don't click here

Sonic Classic Collection

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    They don't get right the emulation for the base console, so I'd say that we better forget about the 32x that requires perfect timing to run (the start up BIOS is annoyingly strict in that sense).

2. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    Yeah, the underground will always be many steps ahead in emulation when compared to the real company. It's kind of funny how that actually works out. I remember when Donkey Kong Country on Nintendo's Virtual Console needed an update because there were emulation issues that needed to be fixed.

3. Sploit

Sploit

Hey, sorry if I pissed you off or whatever, if you check the end of my post I admitted that I was mostly just venting frustration over stuff, and that part of me sees the merit to releasing rarer games. I do think fans should have the opportunity to play rarer games. Just sometimes when I feel I've put in effort to obtain games beforehand, it cna be a bit irritating when they are made available so easily. But I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes and I'll buy the ocmpilation if it comes out anyways to be honest.

I admit to using emulators to try out rare games etc, but you are right, it is a hobby of mine as a fan/collector to try and track games down in their original forms.

FYI, I was a kid too (I'm 21 now), and I didn't get a lot of the gamesu until long after release, for a long time I was a console generation behind.

Ohh and who-ever mentioned trackballs (needed for SegaSonic Arcade), yes they would bump up the price (well depending on quality). I got a bargain on my three HAPP trackballs for my PCB (£75 for the three and like £15 shipping, they are often around £50 each on eBay).

4. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Bump.

Really? I sure hope that's for a portable, because dear God is this barebones.

5. nullaccnt

nullaccnt

Holy shit. I'm trying to figure out what to say here. Chimpo already said pretty much everything, but I am just blown away by your greediness, especially considering the fact that you are 21 years old. So what if you tracked down every physical copy of these rare games and paid top dollar? You did that because YOU wanted to, not because it was the only way to play them. You still sound like you're a kid.

Everyone who knows how to use emulation and wanted to play these games have done so already. If collecting these original physical copies means that much to you, then you wouldn't give two shits if they released a newer physical copies in the form of a compilation. Is that not the whole point of wanting the original? Get over yourself, seriously.

Stop caring so much about wanting other people to suffer and never play these games in physical form just because you chose to shell out the cash to purchase the original.

6. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

That list of games can't be it.

7. Sonic Mega Collection had more going on. Either we're not getting the whole story or it's some limited edition hoo haa reserved for the hardcore money wasters. I'm certainly not tearing into my savings unless I hear word of Chaotix and the like.

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Oh boy, I love paying $99 for this bullshit.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I bet this is just the barebones of it. It seems that this only has information about classic titles that aren't rated. I imagine this isn't the last of the information we'll hear from this game.

10. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    That cannot be the entire list. No fucking way am I forking over 99$ bucks for just that.

11. nullaccnt

nullaccnt

Wow. $99 for shit they've already released plus a bunch of videos no one cares about? Awesome. There are more games between Sonic Mega Collection and Gems than that, and those were $100 together when they first came out.

12. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    The factor that SCD has been left out of the "classic originals" list again, and the lack of Chaotix makes me a sad Azukara. ;_;

This better not be all there is. Although, with the ad for Sonic Chronicles, it leads me to really think that this is a DS collection of some sort.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Who says it will end up being $99 in the end? Also I highly doubt Sega would dare releasing just Sonic 1 - S&K again, people already own those games on their own.

But what I'm interested in is what kinds of things might they add, if that list was true? Mirror mode? Could they actually redraw the games to look awesome (I'd pay $99 for HD Sonic 1 - S&K, but only real awesome HD, none of this filter shit)? Could we see Sonic World again? Perhaps we'll get a look into some never before seen content, like a finished Hidden Palace in Sonic 2.

14. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    ffffffff, wtf.

I wont be getting this anytime soon that's for sure

15. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    99 fucking dollars? I sure hope that's a typo on Sega's part :colbert:

Even if they include stuff like Chaotix, Sonic CD, SegaSonic, etc. I want to know how you end up with a price of $99 for stuff like this. Unless they're packing a Sega Genesis and Sega CD with the game then I don't see how the price can be ramped up that high.

Also what the fuck, SC:TDB video? Sure the game was pretty good (IMO), but... that seems kinda random to throw in amongst a collection of classic stuff.

If this collection has all the games from 1991 to 2001, then I'd consider buying it. Only consider, because I know I have a copy of Mega Collection lying around here somewhere :v:

16. FlashTHD

FlashTHD

Oldbie
    ^^^^^

Y'all have brains, right? USE THEM. This will not be $100.

17. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    If it had:

Sonic 1
    Sonic CD
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 2 & Knuckles
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    Knuckles Chaotix
    SegaSonic Arcade
    Sonic the Fighters
    Sonic R
    Sonic Levels from Adventure
    Sonic (and maybe Shadow) levels from Adventure 2
    Sonic Advance Trilogy
    Daytime Levels of Unleashed

(all with perfect emulation)

I MIGHT spend $100 on it. MAYBE.

And seeing as Sega would never grant MY wishes, I probably won't be buying it.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You know if this was a really cheap Genesis collection for the DS I'd almost consider buying it, just because I like the idea of a portable Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    You don't want a portable collection on the DS. The DS' resolution is too damn small and it'll just look god damn ugly.

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Even for a potential DS compilation, this still sounds pretty shit. I'll pass, thanks.

Also, isn't the DS screen resolution too small to properly emulate Mega Drive games? I'm aware that homebrew emulators exist for the system, but as I recall they're not too... well, good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.