don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Yeah, there should've been more uses of 3D than a few quick-step/drift/grind rail segments. Like that secret side-area in Sweet Mountain Act-Whatever where you find that Laser rod that sends you through all those Egg pawns before you get on the big loop.

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    The 3D sections are weird. They feel more like they're just fancy long transitions to the 2D sections, or a racing game (which I'm ok with :v: ).

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I liked Asteroid Coaster, but I was very dissapointed by Terminal Velocity. I expected much more than just running away from a bunch of enemies you encountered earlier in the game.

4. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Yup, that's what they are. I especially liked it in Act 1 of Starlight Carnival. That was fucking beautiful.

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Re: Asteroid Coaster's difficulty:

Remember that once you unlock it, it's part of a 3 zone unlock, meaning you can play it at any time. For me, the last zone was actually Aquarium Park. As such, Planet Wisp, Aquarium Park, and Asteroid Coaster overall have equal difficulty.

6. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Yeah, that's true, but the game was clearly designed to flow that way more or less.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Mad Gear is clearly harder than Splash Hill but becomes available to the player at the same time.

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    The difference between Sonic 4 and Colors is that as Aquaslash said, the levels are deliberately designed that way. Sonic 4s aren't. Why DIMPS even has that menu option I don't know.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I don't agree with him though. Colours is an easy game, but there's a pretty clear difficulty slope between the stages.

10. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    "Yeah, that's true, but the game was clearly designed to flow that way more or less." <-This, aaaaand...

...it's the evil looking mechanical level with the menacing guitar music in space! That's supposed to be the hard level. It's easy as hell and short as hell. Starlight Carnival was harder than Asteroid Coaster.

11. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    It's evil-looking, but not quite as mechanical-looking from the outside.

Hey, am I the only one who finds the Block wisp's musical jig really groovy in a techno sort of way? It's certainly much catchier than, well, any other of the Wisps' tunes except for maybe the Hover wisp's spacey tune.

12. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

13. Nix

Nix

"Watch out! It's that one guy!" Member
    So Asteroid Coaster was much less painful than I imagined despite getting 1 or 2 game overs. Aquarium Park was a lot worse. Boost jumping instead of hovering like normal is not something I'd think of normally when it comes to platforming.

Game Land's levels suck. I keep dying due to the score being put in the most dickish of places: in the middle of the fucking screen. I can't see a thing while in 3-D due to the score blocking my view of everything. :argh: Easily the worst part about the game.

Still having fun S-Ranking everything else though.

14. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I get a huge Vectorman vibe, myself.

15. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Aw man, I fucking dig it. Same with Core Boss theme, it's so groovy!

16. Doesn't that kinda throw the cutscenes out of order, since Asteroid Coaster's post-boss cutscene is the end of the game? (not counting Terminal Velocity).

17. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    I'm pretty sure ... hey, wait, you're right. Unless they have a duplicate cutscene where Eggman harvests the Hyper go-on energy on Aquarium Park instead of Asteroid Coaster.

18. Spatula

Spatula

too cool for old school Member
    Well there's some progress with this game. It doesn't look like my cup of tea, but at least it has good visuals, good gameplay ideas, and none of the cutscenes are embarrassing. It also doesn't claim to be something that it isn't, so I'm more inclined to accept it for what it is.

A few things that would make it better:
    -levels that don't autoplay themselves. This game clearly IS hold right to win in too many areas. The 3D sections need more choice in terms of alternate branching pathways. Sounds like they could ramp the difficulty up a bit more.
    -2D and 3D sections should be separate, mutually exclusive levels. The camera should not switch between the two in one level, it should all be either one or the other.
    -The DS version is an utterly different game and it should have been called something different to reflect that.

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The levels don't autoplay themselves though.

lolwut? Guess you hated the Daytime stages in Unleashed too?

How DARE Sega made a handheld version of a game different than it's console version (See: Sonic 1 & 2 for GameGear)!

Anyway...

The Sweet Mouantain musics heavily remind me of Space Channel 5 music.

20. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I finally found my DS and played this for the first time tonight and holy fucking shit I'm in love. <3 No doubt about it, I love this way better than Sonic 4. I love the special stages, though I'm stuck on the second one. :v: The music is awesome too. :3