don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Used to do things. No one quite recalls what. Member
    UK
    Hinchy: Lol. That is WIN.

I'd love to clarify this concisely with some statment for you SOTI but I can't sadly, I've already made myself far too visible to everyone over here since Sunday so I'm not gonna make any comment/educated guesswork on that! Lol.

Incidentally if anyone still thinks I'd told TSS, all I can say is you'd've thought they'd've had a fully formatted story to go live with, its a bit of a mess atm! ;)

2. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    I agree, but if the new voices cost more than the old, maybe, maybe, SEGA is willing to invest more money in Sonic, so: better writers, better programmers, better artists, so on.

I know there is no chance, but who knows. After all, Colours is written by the autors of Madworld.

3. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    btw to all who say "new voice actors? bleh. it won't be good without a good script", I remind you that the people who wrote MADWORLD are writing this. MadWorld is one of the most well-written video games in recent memory. In fact, looking at it that way, ten bucks that the MadWorld writing team coming in and these new voice actors aren't a coincidence.

4. Dreadknux

Dreadknux

Oldbie
    :P I started writing the thing, and then another writer goes and hits publish on an unfinished draft he wrote the night before. <_<

Trying to fix it, but the site's getting hammered, lol!

5. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    It's a Sonic game, who cares how well written it is or how good the voice acting is? This isn't franchise changing in the slightest.

6. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    THIS is far more relevant to my interests and may be enough to get off my duff to make a post.

7. Dreadknux

Dreadknux

Oldbie
    Anyway, I certainly didn't expect Roger Craig Smith. That's quite a catch. Wonder how he'll sound like as Sonic?

Ha, I remember when a lot of people were calling it for the Alton Towers guy. Can you imagine..? o_o

8. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Here's some footage of Sonic's OVA:

9. Flare

Flare

It may not be franchise-changing, but at least it clears up so much moaning over bad voice acting. Personally being an actor myself, its about bloody time, music, graphics and gameplay make a game. Sonic's gameplay is being fixed - even if it slowly, the graphics aren't ever THAT bad, and the music si great. Its about time the voices got some sort of attention.

(BTW, I know off topic but just noticed NTom64 reading this and well a big fan of his)

But back on topic, yeah not oh my god, things will never be the same, but good news is better than none.

10. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    'Great franchise news'. I thought SEGA would sell Sonic to Nintendo or sth. :v:
    ...wait wait. Changing voiceactors? Is that it? YAAAAAAWWWWWNNN.....

It doesn't matter if his holyness the pope Benedictus XVI VAs Sonic or George Bush on helium, he will continue to get the shitty games.
    It is good they kept Mike Pollock though, I was always a big fan of his Robotnik voice.

11. So we don't get another stinker like Sonic 2006?

12. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    no of course not. never said it was. I just said that I don't think people should discount the voice acting on the terms of bad writing yet, because of MadWorld. yeah it doesn't matter too much, but I do admit I am looking forward to having an entire new dialogue team and see how they do.

13. Really hard to say anything based on reading some text, and I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon here, but this is hardly franchise changing news. All I can say is that I hope the voices are at least as good as the games, and the games are better than they've been.

14. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I don't doubt her talent, but will Tails sound cute? I think this is one of his biggest problems. And Amy's.

It's just like Sonic's new VA. Definetly an A-grade there, but his voice is a little deep and mature usually. Deidara's voice is not as deep, I remember Vyse's was young however. Is it something along Vyse's voice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSZmjgafqoA#t=08m40s

15. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I think I may actually miss Griffith. Holy shit, this is wierd. I had just got used to him.

Oh well, can't wait to see the new guy, anyway.

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well I'm glad mike is kept I'm sorry but no one in this entire universe living can be a better Dr. eggman then Mike Pollock. SEGA, never EVER replace him.

As for the rest:

~I'm sad to see jason go after he just perfected sonic's voice at last and finally seemed like he was getting into the part as sonic. Oddly, I'm not fanboy raging like I was the first time this happened maybe because we did get fair warning this time and it doesn't seem like SEGA is pulling the rug underneath us and loling about it. Goodbye jason, didn't like you at first but you grew on me you were a good sonic in the end.

~Tails....FUCK YES. sorry but Amy Palant's version never seemed to change since the first episode of sonic X on its always been the same pitch and tone she never improved not like how jason did. I welcome Kate Higgins and I hope to hear from her soon.

AAUK, what I want to know is, Are the new VAs going to be well trained for their new roles or are they going to start winging it like how they did with the previous VAs? I remember in an interview with Mike Pollock that all the "training" they got for their roles was to listen to a voice clip of the previous voice actor and try to mimic it. Hopefully jason can show roger a few tips to getting down a perfect sonic voice. I also want to know what compelled SEGA to change the VAs now and if the old VAs were given notice? Does this mean now that the VAs are changed that this officially confirms Sonic X is dead?

Soo many questions but all can wait.

17. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Yeah because Sonic '06 was bad for the story and voice acting and not because it was a shitty poorly programed buggy piece of shit

18. Flare

Flare

Well it certainly didn't help it either.

19. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    Good news all around! And not as disappointing as I thought it would be! I'm excited that a talented voice actor is being brought onto the role of Sonic for once – though I'm sure we'll all miss "You're too slow" in that annoying nasally voice, won't we?

Oh I just pray the new Tails voice isn't f*cking annoying. He's an 8 year old boy not a 10 year old girl, give the character some dignity, please.

20. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.