don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    lol oh shit that SUCKS :P

Also, how would they do a re-make of S3&K? They've already released each game on their own on xbl/psn/vc, they'd have to actually be able to SELL it to the people who've already bought it (because whoever hasn't bought them by this point, probably wouldn't bother at all). I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool (though technically I think Sonic 4 needs attention first, and should be re-written with Taxman's engine), but I don't think it would really sell well enough to make any money. As it stands, I'm amazed that they released CD at $5... I expected at least ten bucks, and figured most people would pay. I'd be curious to know how you got paid, Taxman, but I figure that's kinda private lol :P

Maybe with the advent of this new engine, Sega could come out of left field and just bring "Classic Sonic" to its ultimate end; they actually make a level editor/builder app and let people build and share their own custom layouts and shit. If they really wanna do it up, offer access to scripting so people can add new things along with graphics, and have the ability to search for friends' levels, search via tags, vote things up or down, etc etc :P

Where did the two new levels originate? Like, were they vague concepts that were never flushed out in preliminary ideas for the first game? Were they side/fan projects?

2. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    If we are really going to see the originals remade, then can we at least have them in order. S3&K is not all that, having the whole collection is.

3. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I reckon that Sega could market Retro Engine remakes of the original trilogy by calling it Sonic Ultimate Trilogy. As long as they make sure there's enough new features to make it worth buying to the average buyer (and market the features enough), they should be fine.

Also, I'm among those who REALLY want to know more about Desert Dazzle and Final Fever. Please tell us everything you can, Taxman.

4. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    To be fair, they have tried something along those lines.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Since this hasn't been replied yet...
    I expected it not to be cropped in 4:3 TVs... but no luck.

6. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Meh. The original MegaCD version was cropped even more, anyway.

7. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    So yeah, I'll definitely be getting this on the U.S. PSN too. You deserve my monies, Taxman.

8. synchronizer

synchronizer

Now I'm waiting for someone to make art based on the R2 waterfall/aqueduct concept. Is there a screen of that by the way?

9. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    So, is it likely that the Steam version will be out before the 25th? I really wanted to gift this to a friend for Christmas.

10. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    Needlemouse, Sonic Boom, Graphic Design
    Ok after playing it I think it's a perfect recreation, if not better for those subtle details you put into it, Taxman. Awesome job. =) I'm currently at QQ and I'm loving it! (aside from the special stages those are still frustrating =P)

I had enough points on bing rewards to get 2 of the 100 MS point codes

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Right here.

12. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Baawww where is the Android version? Also TIL that you can get Chu Chu Rocket for Android

https://market.android.com/developer?pub=SEGA+of+America

13. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
  14. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    But...that's gonna cost me 69 pence! I've NEVER had to pay for Chu-Chu Rocket...EVER. Back in the day, I brought 3 DC games (on 3 different occasions) and each time, I got a free copy of CCR, because they had so many used copies of it in stock.

15. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Fuck yes, same.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Just in case you guys haven't tried it yet:

You can enter the Secret Special Stage (Tails only) by entering 7 7 in the sound test. Nothing special happens when you beat it, though.

17. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    It's not Tails only, it's actually whoever you played as last.

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oops, sorry for the confusion, then!

19. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Made my mark on history :|

[​IMG]

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Is there any way I can have the price put on my bill on the website?