don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    Except Sonic did it BEFORE Mario Galaxy in Sonic and the Secret Rings.

OOPS.

2. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Among other things, and that's only been said four times already.

3. glem3

glem3

It's been said four times and by me myself. I misread it, okay? Is it that big a deal? I'll just assume you're behind and haven't gotten to the part where I realize my mistake.

So anyway, back to the chaos emerald thing... I really doubt there are special stages, because you'd think they'd pop up by now. I'm guessing at the end of each level there's an emerald or something. Maybe there aren't any emeralds... did we get confirmation on the involvement of the emeralds in the wii version?

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    ... I was referring to Cooljerk's repetition of what has already been said. Please don't snap at me.

EDIT: This post was trash anyway.

5. glem3

glem3

I was talking to cooljerk, not you. Sorry, I really should have said that.

Now I have to say something relevant to the game so this post isn't worthless... what do you think the final level will be? And what's that... prehistoric looking level?

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    The final level will be the giant dinosaur that lives under the park and overthrows Robotnik at the last minute, thus keeping in with every single 3D Sonic game since Adventure.

7. glem3

glem3

Final boss is a giant robot, this has pretty much already been established. At least, sonic learns the "consequences" of destroying a big robot.

AKA (what I think happens): Sonic destroys robot, robot flies into space, robotnik is like "shit, that was my robot to kill sonic", builds theme park in space to lure sonic and kill him with robot, wants to use power of wisps to power robot, robot goes batshit crazy at the end, sonic fights it in space as supersonic.

8. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Super Mario Galaxy has loop-da-loops.

Just saying...

Yes. It has been brought up in the 10 first pages of this very thread, so I can confirm this is what's going to happen.

Also, about the whole race deal in the normal levels. You CAN race your opponents in EVERY level... in the DS version, at least... so Dusk Golem statement remains correct, since he didn't say what platform he was talking about. :v:

9. Mainman

Mainman

Dancing to some sort of Apocalyptic Rave Member
    Scotland
    'Sonic the Comic' research & documentation
    I wanted to put on my Wild Mass Guessing hat and shout "There's a possibility that this game's plot might not include the Chaos Emeralds!", but + - leaked footage of the DS demos more-or-less confirms their inclusion in both versions. I'd LIKE to see the Wii version go in a slightly different direction (Freeing the 'Leader' of each type of Wisp, possibly?), but either way I don't think they'll capitalize on the idea of Special Stages or Super Sonic being playable in a normal level, as people have been speculating in the last few pages.  

10. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    So, wait, we should expect Emeralds in the Wii game?

Hm. Wasn't in said in some preview or interview that the co-op stages had some sort of tie-in to the main storyline, other than the implicit testing of hostile Robotnik-approved Sonic-bots? That would neatly explain something about the Emerald icons in the co-op mode, but hey, it could just be there for dicking around... hey wait a minute ...

[​IMG]

Possible? Yeah, I know it's the Master Emerald. More or less the same deal with the Chaos Emeralds.

11. I doubt they would make them those colors and shapes for no reason. I'm thinking the co-op levels act as special stages.

[​IMG]

12. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I hope so. I would love to play as Super Sonic again during the main levels.

As an aside, anyone else getting serious Space Invader arcade cabinet vibes from that screen?

13. YESSSS. Make it happen! PLEASE!

14. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Yeah. If Colours ends up having a pre-finale epic showdown between Sonic and two Super Sonic-bots, I think I'll jizz in my pants right there.

15. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Honestly, I doubt Mecha or Metal Sonic will be in Colors. Maybe the Sonic Robots will be able to turn Super, but I'd hope that normal Sonic would be able to as well, or I'd be disappointed.

Also, I do hope the QTEs get slightly harder than mashing A. I think the Unleashed 360 ones were too hard later on in the game, but from what I've seen, the Unleashed Wii ones were much easier and shorter, but still harder than mashing a single button.

16. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Sonic Unleashed was also on a far more powerful system where using in-game assets in cutscenes almost looked like CG anyway.

It's possible that:

#1. Sonic has a special, high-detail model specifically for cutscenes.
    #2. Like Sonic Unleashed on the Wii, this is actually pre-rendered FMV using game-quality assets

But I have a hard time believing that's the model they use for gameplay. Because either 80% of their polygon budget is being used just to render Sonic or they're wizards at hiding blocky edges.

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  18. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    That image above is great, very slick for 480p

Its not that far fetched for Sonic to have an awsome model ingame, Sonic team are just pulling a "team ninja", the characters in Dead or Alive havent gotten much smoother looking since the PS2 days. and unlike a whole cast of fighters, they only need to well model less than 5 characters.

19. glem3

glem3

WTF is this?

[​IMG]

20. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Probably the act select within the level select