don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    People made a big deal about eye color and whether or not he's called "Dr. Eggman" or "Dr. Robotnik".

Saying this doesn't matter is futile.

2. bolt7

bolt7

Looks wonderful. Ken seems like a pretty nice guy too. Just seeing it in those screen-shots in beautiful wide-screen with that lovely bit of artwork on the banner at the top is making me hyped for what is a 17 year old game. It's pretty much all down to price now for me.

Anyone here going to GAMEFest in Birmingham mid-september time? I know they're having Generations there, but I wonder if CD will make an appearance...

3. corneliab

corneliab

Yeah, and those people made complete fools out of themselves and helped in causing a moderation crackdown.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Posting this because Bartman's speaking with Ken somewhat corroborated with what was taken from Sega's forums, even if it's of dubious quality.

-Sonic CD is still ambiguous.
    -It's only being shamelessly plugged to Sonic 4 because of its underplayed nature compared to the four Genesis/Mega Drive titles. It was not directly anchored.
    -Once the refresher is over, Episode 2 will be allowed to continue as now its plot will have more anchoring and be fresh in the mind of modern Sonic fans.

tl;dr: Nothing's changed from the original reveal, only the additional bullet point that Sonic CD is important to Episode 2 in some form.

Can we all calm down now? Your precious classic isn't being shoehorned into odd time placements, since people care about that. It's more like a, "By the way, if you kinda want to understand what's going on in this book, you might want to read this other book."

5. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    They're just trying to establish Metal Sonic's origin for the kids, since Metal will be the villain in Sonic 4: Episode 2. That's it and that's all. Don't read further into it.

6. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Okay.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?377851-Sonic-CD-is-a-priequel-for-Sonic-4&p=6769491#post6769491

Here is it, straight from Ken Balough himself, I finally found the source of the quote I mentioned before, so you can regard everything I said again.

TLDR; Patrick was full of shit, Sonic CD hasn't changed spots in the canon.

So let's move on.

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    [​IMG]

Jesus Christ. You guys are ridiculous. No wonder we're a joke.

8. serpx

serpx

Apologize if this has been mentioned, which I'm sure it has, but I'll post it again incase it was missed. Gametrailers explains why Sonic CD won't be on the WiiWare.

"As a matter of fact, the only way in which the game is not set to release is as a WiiWare download, and that is because the game and its soundtrack exceeds Nintendo's storage limit, according to Joystiq. "

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I'm sure we all came to that conclusion.

I love the comments I've seen in websites that report this. People make such ridiculous comparisons without knowing what they're talking about.

10. I must have this artwork for a wallpaper! This is my favorite illustration (Sonic CD PC boxart) and I love the blue background and the SEGA logo all on it, can anyone get this and post it on retro?

[​IMG]

11. dsrb

dsrb

And then there was LOst. I mean, nothing personal, but take a horse tranquiliser or something. I bet a bunch of us think the detour thing is silly, but I doubt anyone bar you is entertaining any wild nightmares that they're going to edit CD to reference S4:EI, let alone going to pieces as you seem to be. CD will be released just as it was (porting-related goodies aside), and everyone can try their best to ignore a second round of daft trailers and storyline fumbling related to Sonic 4.

12. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    You'd probably need to rip that from the demo itself once it pops up wherever. Unless Sega decides they're going to release it.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It might become an end of trial picture for the XBLA version.

14. Flare

Flare

I'd be fine with Sonic 4 tie in, if Sonic 4 was a worth while sequel. I mean it's like having Mario take a detour between Mario 2 and 3, to do NSMB. Seems that this download title should have been a separate series of titles. But back onto CD... I do love that artwork, would love to see some high res of it.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's a downloadable game. There won't be a demo until the day it gets released.

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    No fucking lie, the reaction some people are having to them marketing Sonic 4 along with Sonic CD is flat out embarrassing. Beyond the worst comic book nerd sort of embarrassing. "In episode 504 when Itchy plays Scratchy's ribcage like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice but it clearly makes two distinct sounds. What are we supposed to believe this is some sort of magic cat?" levels of embarrassing.

If the fact that Sonic 4's ad campaign being extended to Sonic CD is enough to ruin the game for you, then you played the game for the wrong reasons, period. Grow up people.

17. MastaSys

MastaSys

Ahhhhh... Sonic Retro.
    When we aren't mad about PR bullshit, we're mad about being mad.

We're a joke, I'm a joke.

Everyone is a joke on something, if someone like something too much this what happens.

Chill-out and let's appreciate the show until our graves.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Anyways lets change the subject. Any gameplay videos yet?

19. MastaSys

MastaSys

Now that's a real shame, no one capable can upload something? I really want to see it on action, specially the special stage, pretty pretty please?

20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    I'm SO ANGRY AT THIS POST!!