don't click here

Sonic Free Riders

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Tiranno, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Apparently it's a downloadable title.

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I actually have fun with the riders games, they have their multiple flaws but can be a good game once you learn the best ways to play them, the change to charging up jumps in the sequel was annoying at first but it just makes it behave like a different game then a sequel with new tracks.

the sega free riders website isn't loading for me, interested to see how it looks and plays.

*edit* game looks modern to me, next-gen in that budget sega looking way :P it would be a lot nicer if that road texture didn't look like it came directly from the dreamcast sega rally 2 port.

Wave your arms to the side to steer, gotta make FULL USE of that $150 camera sega.

3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Which means one thing: PartnerNET

Looks like SEGA didn't understand fully what happened when Sonic 4 was put up on there, the same will probably happen for Sonic Free Riders, although with less reactions than S4.

As for previous games, I liked the original Sonic Riders but hated Zero Gravity. Damn controls.

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Not to mention nobody will be able to play it since they don't have a Kinect.

5. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Which in this case means Free Riders gets a free ride. (Heh, see what I did there? Free Riders? Free ride? ...Is this thing on?)

6. Deathbyteacup

Deathbyteacup

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons. Member
    So, is it not playable with a traditional controller too?

I don't know why they don't do an All-Stars title for Kinect, that would have all sorts of cool opportunities.

7. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
  8. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Maybe because they've already done once before.

9. Leaked gameplay footage:

10. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Not really leaked if it was being demoed >_>

Pros:
    Updated HUD
    New interactive sections like swimming
    Attacks with level ups is back

Cons:
    ZG trick system (BOO CHARGE JUMPS)
    E-10000G - I wanted to be rid of the stupid clones
    It's on kinect

I wanna get it, but I hope Kinect isn't too expensive

11. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

Dude, he points and clicks with his bare hands. That guy must be GOD or something! :v:

It looks cool. Kinect's probably out of my price range, though'.

12. serpx

serpx

I've always hated Sonic Riders, but that honestly does look really fun! I'm interested in some impressions.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    As I said on DTOID:

"Pass."

Not that I mind getting off my duff once in a while, but for Sonic Riders? Not feeling it.

14. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    That does look like fun, just not something I'd buy. I'd play a tech demo of it happily, however.

15. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Crappy racing game meets crappy peripheral. Sounds about right!

16. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    The swimming section is similar to those auto-piloted sections (where console players abuse their control sticks while PC players simply press both left and right at the same time—yeah that old trick) in Riders. Also why would you expect them to use Riders' trick system, just because you think most people are very good at break-dancing or what?

PS: Or I guess ROFLing might do as well, literally.

17. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Honestly, it looks fun.
    But...The Kinect is kind of out of my price range right now, and I already have plans to bomb my money on the 3DS upon release, if I get the money by then (I know there's a huge gap between releases, but...I dunno. I'll give it some thought). If any of the other games show some promise though in my eyes, I might consider maybe getting it early, but even here, I have my doubts.

...Though I got to say, the flailing to swim, really, what the hell? XD
    Well, it's not as bad as dancing the Level 3 Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (seriously, I felt so embarrassed dancing like that...ugh...)

(...But, would I do it again? You bet your ass I will...XD)

18. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Sega, if you're reading this, please tell the development team behind the game to include traditional gamepad controls as an option.

I might like to play this, but not for $150+. And it certainly doesn't look like there's anything gameplay-wise going on that cannot be substituted with traditional Sonic Riders controls.

19. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

They probably won't. The entire purpose of releasing games for Kinect is to sell the Kinect. Then again, they may surprise me.

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I think I'll sleep at night quite comfortably if this stays trapped on 360. We got more than enough Sonic on the way... almost a bit too much.

And people say Mega Man is bad with the new game flood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.