8. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    It's artistic liscense. Like on Archives 6, Buns Rabbot (Anti-Bunnie), is on the cover, despite not making an apperance until issue 151.

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    5-page preview of SU #35:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like its going to be an exciting issue.

10. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    This arc has led to some more exciting moments as well as better coloring and artwork all around. Kind of happy for the comics as of recent.

Also I just realized that the Babylon battle fortress looks just like that one fleet ship you fight with the Tornado near the beginning of Unleashed, except grey instead of orange.

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So...Archie released a preview of SU #35 after it's already out?

Odd.

12. Tylinos

Tylinos

It's not the first time they've released the previews late.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah true. lately they have been falling behind in their blog postings.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Hahahaha, oh wow, more crap from penders:

Literally can't stop laughing at it.

15. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Well, crap.

I had written a good paragraph or so about how that image has weird drawing composition and colors in it that make the whole thing look ugly as hell when combined... and about how Penders should feel bad for not letting go and allow Archie to continue their efforts to unify what will no doubt forever remain of his bullshit soap opera antics with a nifty take on a SegaSonic universe.

Then I hit some key and accidently backed to the previous page, so fuck it. :v:

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Wish we had the "Last draft saved" feature the other IPB board upgrades have, that has saved me a few times.

Can't archie can do whatever they want with pender's work right now can't they?

17. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    In reality, they can. Unfortunately, Penders' brain is where reality goes to die.

18. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Kung Furokov?
    Kung Furo
    Kung Fu

o u, Ian.

Out of interest, have they given the Grand Battle Kukku a name, or is he just Mr. Battle Lord?

19. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    IT's Yardley who's writing, Frozen.

As for that relic of the 80's Penders calls Julie-Su, I laugh and laugh.

20. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    I've never paid attention to Archie-exclusive characters, frankly, because they're not the main characters. Well, never did after Archimedes, anyway. The only reason I remember enjoying the Knuckles 3-issue miniseries was because it mixed in Sega characters like the Chaotix with Archie exclusives back before Sega decided continuity was a good thing after all.

After that any issue I glanced at reveled numerous footnotes asking the reader to play catch up. And I never knew who anyone was.

Years later I remember getting an issue for the hell of it. I felt pissed afterwards that it was a one-shot. Something about Antoine becoming strongwilled for the sake of his father or something. Sonic sat around moping or something, with his now-apparently existing, robotisized parents, wondering what to do. While footnotes said play catch-up. Nowadays I realize it pissed me off because the story was self-contained, yet I had no clue who the fuck anybody was. And it had been like that... hell if I know how long.

That's why I felt okay when I picked up Genesis. It did feel a little forceful and unsure of itself, trying to mix bright colorful imagery and comedy with what would clearly be "fuck up your shit" scenarios rather reminiscent of yesteryear's issues. But I feel sort of proud of the fact that the series has been trying to unify it all using existing Archie characters with a leading Sega-themed cast, while mixing original stories with twists on game canon. It has me hoping they'll get to something decent eventually, even though I don't plan on collecting again.

Of course, as I'm thinking this, I'm amused that current Archie writers strongly hinted at the death of a character in the Archieverse without naming who the character was - both acts because of Penders' antics. It's mind-numbing.