Metal Sonic looks the same?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Besides being more detailed, he's hardly any different. I mean, when the biggest change is that nub on the bottom of his body, you know it's not really worth rambling about.

2. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    [​IMG]

This is the most significant change made to Metal Sonic in the past 15 years.

3. I don't see anything different.

4. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Eye shape:
    Circle > Oval

5. Seriously? That is nothing. Big deal.

I may prefer the classic style, but Metal is the only one who isn't halfbad.

6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Can somebody post the SADX model? I can't remember if he has the crotch thing there.

7. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    EXACTLY.

8. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

IIRC, the SADX model is the same as the SA2 2p model, but with some odd leg alteration. So no, it's not there.

I think DX predated the update by a few years actually.

9. I prefer classic, but seriously, Metal Sonic is the least of our concerns for a character that Sega has raped the look of.

10. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    If you think that Metal Sonic's "new" design is a substantial difference from his classic one and it's enough to make you say that you HATE it and SEGA have raped the character the you're a fucking whiney bitch who has nothing better to do than complain about trivial things that make no difference what so ever.

Seriously. :eng101:

11. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    SA2 design, for those curious (please forgive the lack of a better picture):
    [​IMG]

I like what they did with the head on this one, didn't really study it for other differences much.

12. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    [​IMG]
    Sup dudes (yes I realize it's but a re-creation of it but the point stands)

13. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    It was temporal though and Metal Sonic reverts to his normal shape at the end of the game. With that criteria, you could as well post about the rocket Metal Sonic in Sonic Championish.

14. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

It's just as well that it was temporary. I can't see it being a permanent look for Metal Sonic. It's got shades of S3K Mecha Sonic all over it though.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I personally liked it better when his muzzle was bigger... As for the other changes, they were just necessary when they changed Sonic's proportions and the level of detail in their games.

With that said, I prefer the simpler, original designs.

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm a huge fan of the original design (and by saying that I am also meaning the current Metal Sonic), but I have to admit I always thought that version of Metal Sonic was kick-ass looking.

17. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    The new design does look badass, but going for a design in Sonic for being badass or 'cool' leads to shit like Shadow The Hedgehog.

Maybe they could keep the original Metal Sonic, because the design is also fantastic, but have the new design as a one off character, a Metal Sonic MKII of sorts. Changing the design permanently isn't going to do a lot of good, but I'm sure lots of people agree that being able to fight Neo Metal Sonic in its proper form, before it spawned a huge dragon out of its ass, would be brilliant.

18. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Hell, no! I like my Metal Sonic as in a Sonic made of metal, not a parody on friggin' Darth Vader.

19. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

True that, I dislike that Heroes model a lot. Thankfully he reverted back in the end of the story.

I'd like for Metal/Mecha Sonic from S&K to make an appearance though. That one was love, sleek and baddass.

Actually, throw in that baddass design of Sonic roboticized from Archie Comics. That is one hot bitch right there. The only thing good that came out of that comic.

20. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    You mean this?
    [​IMG]

Yeah, that's one sexy hunk machinery all right!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.