don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    oh c'mon, he just misread StephenUK with Stealth :P

2. Well, he's not the first.

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I am having a horible time deciding level order :\

4. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    I only got the demo version, and for a fangame it's quite well made! Then I saw this:
    [​IMG]

Funfact: there is a character limit for filenames in URLs on this forum software, and I hit it with my descriptive filename, so I had to shorten it :v: whoops indeed

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    wide screen was a last minute thing for the demo. If you were one of the lucky ones to get the beta, you'd be playing the regular aspect and that wouldnt show up. My bad...

6. I complained about it earlier, but the file size is absurd. You've gotta look into compression somehow, because 90+megs for a single act demo is damn near unforgivable.

Game seems pretty solid, though.

7. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    Whenever I download the file, it gives me a "This file contains corrupted data" error. Fix pl0x. D:

8. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I'd say that just about the only problem with the demo was that jumping on enemies doesn't cause Sonic to bounce, which is something I liked in the original game. Other than that it was spectacular, great work.

9. JDAdams

JDAdams

I thought this looked familiar! It's this, but (almost) finished! I thought this died way back when, congrats on (almost) finishing it up! I've been waiting years for this! Will there still be a boss rush as shown on Youtube many, many moons ago?

10. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    90+ is for the final game uncompressed.

Boss mode will be present

11. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    O SHT DOUBLE POST.

I am having trouble with bosses. I can't think of any good ones.

[​IMG]

Very crude, yes. The basic idea is that Robotnik has a spring on the bottom of his eggmobile. He bounces high up and then a radar comes on you similar to in death egg in sonic 2. you desperatly run and try and get the target onto one of the pinguin enemys walking by. He hits the pinguin enemy and takes damage. (Is it wierd a lot of my bosses aren't hit directly?)

12. Being one of the lucky people who picked up the prototype, I've been playing the game too often for my own good. Especially Gigalopolis Zone, which is one of most fun zones I've ever played.

As for the boss, it interesting, though execution would be everything.

13. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    [​IMG]
    Here, have the boss I designed for Retro: Sonic, you just need to edit it slightly to make it Sonic savvy, since it was based around Knuckles' gliding.

14. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    how exactly does this boss work? Does it just shoot the missles? I'd be more than glad to try and adapt it to a level in classis so it doesn't go to waste :P

EDIT: Also released a newer demo with a second act and dusty dunes. I understand that the collision on the boss is bad, I will work on it.

Also, music and EXE seperate for those who want it
    EXE
    MUSIC

15. Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

I was one of the lucky few to get the early build as well. I am really liking what I see in the game so far. I ran across a problem with the game where if you are using a controller you can hit the button that reverts to pause when you select it in options and when you pause the game it locks up and doesn't unpause. It might just be the gamepad I'm using though.

16. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I actually just realized that as well. You can unpause if you hit any key on the keyboard. I'll look into fixing this.

Hopefully this new demo will be a tad more satisfying. Being able to see a mirrored GHZ and such.

17. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

The Egg Scrambler
    [​IMG]

With four attacks
    [​IMG]

Did you want any help coming up with ideas for bosses, Hez? Because I'll give you this boss concept that I had a few months back.

18. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    how do you attack him?

Also on the new demo note, is dusty dunes heat affect too much?

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Something is wrong with those platforms in act 2. If you hit the bottom of them you die instantly. Kind of annoying when you hit a spring to go up, hit the bottom of a moving platform, and die.

Also yes too much heat wave D:

20. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    forgot to add the "no smash kill to them". Try to avoid those. I mostly wanted to know if the heat wave was too much.

For those who want a quick fix to that and a less hazy dusty dunes download an updated exe here