don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Patback

Patback

I messed with my options abit and while the emulator still isnt running the game at full speed it's at a constant playable 30 fps now....and I'm enjoying it more.

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Oh ok, that makes sense then. Has there been any footage of Super Sonic in levels yet?

3. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
  4. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    21. 7 zones, 3 acts per zone.

5. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    How did you get it working at all? Mine hangs either right after the SEGA screen or right after the little wisp loading thing, depending on whether I'm using OpenGL or DX9.

6. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    This game. I am so glad I preordered this game. Not just for the hat now. The music THE MUSIC has made me so much more excited for this. I know there's streams but not watching them, since I'm not spoiling anything.

7. Patback

Patback

I'm using the DX11 plugin

8. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I was going to say, this game doesn't really like Dolphin too much in the speed department. But basically if you want to use the DX9 plugin, you need to activate the Twilight Princess Bloom projection hack to get some graphics overlay to display (don't activate the Black Knight projection hack, because while it has the same effect on the game as the Twilight Princess Bloom projection hack, it slows down the game even more for some reason). While other plugins can do this without the hack, DX9 is supposedly much faster. You can activate this hack by right clicking the game in the Game List and going to properties. There's a drop down box below for the projection hacks.

There's only one weird graphic problem that doesn't really bother me too much, but no matter what I tried I could not get it to go away. It's the little thin square box that often hangs around Sonic.

But besides this, the game looks great. But the speed is a little unbearable at times. I can never get it to be constantly 30fps, but it's kinda obvious why in some areas (since there's heavy graphic load).

9. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I just beat Starlight Carnival Zone

jesus FUCK, the rest of the game has a tough act to follow, because those were, hands down, the prettiest graphics I've EVER seen on the Wii. And yes, I've played Mario Galaxy 2. That zone blows the fuck out of MG2.

Insane graphics. I know it's hyperbole to say "it looked like the 360" but it really did. It looked like the 360 in fucking SD.

Insane.

10. glem3

glem3

I don't know if you're joking, but warning people that they're going to die at a cheap section doesn't make it less cheap. Not having a cheap bottomless pit in the first place would make it less cheap.

11. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I was on /v/ the other night and said this would be the game. They didn't believe me. They made the claim of low review scores, just another part of the Cycle, going to be terrible, etc. I can only imagine the look on their faces right now. It feels so, so good.

12. My only complaint with the music so far is, "They seriously couldn't have gotten a better band to do the main and ending themes? Really?"

13. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    The final stage is the most epic final stage in Sonic history.

14. Dammit, you guys are forcing me to avoid this thread for another week or so.

15. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    I was messing with the options, and does anyone notice there is a stage after the Sonic Simulator? The final boss is there, it contains leaderboards for all the stages, the finale stage, and then the seven Sonic simulator stages but then there's a ??? world... huh. Wonder what that is?

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/78062661#q78062661
    Here you go. there ripping on eachother since the game is too damned good to be complained about its like a worm eating its own tail. Sweet bliss...

17. Could that be what the stg710/720/730 sound files are for?

18. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    Oh you're making me so much more excited. :c I'm so curious yet.. I don't want to know yet... argh

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I'd like to know what the holy hell is "97- bgm stg730 elv wav_aax" it sounds like someone eating!

20. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I leave for college and this happens.

Thanks for the music, PJ.

The soundtrack is amazing. Unleashed was cool, but this one is even better as it's not as restricted by region theme.

This is perfect Eggman. Cruel, but funny and dowright insane nevertheless.

I can't watch the stream. I want everything to be new and amazing and surprising (besides super).