don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Its only 1 Act long.

95 Mgs. 1 Act long...

...Is there something wrong here?

2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I wasn't bothered to delete all the other levels in the game because I spent 10 minutes hashing together that demo? =3

EDIT: FML...there was a beta build in that demo as well. Some lucky 40 people now have a prototype.

3. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Shortest demo I've ever played.

I like the feeling of the game. The rotation on the sprites depending what angle the hill is must have been a tough to program. And the Sonic CD Camera works alright.

Although the level was short, it seemed like classic Sonic design. I give it two thumbs up. :>

4. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    There are 23 mp3s in the demo apparently. Guess all of that adds up.

Also the physics and game mechanics have definitely been much improved over the last time I tried this out. Keep at it and you'll have something really good.

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I kept it short to keep bitching to a minimum. I would have thrown in act II but I didn't want to put up with everyone bitching about the boss since I still have yet to fix the collision box. Besides, you've already played sonic 1 :P

EDIT: Deleted extra stuff to get it to 30 megs

6. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Oh Stealth, why must you tease us? :P

STEPHEN DANGIT STEPHEN!! Why can't I read anymore!? :specialed:

7. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Is it just me, or does Sonic feel quite a bit heavier than in the classic games?

8. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    So being one of the lucky people to download a beta as well, I had a good play through it today and I must say it is going to be spectacular when it is completed. Without a doubt, it's the most fun I have had with a fan game, period.

9. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    How accurate are the controls compared to the original Sonic games?

10. Also, the engine makes me feel a little motion sick.

11. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    So, after leaving my opinion on the layout that was sampled before in picture form and now playing the level, I no longer have any problems with it... Well, almost. The few death pits at the bottom, under the water are annoying, but at least they aren't a problem most of the time; I only went underwater once and died down there. Sonic also feels a little heavy, as some people have mentioned, and he doesn't stand on platforms properly, sort of puts his feet in them. I also found my self hugging rocks while trying to spindash off them.

Anyway, enough of a few niggles I noticed. On to the good. A solid layout that has a nice vibe to it. I like the flying enemies, they look rather cool and the music works well with the environment. I came out of this with a smile, so good job.

One thing I will say though; why did installing it automatically put an icon on my desktop? I know it's for ease of use or whatever, but I only noticed it after I'd finished and thought it was kinda useless. You can easily make a shortcut yourself if you want one.

12. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    The camera in Damizean's engine is a little sloppy. I happen to be a little motion-sick as well.

...and that's my avatar! :argh:

13. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Needs moar vsync. A lost frame every here and there is far better than tearing.

But it's great so far. I really liked the stuff in the beta also.

14. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    In the options menu there is another "MOAR CLASSIC" camera available. I sort of stripped the Demo of everything so no one could be like "O SHT DUR IS A BUG N LYBRANTH ZOEN WUR ROBOTNIK WONT MOEV". Since its...uh...unfinished =P

But feedback is good. It helps me see how to polish what I have done. Keeper comin!

15. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Will there be a full screen mode in the final? Everything is wonderful, but I don't like the tiny screen.

16. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I was using a 360 controller, and selecting 'joystick 1' in the controls was not a problem - it picked it up, I didn't even need to configure the buttons! As for your actual question, Sonic seems a little heavier, and as such, when momentum is gained, Sonic seems to jump further than he used to when he had a similar momentum in the old games. Overall though, there was nothing wrong with the way he handles, it's only marginally different, like what you may expect in a hack - modified slightly from the original. If that isn't the case Hez, please correct me.

There already is a fullscreen - Alt+Enter :)

17. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    It's not working for me. =(

18. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Err... what does Stealth have to do with this?

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I think he's got a bit confused and thinks you're Stealth =P

20. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I want what he's smoking.