don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

------- Route Magician ------- Sonic CD Technician Member
    So if they can put in the Sonic 2 spindash, and they're saying the US OST may be potential DLC...what cool surprises could they do with DLC??

1. Let players pick JP/US tracks for each level/event.
    2. Give us Tails as a playable character.
    3. Give an option to disable rings during act 3's.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    First of all, this thread exists for a reason: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=26192&st=615
    Second, fuck DLC that should already be included in the game.

3. JigenD

JigenD

Yep. I hate DLC with a passion.

4. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I'm sure R2 would sell pretty well.

5. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    These sound like things that should already be in the game and probably aren't worth paying money for.

6. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

------- Route Magician ------- Sonic CD Technician Member
    DLC 1 is the only DLC that's already in the game via Sega CD/PC.

The other two would have only been possible via hacking, which is why I can see them as DLC.
    Why would these things be in the game to begin with, when they were never in the game to begin with??

7. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    You guys are silly. The only reason it has the s2 spindash is because Taxman made it and it's a complete remake. If any "lost content" that wasn't found by the community ends up in this, I will eat Ross' hat.

8. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    The Retro Sonic Nexus could be a DLC for Sonic CD, no?

9. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Read what you just posted. Does that really sound even remotely likely? This is a re-release of Sonic CD, built on Taxman's engine. Not OMGLETSRELEASEEVERYFANGAME

10. dsrb

dsrb

no

Edit: goddamit Mad

11. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    DLC isn't that terrible. Sometimes developers will come up with an idea later on, and knowing that, make it possible to add it down the road.
    As for "why would these things be in the game when they were never in the game to begin with?" well ok lets just cancel Sonic 2 HD and Sonic Megamix and every other game that adds on to the Sonic games somehow, why bother putting things in when they weren't in there to begin with right who the hell would ever think to do that and why.
    Its not like they already added Sonic 2 spindash which so totally was already in the original game.

12. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Consider me part of the problem if you want, but I'd be open to playable Tails and/or Knuckles as DLC. I know Retro Engine already supports them, more or less, so they couldn't be that difficult to add in.

I'm not so sure I'd pay money for the US soundtrack, though I'd imagine a good many people would.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I wouldn't mind paying for the US soundtrack add-on + a toggle soundtrack patch. but everything else sounds like it should be bonuses for completing achievements or something.

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    The question is if they care enough to make new animations that require it.

Also, we have a thread already. Keep it in there.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I was wondering, has it been confirmed that the Retro Engine has become an exclusive property of SEGA?

16. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    It's already been said multiple times that SEGA just has a license to the Retro engine.

17. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    [​IMG]

it's worth noting that the NTSC filter in Fusion at least isn't actually all that great. The water still flickers as you move. You're better off with the CVBS option, though that makes things even more blurry.

I don't think it's worth it. I think the better option is just to re-draw the water. Probably a good idea anyway because as you can see, it's not actually "reflecting" the stage.

18. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    What would be cool is making transparent things actually transparent. Obviously I have no idea what is possible with this engine, but it'd fix a few issues if it could be done.

19. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Sort of on topic, but does anyone have any scans of Diehard Gamefan volume 1 issue 11? I'm wanting scans of their Sonic CD review where they docked the game thirty points for the changed soundtrack.

20. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I surprised there's so little footage of this game after PAX.

I mean, there's just the Kotaku footage...

Doesn't really matter, I guess. It's the same game we've always been paying... just wondering about any possible changes is all.