don't click here

General Character Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vincent, Apr 3, 2008.

1. LuckyLagomorph

LuckyLagomorph

Nope, IN
    Drawing shit
    Hmm...

[​IMG]

2. Hamneggs

Hamneggs

Official Breakfast of S2HD Member
    TEXAS
    Networked lighting
    :thumbsup: Is this a winner?

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The one on the left looks like the winner, if finished.

4. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Just like I said: trace over it and it's perfect. Not a single change needed. This one is starting to look like it.

5. zemulii

zemulii

I'll finish up the one on the left soon. I think you guys were right about the forehead. I made it slightly more prominent and it does look more "right". Unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to vectorize it if it comes to that (just sketching with a tablet in Photoshop atm) as I'm totally hopeless at most things vector :(.

6. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    The chicken needs the red stuff under the beak to be more round (talking mostly about the front view). At the moment it is pointy and reminds me of real organic stuff. Needs to be more cartoonized.

7. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Oh well, I started this little guy about...10 mins ago...so:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Usagi no Kawaii-desu nee? :3~~

8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Looks good so far but I think it should stay grey, since all the western media had it as a grey rabbit (and rabbits aren't blue). Maybe turn it blue if you go for a Japanese mode, just like Tails becomes Miles.

9. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I think there should be a grey and a blue. I know that one of the plans is to use the official art. But if one of the aims is to match it rather than match the original computer graphics art then other stuff would then come under change. Like the Whisp having six legs instead of four and also having thick plastic style wings.

LOL. I don't think I've ever seen a blue hedgehog before either. But how odd Sonic would look if he was brown.

10. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    I think he needs to be chubbier all around.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That's incredibly well done for a 10-minutes first attempt.

12. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I thought the beak concept could be used on the open mouth thing:

[​IMG]

13. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I disagree. That's supposed to be a ":O" face. That's more like a ":3".

14. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I didn't draw a ":3" also a beak can never make an ":O" so that's the max the poor thing can do, lol.

15. zemulii

zemulii

You did that in 10 minutes!? Anyway I really like the blue. Most of the animal sprites look horrible so I don't think they should be followed too closely. Grey is so bland... I might have a go at the penguin at some stage. Just in case anyone else was eyeing it up ;)!

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    As a fellow cartoon, Daffy Duck can make an :O face.

=|

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Well for me that bird was prepared for blowjob. That was my thought. I was worried about the animation look.

18. Elratauru

Elratauru

Well, Im gonna do the blue one, if we need a grey one, its a matter of changing the color. That's easy task. Also, remember that the chicken has a purple shadin' over there, from the jp art.

Yep, I knew, but I was trying to follow the original sprite shape, I still have to edit this boy.

Thanks, glad you like it. I never tried but animals before since I was always doing general items or badniks...or bosses lol... so, I think I'll perfect this little boy and try to do some other animals too.

Yep, this wasnt a hard job to tell you the truth n_nU...About the shading...Indeed, that's what I was thinking...The animals should be shaded like what they are: toons, and not that "real-like".

If the penguin its yours, then the Walrus is mine mwahahaha =P

19. zemulii

zemulii

Ahh, that really puts me to shame then. Takes me ages to get anything done! I had a quick go at the walrus a while back but that didn't turn out too well... at all. So I'm definitely fine with that :D.

20. Elratauru

Elratauru

Hahaha, don't worry, that happens when you try to get everything perfect, try to have some fun while doing them :D... Look that rabbit, I was freaking bored, and I said "Hey, lets do a Rabbit!" and when I saw it finished I was like "Aw ó_ò...it took me just 10 minutes...wait... that's cool! lol"

Also, you have shown every step you do, from a flat shading to a much better one. That also tooks time since people is always propossing changes and things. Its not like Im not gonna change and perfect the rabbit, but now we have a much better base to edit, and that's an easy task.

----

Yay! Edit:

[​IMG]

This one took a little more...20 mins I think, PS keep crashing when I tried to move the concept art to see how It was colored and I had to redo things.

[​IMG]

Im looking forward to hear criticsm about the Rabbit (Like what I should edit, change or modify) and this little boy.