don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    It's not out in the US App Store yet. I'll bide my time playing the Android version while I wait.

2. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Played the demo, really enjoyed what I played, I can't wait until after finals are over and I buy it.

3. Tanks

Tanks

So due to marketplace being a douche I paid for the android one 4x over. It's all cool though. And you're very welcome Taxman. :P

4. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Can someone take a few screenshots of Tails in the special stages?

EDIT: Also, somebody harass Taxman to get development on those two extra stages finished and released as DLC. Not only would a new level in Sonic CD make it more fun, but the final boss we ended up getting sucks ass compared to what could have been.

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I bought the Android version and I'm loving every bit of it. Considering that I'm running an Optimus T, the fact that the game runs with only minimal slowdown speaks wonders about how it's put together. Thanks again for the hard work!

6. Okay, 360 version has been acquired.

iOS version shall be purchased ASAP.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Running it on my Android phone as well. Aside from the lol-worthy eight installs (and one force close right in the middle of it!) The game runs pretty well! It does like to chug sometimes and feel like I'm playing the game all TAS like, but it's still very much playable. Only got to Collision Chaos, though.

Good job, Taxman!

8. Tanks

Tanks

Forgot to mention. I'm running it on an HP Touchpad. It runs perfectly. No slow downs. I swear the opening video almost made me tear it up it was so cool. Only major issue is the button spacing due to stretching and screen size. I'm assuming the GS tablets have their own build to correct this because this is just annoying sometimes. But to be fair, its minor and stretching the thumbs to reach the controls only takes a minute at most to get used to.

9. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Well these 8 downloads have fucked up on me twice now, let's see if restarting the phone works at all. My electronics are always bad at doing stuff.

10. unAWARE

unAWARE

Mmm...morphball! Member
    Southwest Michigan
    Raising my son
    It seems that if you update your Android market to 3.4.4 it does indeed show up in a search. Link to the update: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/14/download-new-android-market-version-3-4-4/

11. Tanks

Tanks

Go to app data. Go to marketplace. Clear your cache and your data. Watch your download go through and the number of times you paid for it go up. Same thing happened to me... :P

12. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Not to bitch Taxman but I have noticed several issues with the android version of the app ( HTC Desire)

1. Sound doesn't work if you have the ringer volume on silent or vibrate only.
    2. Sound also stops working if the phone turns off its screen , when you go back to the game there is no longer any sound
    3. Performance issues: the game feels like its running at half speed all the time, I know the desire is old but I would have though it would handle this game fine? The strange thing is that everything runs fine until you get into the game

13. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Huzzah. Well, here goes nothing. Wish me luck.

14. Dehry

Dehry

Ohio
    I just downloaded the Android Version on my LG Optimus S (This was last year's free Sprint Android Phone.) I start it up and no music or sound effects outside the opening movie :v: Edit: I had the ringer off and it started working as soon as I turned it on. It has slowdown in many areas. If you have any LG Optimus variant it will not run well. On another note the physics are off a bit. I was always able to time travel using the first tunnel but now Sonic is flung high enough to land on the platforms above which cancels the travel.

15. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I've got a Droid X I bought back in March or something. It should run pretty good on this thing, right? I know, I should've waited a little longer for the X2, but I didn't feel like blowing tons of dough and I was sick of my Blackberry Storm. I'm curious though, how different Smartphones will be in about a year and a half when it's time for my upgrade.

16. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Well, crap.

Oh, wow. How were you able to get it in 4:3?

17. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    I got the Android version, for my Sony Xperia Play. Thank you for making it compatible with the gamepad!

18. Montblanc

Montblanc

It supports the physical keyboard of my Xperia Mini Pro! I didn't expect that :) And you can replace the videos of the game for the original lyrics easily, just changing the MP4 files.

Edit: Wow, I can't believe this game is sold for this price.

19. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Since there hasn't been one posted yet and someone asked a few pages back, here's a direct capture of Palmtree Panic 1 in the PS3 version of the game:
    http://youtu.be/r5IIHcJZHiw

I go slowly so you can hear the music looping for Present and Good Future. This was recorded from the demo, so I can't show any more than that. (I'm in the US, and don't have any way to buy it from the UK store unless I want to spend ~$35 on a UK PSN card for one game. So I guess I'm waiting until next week.) Looking forward to buying it on iOS tomorrow.

Edit: YouTube seems to be having trouble processing the video. Should start working any minute now.

20. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I don't understand why everyone wants this so much. Is Sonic CD a great game? Yes, of course! Is is the best in the series? Depending on how you look at it (my favorite is Sonic 3 & Knuckles). Now, what does this port add that I would want (I own the game for Gems Collection).
    Choice between Japanese and American soundtracks. Ok, I prefer the American soundtrack anyways. You cannot look me in the eye and say Toot Toot Sonic Warrior is better than Sonic Boom.
    Ability to play as Tails. Well, I hate how Tails plays anyway, so I wouldn't be utilizing that.
    Ability to use Sonic 2 physics. That's nice. Sonic CD's physics are different. But they aren't hard to get used to.
    Widescreen. Well, who doesn't like widescreen?

The point is, I see no reason this is so amazing if you already have Sonic CD. If you don't have it yet, buy it now. I do love the care and effort going into this port, it just doesn't appeal to me. Come on Sega, get Sonic 3 & Knuckles on iOS. I don't care if you use the Retro Engine, or if you just emulate it. Genesis Emulation on iOS has never been bad for me.