don't click here

Sonic 3C(ustomizable)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Hayate, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Okay, do you want it in the mock-Sonic 3 style on the far right or the original CD style?

No I saw 'em too. Though maybe crazy minds just think alike. :specialed:

2. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    That's up to you. I don't really care since I'll be playing with the modern Amy. :v:

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I suggest the Sonic 3 style to fit in with the game. Though you're going to need to change your palette a whole bunch.

Basically you have 3 pinks and one green to work with, but at least you get two oranges for the dress :D

4. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    I think S3-style looks too much like Sonic in a dress. The pupils just look too small for Amy.

5. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Now there's a character hack we'd all like to see.

6. Impish

Impish

Wow! I cant believe I didn't see the update before, played this for the first time, and playing as amy adds new challenges and takes away others, creating a brand new play experience. You are planning on fixing the character select screen though, right?

7. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    [​IMG]

Okay guys, so I didn't bother with the three fixes I mentioned in the to-do list, but I simply have to release this build right now because Amy's midboss is fully implemented and it's the best fucking thing I've ever made.

GO GO GO

And if for whatever reason you can't figure out how to get to it, play Amy or Amy+Tails in HCZ1, and when you get to the edited part of the level at the end, + - smash the green blocks above the checkpoint and jump as high as you can   . Do NOT try to get through the loop as Amy (it is currently still possible to do this with a correctly timed jump or Super Amy), or you will get stuck in S/T/K's mid-boss arena.

8. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Played up to the new miniboss, this is wonderful stuff! I can't wait to play through the rest when it's a bit more polished, I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far.

9. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    The new miniboss: YES. yoo bad you can't stand on the sharp blocks that come down...

10. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    This is awesome, especially since I was listening to Polluted Pump beforehand~

I'll edit this post when I have something important to report.

11. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    I'll be implementing that shortly, don't worry :)

Also, cookies to anyone who can legitimately (I.e. without debug mode) find and beat this boss as a different character. What's especially interesting is what happens after the score tally...

12. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Any chance of a video? I can't really play games too well at the moment due to the state of my hand.

13. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    I've never been good at encoding AVIs, but I can easily get a GMV recorded if that will suit you.

14. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I like the new miniboss. I really hated that boss in Advance if I was playing as anyone except Amy, funnily enough, so I like it here.

The only person I can think of that can beat this is Sonic. It seems too high for any of the characters to reach with a normal jump, and Tails can't do anything while swimming, so Sonic's Insta-Shield has to save the day. Unless I'm wrong, of course...

Bugs:

Also, I noticed you've removed the screen lock from most zones. Don't forget that most cutscenes rely on these to work properly, including the drill in LRZ1, which is now broken as a result. I understand that you did this so Amy works correctly, but could you not check to see where the character is, and use the correct locking routine from there? I'm not familiar with S3K code, so I'm not sure how easy this is, but most of the time it is simply a difference of Y-position that you need to check, like you did for AIZ1's miniboss.

15. dsrb

dsrb

Sorry I haven't played very far, but I have a couple of first impressions:
    * Like Hez, I'm not too struck on the sprites, particularly the main running ones.
    * I'll +1 the request to have a dedicated button for hammerin', rather than having to press down (if not in the air).
    * She can even break the wall that's normally controlled by the switch in AIZ2? And the water drains shortly after. :psyduck:

I'll probably play it more another time, and try the new boss.

16. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    GMV: <a href="http://teamikaria.com/dl/HJIvdF8Q6MRCJKz-bymKFSEMvDF6A0dzhhkMscTY4—Q7ck_./s3kaltmamyhcz.gmv" target="_blank">here</a>. It's not the best gameplay in the world, I'm actually quite a lot worse at playing Sonic games than I am at hacking them. =P

Edit: IPB broke my link. Tinyurl'd.

Yep - the entire reason I put this particular boss in was because I remember loving playing that boss in Advance as Amy.

Even Sonic's insta-shield can't reach high enough. A lightning shield would vanish in the water. So you'd either need a bubble shield or Hyper Sonic. Super Tails would work, too.

Now, how do you get them there? :3

Ahahaha.

Yeah, there's a problem with landing after a hammer attack. I know about it, but there are quite a few bugs I didn't bother fixing because I wanted to get the midboss released ASAP.

Actually, this is unintentional. I don't recall ever specifically removing screen locks from the game, and even so I wouldn't have done that in order to "fix" Amy. I only noticed recently that one of the screen locks was missing (I forget where, though). I'll have to investigate this further and find out why the locks suddenly stopped working and how to bring them back.

Assuming E-122-Psi gives me a sprite sheet, there'll be a patch for Sonic CD Amy in version 2.0.

This will also be a patch in version 2.0.

Sorry, what? *tries*

....Oh my god, you're right! I never intended to do that. It certainly does seem a little excessive, so I think I'll make that wall completely solid to her as well.

17. dsrb

dsrb

Wait; I found something useful? I need to lie down!

Similarly, is it intentional that she can break through the ground at the top of the underground tunnels? I'm not so sure about this, but it's your hack after all.

18. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    If you mean the tube caps in AIZ, then no, it isn't. For some reason they break whenever Amy swings her hammer while they're onscreen, regardless of whether there was actually any collision.

19. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    In case anyone has problems at replaying GMV files, I quickly made a low quality encode. The file is big and unoptimised, but hey, I did it in like 10 minutes :v:

20. dsrb

dsrb

Yeah, those; that's strange. I think I just happened to swing it right above the tunnel for laughs. Actually I think you mentioned this already, so my bad if I forgot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.