don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Looks like 4Kids' reign of voice acting is over. I doubt they're keeping anyone else from the old cast aside from Mike Pollock, the only decent VA they had.

Now, let's welcome the Naruto reign. *hit with a million bricks*

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    My mind, it is blown, now whats on TV?

Anyone got any nice soundbites of them, so we can moan about them?

3. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    This is in no way franchise changing. What would have been franchise changing is if Sega finally announced they were going to stop treating Sonic like a cash cow and would actually focus on making a high quality product instead of a high profit product. Somebody get back to me when that news gets announced.

4. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Franchise-changing indeed. Any exciting PR news from Sega is just another step towards disappointment.

Not saying I was disappointed, by the way. Get back to me when they decide to remove all characters from 1999 and beyond and reintroduce Mighty and Fang.

Edit: And also stop catering to little kids with ADD and focus on appealing to a universal audience.

5. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Here's a video of Roger Craig Smith's work on a few things.

6. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    Oh, that's cool then. I can't wait to hear these new ones in action, and when the others are confirmed.

...But aren't these still 4Kids VAs..? I don't know though. I liked a few of the voices. I hope the new ones will be able to be something to get used to.

I sure hope Rouge doesn't have an old lady voice anymore..

7. ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Used to do things. No one quite recalls what. Member
    UK
    Well it certainly has an impact, I did point out early on that I had actually said it really overdramatically and it certainly wasn't intended to be an announcement of an announcement (apologies for that) but people kind of ignored that. Oh well(!)

I'm VERY pleased to have Kate, as I said. I did point out here at length the neccessity to really nail a great voice for Tails, to the point I might've annoyed a few people. *ahem* Oh well, for the greater good!!

8. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member

Oh my god, Chris Redfied talking about the death of princess Diana

9. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    So, looks like Griffith decided to pack up and let someone else wear the red sneakers of speed. It kind of saddens me, really. I really like Griffith, and he was doing so well recently. Seeing him leave...well, I guess it was bound to happen. Good luck out there Jason A. Griffith, won't be forgotten.

It is kind of funny that now we have actors from Naruto (with the exception of Mike) doing this, but I like Naruto, so I guess it's okay. I won't deny I'm a little worried about Tails voice. So far, it seems like she's done only voices for females. Well, either way, we'll see what happens. Since Tails is a young character, I would expect his voice to be a bit high pitched.

So...just to be totally sure, these actors are going to be voice acting for Colors, or they won't appear until later?

10. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Hey AAUK, can you say anything regarding 4Kids' involvement now? Are they returning to providing recording facilities like they did before the Sonic X cast took over, or are they completely gone and SEGA are just using Mike Pollock externally?

I've updated a few pages on the wiki, now all we need is somebody to create new ones for the new VAs. =P

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well fair enough. And I'm really interested to hear her speak as Tails. There hasn't been a good Tails actor since AoSTH

12. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.

They're in Colors.

13. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    Ha, I love the part where Idate (Craig's character) flirts with Sakura (Kate's character) in the Naruto clip.

14. Aren't most of the new actors union actors? If so, that alone should rule out that possibility.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Another thing, AAUK, do you have any idea when we'll be able to here some clips of these new VAs? Cause, we've already heard Eggman's new line in Colours...

16. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Despite rumours of the contrary, I actually have to do things IRL and can't sit around on a PC all day.

That being said, this is such a non-issue, especially to this site's demographics, I don't even see a reason for MAKING a post. If someone else wants to, fine by me, but I think part of owning a site called "Retro" is not particularly caring about voice acting either way.

17. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    oh wow, franchise changing news.

oh wait, the voice acting in sonic games can't help the awful dialogue. PASS.

18. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    [​IMG]

19. Relick

Relick

England
    C++/DX10 Engine (not sonic related)
    Sorry I meant it wasn't on the front page of Blognik at the time of my post. Oops.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I guess you don't know that Sonic Colors is being written by the writers of Madworld.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.