don't click here

No break for Nack/Fang to come back?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by GT Koopa, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Make it a treasure-hunting game a la WarioLand and I'd probably buy multiple copies.

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    That.. That's actually GENIUS. :eng101:

Nack as the main character; Rouge as the villain? Or a team up perhaps?

I could actually see this as a cross between a Sonic game and somewhat a Mario game of sorts, with more platforming techniques. We need more spin offs that don't include the Blue Blur. :) (our last one was what, Tails Adventure?)

3. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Treasure hunting is all well and good, but lets not forget his most memorable trait to his name...crazy contraptions and traps he sets up that blow up in his face. And overconfidence. Yes, he shares this trait with good old Robotnik, however half the time it isn't even Sonic's fault. They backfire on him regardless, and Sonic doesn't even have to lift a finger. Once more, each time he is defeated was unique. He isn't swave, he is cocky. He is the Wile E Coyote. He is the Jessie, James, and Meowth. He isn't the greatest threat or the evilest villian. He doesn't care about power, just how much the Chaos Emeralds would sell. He has wacky faces and an elastic tail. Above all he seems to never give up no matter how much pounding he takes. That is why we love him.

4. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    If this Retro thing kicks off, I wanna see Retro vs. Modern a la Marvel vs. DC.

Anyway,s why not just have Fang kill Rouge? Ge's obviously the better character.

5. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    *cough* Shadow the Hedgehog *cough*

But last 'good one', Tails Adventure, yes.

Also, as an interesting note, in the Archie continuity, Nack's sister, Nic, had dealings with Rouge during the comic, notably during treasure hunting.

6. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Yeeeah. That is slipping into Shadow the Hedgehog territory. Fang is NOT angst. He may be "evil," but he's not puppy kicker evil. Think about that for a second. The first thing the younger sonic fans experience of Fang is killing Rouge in cold blood? A comedic villian? Compare to Team Rocket again. What if Jessie, James, and Meowth come back after an imaginary hiatus and the first thing they do is shoot <a href="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dawn_(anime)" target="_blank">Dawn</a> to death with AK-47s, drown Pikachu, set fire to Ash's current hat and kick him in the shins while showing Ash on a video screen that they sold May and Misty to a pokeslave trade over and over again. JESSIE, JAMES, AND MEOWTH.

In short the whole thing would soil the character.

7. Mr. Pictures

Mr. Pictures

Oldbie
    The 8" Wolf figure looks like Nack on steroids. He would make an interesting boss.

8. Impish

Impish

Oh dear GOD!!!
    I just realized, they're gonna pull a Charmy on Fang and make him like a toddler!
    look at the logic:
    (Main character) Sonic - Shadow
    (Obligatory female) Amy Rose- Rouge
    (Hero's Buff Guy) Knuckles - Omega
    (Kid sidekick) Tails - ....

If they re-introduce Fang he'll be a little kid!
    Or even worse, we're getting an emo Tails next 3D sonic game!

Either that or Fang, Bark and Bean will form an evil equivalent of the chaotix.

9. MastaSys

MastaSys

Oh no Oshima doesn't work for Sega anymore!
    They can't use Sonic or Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik never again!

That's bull.
    Sega owns the character, if wasn't the case he wouldn't appear on the comics and they couldn't even re-release Triple Trouble, Tails Adventures, etc...
    If they want, they can.

10. RevFirst

RevFirst

At this point, where does Knuckles fit?

But whatever, I barely know Nack/Fang but I do prefer his design over Rouge's. Guess slapping breasts on a bat doesn't help for me. :v:

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Where does he fit? Jeez, it wasn't that difficult to make him fit in Triple Trouble...

12. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Personally I think a lot of fans would cheer.

I do get what you mean however, that said I don't want him to be quite on the same league as the Team Rocket, Looney Tunes rogue list, who get their schtick from being completely pitiful and sympathetic. I think these villains, while likeable characters, sometimes take the concept too far in that with a villain that's little to no threat whatsoever the heroes don't come off as sympathetic and look like they are 'bullying' them for the sake of them being there (Out of Wile and Road Runner you can tell who is supposed to be the most sympathetic). I do agree Fang should be bumbling and comical but I think he should still be a threat to an extent, then again they have a hard time making even Eggman seem like this.

As said I think the Archie version was a nice mix, he is a comical minor villain but still slightly sinister and fearsome, he has actually captured Sonic a few odd occasions and has basically issued a death warrant on Sally for a somewhat humiliating defeat before. Fang is what we call evilly affable, a 'likeable scumbag' I guess.

13. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Ok. I got it. Lets take treasure hunter and extend it to being a collector. We can take that further and give him a hobby, the only thing that kept him "sane," collecting and creating figurines. Pretty much his only "on the level" merchandise. In a game (3D adventure, 2D platformer, RPG, minigame collection?) these figures can be bought and sold, and found scattered throughout the levels (and maybe town hubs) and would consist of stylized versions of classic and new Sonic & Sega characters, objects, enemies. That is cameos and nostalgia galore right there.

Their name? Nicknacks. :v:

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I have a Nack Pog in my wallet from the 90s. It's the only one I held onto (no idea where all the others are), which has to say something. I too love his comedic shenanigans in Sonic Triple Trouble. Don't forget that he was also a racer in Sonic Drift 2 ;)

And he's a cheap son of a bitch in Sonic the Fighters.

15. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Holy shit, imagine a Sonic/Mario Crossover with Wario and Fang in the storyline. I can see them thieving each other already! :v:

16. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    I'd much rather have Fang a recurring character character than Rouge, he has much more charm and appeal than her. Just like Shadow, I think Rouge overstayed her welcome after SA2 and it really didn't help when they switched to the 4kids cast (she sounds much to old for a teenage character).

Though like others have pointed out -
    Fang = Bounty hunter
    Rouge = Jewel thief/Government agent

Why couldn't they coexist if need be?

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Nah, to truely be Big Lipped Alligator there has to be a song involved. I suppose the Sloprano from Conker'd fit this but he wasn't really out of nowhere... I wonder if any bosses in games actually fit this? =P

18. Just for the record, my idea was more along the lines of Knuckles getting his own game, but I suppose Nack could work as a more land-based character.

19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

From what I know a Big Lipped Alligator moment is just a segment that has little relevance to the rest of the story and is largely random and non sensical.

There certainly some bosses in comical games that you wonder what the hell is going on, they also have a tendancy to use classical music as themes for true Looney Tunes effect.

Well I could certainly see Bean working around this (imagines him break into a number with Bomb from Chaotix and Sonic 1, someone here needs to make a game with a crazy Bean boss!!). Fang however perhaps not, unless he perhaps 'Mickey Mouses' to some grunge metal as he hunts his prey. lol

20. Mr. Pictures

Mr. Pictures

Oldbie
    Who knows what they would do with those characters personality-wise? I like what the comic has done with them, considering characters like Bean and Bark were one shots and they've been fleshed out pretty nicely, but would they be the same way in newer games? I'm sure Sega doesn't have any restrictions on picking and choosing elements from the comic, since they own the rights to all of it. Maybe if the fan base associates the comic personalities enough they would if they were to make a come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.