don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Secret Bonus, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
  2. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    -not a Sonic CD remake

I'm still expecting a Stardust Speedway-like Zone with a race against Metal Sonic. :colbert:

3. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    I must resist the urge to hope Episode 2 turns out to actually be good and remember the past disappointments of the past 5 years as a clear reminder about why getting excited over Sonic games is a lethal trap.

But I hope Episode 2 has a demo. At least then I can know if it sucks beforehand.

4. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Take the PR from SOA with a grain of salt, guys. We've gone through this already.
    SOA realizes it, yes. SOJ doesn't.

5. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    As well as obvious things like physics, momentum, and some collision detection, what else I'm really curious about is how Metal Sonic will be implemented in Sonic 4 Episode II. Really eager to see that.

Hopefully not long after SEGA release Sonic 4 Episode I on Windows Phone 7, they'll be ripe and ready to blog some info' about Episode II. (Probably won't hear much about it from SEGA until at least a month from now, but hey, I can wish.)

6. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    On that note, does anyone know how the Japanese Sonic-fans reacted to Sonic 4? I imagine their words will hit a little closer to home, pun intended.

Did some searching, but I couldn't find a Famitsu review for Episode 1.

7. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

Sure, higher production values. Go.

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    This is why they keep shoving collections down our throats and recycled content.

The more alarming news is that they're starting development. I thought they were working on it already. Are they taking the Valve approach of releasing episodes? Christ, at this rate we'll have Mega Man 18 before Sonic 4 is done.

Sonic has Japanese fans?

9. I'm sure they were waiting and testing the waters to see how many times people would buy the same goddamned port of Episode I on different systems so that they can do the same thing for Episode II.

Why push out something new and have people hate it when they can just rerelease older games that people already know are mediocre?

10. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Finally. Sonic 4 will actually have a reason to keep the name.

But regardless of compilation after compilation which I haven't been victim of (with the exception of Mega and Gems Collections to which I can say I've never owned S&K and Sonic CD), I still expect a ridiculous expansion upon the Stardust speedway race similar to how they upped the ante of the Sonic 2 Final Boss for the end of Episode I. What most fascinating about this is this is Metal Sonic's debut within the "original" series of games (treating CD as a parallel reality that doesn't cross into Sonic 1, 2, 3K, and 4).

11. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Negative. Straight from AAUK (SEGA Europe community manager), CD is counted as (main series) canon by the devs. After all, it was referenced in Adventure 1.

12. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Fewer, but yes. They seem to have similar mixed opinions to Western fans.

13. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    It's pretty much a given by now that Tails is in Episode 2. That "berlin" hint that Sega dropped on groundhog day is enough to convince me. (Berlin was a poet who wrote about a hedgehog and a fox.)

14. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Mmmmm-hmmmm. :rolleyes: We've heard this one before -- right when that extra dev time on Episode I began.

Past history with Episode I's banter has taught me that actions speak louder than words, so I'll believe the gameplay's been fixed when I see the gameplay's been fixed.

15. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga

I know I shouldn't get excited so early but I have to say Sonic 4 Episode 2 sounds promising. The fact that Sega is realizing and taking notice to the various complaints about Episode 1 and that they could've handled things better is a good start. I'm looking forward to these new zones with elements I haven't seen before, I'm going to hold you to that Sega. My biggest disappointments with Sonic 4 Episode 1 wasn't so much the physics but rather it was basically a Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 remake. If I felt like playing those zones and bosses again I would've just played the originals, seriously I know the ball and chain is like a iconic boss fight between Sonic and Eggman but I am seriously getting really sick of that boss fight.

I want some original new zones and bosses and badniks too. I'm hoping Tails is in Episode 2, it'd be nice to see Tails following Sonic again like in the old days. I think I'm the only one who is sad to not see a Sonic CD remake >.> that is my favorite Sonic game after all. Definitely not for Sonic 4 but it'd be a neat idea if they did attempt at remaking the old zones from CD and the Genesis games into nicer graphics 2.5D. I'm hoping thats whats going to be in Sonic Anniversary.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    You have my ultimatum, Sega.

Western Desert level. Cactus Spikey robot.

I am not stressing this because that was my badnik entry. Not in the least. :colbert: But seriously, robot vultures.

17. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    Lol that sounds awesome, I totally want to see that. Bring it Sega!

18. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    And it needs to be called Dust Hill Zone. That would be beyond awesome. Anyways, I'll be following this episode as much as the last one, but I'll be a bit more reserved. I'll want to see some concrete changes, or a demo, before I get too excited.

19. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'm extremely curious to learn what these "level elements that have never been seen before" are.

20. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    "- SOA and SOE are both giving feedback and input on Episode 2"

The important thing however is that SOJ pays attention to what those 2 have to say. :colbert:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.