don't click here

Sonic Free Riders

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Tiranno, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    Link to the Story

According to Joystiq, there is a rumor that Sega is making a Sonic Riders entry for the Xbox 360 accessory "Project Natal".

Your thoughts?

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The Riders series has never been particularly fantastic, but I got some fun out of them. Adding Natal support will probably eliminate all of the fun though.

3. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I rather enjoyed the first Sonic Riders despite some blatantly awful design decisions.

I am not psyched at a Natal implementation, though.

4. I would only warrant this game to be useful if they create another kick-ass song like they did with Un-Gravitify.
    I'm sorry that is one of the best Sonic songs ever conceived.

Both versions

5. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    When it comes to making a Sonic game for Project Natal, I can't really think of any other Sonic games where it could work okay other than the Riders games. It could be fun but I'll probably never know since I don't own a 360.

6. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    ...ANOTHER Riders sequel?

*Facepalm*

Give me a break. I honestly don't understand what was so great about even the first one, where sequel to THAT needed to be made, let alone another one. Due to the fact that the first one was so terrible, I didn't even bother with the second one, and I won't be touching THIS one with a ten-foot pole, either.

7. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    So you play an impoverished vagabond Sonic trying to hitch a ride on a boxcar with nothing but a bindle full of canned beans?

8. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I generally like the Riders games, so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

This doesn't surprise me either. Jet was just featured on Sonic Channel, and he's getting a 3" figure too. This is probably why.

9. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Sonic Riders wasn't that great, but it became more enjoyable once my friends and I got used to the awful handling. Zero Gravity was far better though. This, on the other hand, can't end well.

10. Wale

Wale

Sonic Riders? Natal?

God I could only imagine how the controls would work...

11. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    It'll just be a gimmicky game for a gimmicky add-on. There was a Sonic game for the EyeToy thing a while back, but that was just "use your hands to move Sonic around in a special stage!"

12. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I wonder if they'll come up with another stupid-sound plot twist about the Babylon Rouges Genie aliens was silly enough.

13. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    They are Genie Alien Birds who were birthed from a great ocean in another dimension... From the future.

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I liked the first two games, but seeing this be shoe-horned in as a Natal type game, assuming it's true, I give it a resounding "meh" and a pass.

Sorry, but Sonic Riders 3... or 2.5 or whatever does not justify dropping $150 for a camera.

15. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    It'd make more sense to develop it for Wii with balance board compatibility.

I mean, I can't even begin to wonder how the controls for this Project Natal thing would work. How do you move forward? Breaststroke the air? What?

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Automatically, as with the two existing titles.

17. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    oic. Boy was I just schooled!

I still think it's a bad idea :|

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    While I liked the first 2 Riders games, I don't think I'd like it with motion control. Hopefully it will have controller support.
    At least it will be on XBLA, so it won't cost much.

19. Skaarg

Skaarg

Eh I doubt this will really do well considering if the natal price tag of $150 is indeed true I just don't see it selling very well. I guess though I'm not quite sure how controls would work for this. My guess is tony hawk ride style just without the board.

20. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Never liked Sonic Riders, this just screams gimmicky shovelware. Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.