don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Secret Bonus, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I hope they expand on the Super Emeralds, perhaps show why no on bothers with them anymore. I'd have thought Robotnik would have tried to harness that power. Unless they made the Super Emeralds something that happens every thousnd years.

2. hurrr durrrrrrrrrrrrrr

In my opinion, Sonic 4 was a step in the right direction, almost like a rough draft, Sega got a lot of things wrong and we gotta take our red pens and go over it and tell them what to fix.

Honestly, it shouldn't be that way, but at this point there is no right or wrong, it just simply is.

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Wow you're so wrong.

The reason why the higher-ups at Japan aren't doing anything is money. It's more profitable to release a semi-decent game as-is than to completely rework it to make a good game.

It's always about money. I'm surprised people haven't learnt this yet.

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Obviously, Episode 4 would introduce the SUPER-DUPER emeralds.

5. Clearly, Episode 4 will introduce the Hyper Emeralds, which allow Sonic to go Ultra Sonic. :rolleyes:

6. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    Now theres an interesting idea! :P

7. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Then in Sonic 5 the Ultra Emeralds are introduced allowing Sonic to go Supreme Sonic :specialed:

8. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Actually, DigitalDuck, it's a combination of those factors. While, yes, they didn't have a lot of money budgeted for Ep. 1, Japan isn't keen on the feedback they're receiving from SOA/SOE. Stubborn Japan believes that what they made is fine. Trust me on this one. (Also, is it really that surprising?)

So, hey, you're both right.

In my opinion though, on the budget they did have, what they made was still inexcusable.

9. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Perhaps something with the Time Stones might be done, though they did say they weren't doing a Sonic CD Remake.

+ - Or they could introduce the Supreme Emeralds thus allowing Sonic to go Ultimate Sonic  

10. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

This could work. I just hope that we're going to get some surprises in Episode 2.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Always did find it curious that the Japanese refuse to let go of development for a brand they themselves don't give a rats ass about.

Which makes me wonder how a European-made Sonic game would look like.

12. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Right! It's inexcusable because you don't need all the money in the world to make a good game. What you need is passion and a real love for what you're doing, which SOJ/Dimps obviously don't have.

Speaking of money though, instead of paying Ken and Ruby to lie to us, they could have put it towards getting Naka (or someone who knows what the fuck they're doing) back at any cost!

13. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    Awesome, I hope the price isn't as high as this, and the graphics and sound are improved.
    By the way, I have ideas of how the story should look like:

Episode 1 - Sonic is in a dream nightmare produced by eggman's machines, or else why would he be running in the old levels again? Its like a dream (Dreams Come True!)

Episode 2 - Sonic wakes up with metal sonic standing in front of his face, (hence the ending of Episode 1, duh) Sonic has to try and escape metal sonic from taking him back to the machine. Meanwhile, Tails is trying to rescue sonic untill the two meet up and go to destroy eggman!

Eggman's machine not only creates dreams, but steals dream energy, so with Sonic's dream energy he managed to create fake super emeralds and power up his machines.

Go Sonic! Find the Chaos emeralds and Transform them into Super Emeralds to defeat Eggman!

Episode 3 - Probably just to have Knuckles in the game, Eggman sends Metal Sonic to steal the Master Emerald, now Knuckles needs to look for the emerald and also for Sonic.

I have to say, this is probably going to be used by someone, because that's what always happenes. I think of an idea and its used by someone else without telling it. So maybe by telling it, I can claim the idea as mine.

14. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I'd just ask Sonic Team to make the game themselves this time. The credits list for Sonic 4 Ep1 was incredibly underwhelming for me because I was hoping that we'd get a 2D Sonic game that was made only by Sonic Team. I mean, when was the last time a 2D Sonic came out that was only made by Sonic Team? And I mean a serious candidate for a 2D Sonic game and not some mobile phone crap.

In fact I think the very last 2D Sonic game that Sonic Team made themselves was Sonic and Knuckles. I don't remember any other 2D Sonic game after that that only credits people from Sonic Team unless someone remembers something I don't.

I mean it's not like Sonic Team themselves are bad developers (Sonic Colors can prove this in some ways) it's just that they're doing 40925092750237530477643067 things at once and try to get it done in a year. I just wish they'd seriously take the time to do at SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 4 by themselves.

Granted, having Dimps do Sonic 4 would make no difference in this point of time. A lot of the key people besides Naka who were with the company during those days are long gone with only a handful left. So either way you go you're going to have something be a bit radically different from what you imagine to be the ideal 2D Sonic game for current gen consoles.

15. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    To my knowledge, didn't the Chaos Emeralds turn into the Super Emeralds in S&K...making the Super Emeralds the norm from that point on? Now for the made up excuse of Sonic no longer going "hyper".....The emeralds emitted an energy greater than normal while transforming into Super Emeralds thus creating Hyper Sonic for a short duration.

Now what I really don't understand is how Sonic loses the emeralds after every game now. There was an explanation for the 2nd occurance only at the beginning of Sonic 3.

An interesting twist would be if Metal Sonic tried to take the emeralds one at a time and the special stages served as a means to KEEP the emeralds versus trying to collect them from scratch. I feel that Episode 2 NEEDS an idea like this to stay fresh and original. Ever since Sonic 1 it's always been the same scheme to get a good ending/Super Sonic/Extra Boss Level......it's time for a freaking change.

16. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    So you want to have Super Sonic from the beginning?

Yea I don't think that's such a hot idea.

17. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Sonic'll drop them in the water cause Tails crashed his plane yet again. You'll see.

18. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    Wasn't there literally two different sets of Emeralds though according to the Sonic 3 manuals? Remember Knuckles saw his 7 Chaos Emeralds (aka Super Emeralds) disappear and I think there was an earth quake that occurred during their disappearance at Hidden Palace Zone. When Knuckles meets Dr. Eggman, he was tricked into thinking Sonic stole the Chaos (Super) Emeralds. Thats why he steals the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic in the beginning of the game.

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    They're going to be like Dragonballs and disperse every time they're used.

Super Sonic already set the precedent in Brawl.

20. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    Thats how I always thought it was with the Emeralds honestly. They spread across the globe again or go back into the Special Stages Zones. Sonic does have a lot of influence from DBZ anyways lol. The classic Sonic games manuals also made it seem like it was important for the Emeralds to be in these Special Stages and that South Island rotates or moves because of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.