don't click here

SADX/SA1 Hacking/Modding

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MainMemory, Aug 15, 2009.

1. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    SADXLVL has a new editor: CAMedit
    [​IMG]
    It's pretty basic right now, no mouse support in the main window. You'll want to look at Dude's tutorial (replace 3ds max and hex workshop with SADXLVL and CAMedit). The camera format isn't very well understood, but maybe this can help. Right now, it shows the cameras as transparent magenta boxes, and cyan and yellow spheres for the two points with the selected camera.

2. Thanks. I've tested OBJ_EC00.PVM several times. Texture edit, and mipmap generation works, but mipmaps must be VQ-like(or else game will crash), which means, for example, 32KB texture without mipmaps -> 8KB texture with mipmaps, so we have a visible quality hit. I'm not really sure, which of VQ algorythms is the best, but I can see, that VQ3 sucks.
    All previous "regular" PVMs worked with "Twiddled+Mipmap" PVRs, and I have no idea, why game doesn't allow such format for these PVMs.

3. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    EDIT: Nevermind, solved the problem myself.

4. MasterMind

MasterMind

Reading up on SADX hacking.
    I need a little help here. Well I was learning how to import custom models into SADX, but whenever I finish it, (importing the .nj, making the .pvm, and killing the morph targets in the EXE), I load up the EXE with killed morph target and whenever the character selection screen comes up, it crashes. Any idea why? I tried re-importing the .nj, making another .nj, and I even tried importing it as .obj ( I used SADXMDL), and still nothing. Just crash after crash.

5. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    If you're using the EU EXE, you'll have to add 50 hex to the addresses for the morph codes. You can tell if the bytes in your file match the ones in the text file.
    If you added or removed textures from the PVM (not just changed the ones that are there) you'll have to use SADXTweaker to change the texture count in the EXE to match.
    Sonic's toes (normal and light shoes) can't be edited.

6. MasterMind

MasterMind

I'm not quite sure what version EXE I'm using, my friend killed them for me. I didn't remove or add any items to the PVM, just changed stx_ha, And the first two ones. (their names confuse me.) Also, I only changed the head.

7. Make sure that you have it scaled the the correct size, the game won't load a really large object. If that doesn't work, try welding the vertexes.

8. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    I've been able to edit the Light Speed toes, but editing the normal toes always break the game for me.

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Oh. I didn't actually try that, I just assumed I guess.

10. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Are you sure? I just tried, and it crashed.

11. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    I ported the DC LightSpeed shoes, and they worked fine. I never tried any other now that I think about it though.

12. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Well despite the shoe issue, I was able to do this:
    [​IMG]

I only had to import Amy's head, eyelashes and headband combined, everything else was changing the attach pointers, which I just added to SADXMDL and uploaded now.

13. MasterMind

MasterMind

So I came up with two theories on why my import keeps crashing:

1.The model has some weird type of transparency.

2:The face and head are in two separate .obj's, but when exported are in one .obj.

14. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    Haha that looks fun, would love to try Amy out using Sonic's abilities =]

15. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Minor update to the trainer:
    [​IMG]

The "Fix Window" button resizes the window to match the resolution that you have chosen for SADX to run at.

16. That is awesome. It always stretched it to some strange resolution for me when windowed. Also do you think you can add the ability to choose the name of your exe file, so it doesn't have to be called sonic.exe?

17. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    [​IMG]
    SADX: Tiny Edition

All of the playable characters have been shrunk to half size and had their physics data adjusted accordingly.

18. FraGag

FraGag

Tech Member
    And twice the shininess :v:

BTW, don't put the download link on the image, I wouldn't have found it if I didn't click it by accident. Put a separate link named Download.

19. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    SADXLVL v5.71 and SADXMDL v1.84 have both been updated with improved .nj export (removes padding, allows for models to be out of the normal order) and obj/nj importing which allows for models to be out of the normal order.

SADXLVL also has a better error message for nodetable import.

Also, I've set up an Atom feed for SADXLVL here.

20. OK, now I can say, that SADX MIP pack is finished: patch V1.00
    Changes since the previous version:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]