Things in Sonic Games you misinterpreted when you were younger...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ollie, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TailsAddict

TailsAddict

BANNED Oldbie
    I used to think Tails was a boy. Now I know that shes really a girl

2. RCC2k10

RCC2k10

Well, it is a misinterpretation not only because it isn't a bird, but because you can destruct it by hitting him from behind with a spin dash.

Wait, it isn't poison?

3. Bostwick

Bostwick

4. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    He's probably just making fun of the fact Tails' current voice actor makes him sound like a girl... Or at least I hope he's joking. >_>

5. RCC2k10

RCC2k10

The sad thing is, I remember watching the AoSH cartoons dubbed to Spanish and they actually portrayed Tails as a little girl. It was such an outrage.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    ANYONE who's an Oldbie in this community knows that Tails is a girl. And that she eats the Master Emerald. =P

7. Ink

Ink

Homicidal Echidna Oldbie

8. SilverstepP

SilverstepP

Now with twice the sprites. Member
    North Carolina
    STILL trying to get these damn spam bots off the Open Sonic forum.
    In the instruction book for Sonic 2, it said that 'Robotnik flooded the factory with a pool of toxic liquid called 'Mega Mack' that poisons Sonic in a few moments' under Chemical Plant's section. I don't know if it was ACTUALLY poisonous in the game though (as in losing rings slowly as you were underwater...)

I got in such a fight with this kid when I was younger who was TOTALLY CONVINCED Tails was a girl in Sonic Advance 3...

What really stinks is that in nearly every game's voiceovers of him, even if it had different actors, he STILL sounded like a girl.

EDIT: I just checked Chemical Plant. The water's not poisonous, it's just like any other water. I hopped around in it a bit, and nothing bad happens except drowning.

9. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I'm not an oldbie and I know that. Gosh, no wonder sometimes people think I'm an oldbie...

EDIT: and that Tails protected the Master Emerald in Sonic 2's Hidden Palace =P </falsetheory>

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Didn't he just have the voice of Ralph Wiggum? I don't remember him ever being addressed as a girl in that translation.

11. dsrb

dsrb

I recall a previous discussion about what Robotnik drops on Sonic: whether it's Mega Mack or the blue stuff from the weird pipes. But who cares, as long as 'duck and cover' works? :v:

12. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Can't duck and cover in the iphone version, or the xbla version if I am thinking correctly.

I raised the question before but no one knew the answer, somewhere at some point of time that duck immunity was fixed.

13. aaronlong

aaronlong

cartoon guy Member
    Toronto, Canada
    Mostly non-Sonic-related, but I make cartoons.
    I never thought it was a bug to be fixed, it seemed like an intentional thing. Somebody described it as "Sonic's quills protecting him", which makes sense since he's a hedgehog, and that's why hedgehogs roll into balls in the first place.

14. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Yes, but I seriously doubt curling into a ball will protect you from chemicals dropped on you. Also:

That means I can hug Sonic all I want.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Except it makes no sense as that protection doesn't exist anywhere else.

16. aaronlong

aaronlong

cartoon guy Member
    Toronto, Canada
    Mostly non-Sonic-related, but I make cartoons.
    Hmm.. Those are both good points. I saw it as "that doesn't exist elsewhere, so it's probably not a glitch or else it would happen other places too," but I'm probably wrong. I don't know anything about programming. It is pretty odd, glitch or not.

17. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    It's probably somehow hitting the ground and becoming harmless before it collides with Sonic. Since Sonic's hitbox is shorter when he ducks, there might be a small window when the quickly falling slime "goes past" Sonic and then tests collision with the level before Sonic tests collision with it.

18. dsrb

dsrb

Didn't at least one of the manuals imply that spinning protected Sonic from all enemy attacks (I.e. including bullets)? Obviously it just meant collision attacks—but Sega, I was disappoint.

19. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    I didn't know about CPZ duck-n-cover until about 2005, but when I finally found it I assumed it must be intentional because the CPZ boss is so damn hard without it.

20. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    What? I usually can beat it before it even gets a chance to throw the liquid for the first time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.