don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Unleashed had some kickass music, yes. Better than you'd have thought, and surprisingly better than Black Knight, despite the latter title having a "triumphant return" of series favorites Jun Senoue, Richard Jacques, Howard Drossin, and even (from out of left-field) Tommy Tallarico.

2. NHY

NHY

It looks interesting but like others, I'll be cautious about this.

Though for some reason this is screaming ' Sonic 2 remake ' at me. But that just me.

Also, I quite enjoyed the Sonic 06 soundtrack. I won't lie and admit I haven't played it but it was a train wreak based on what I've seen and heard but music seems to be one of the few areas Sega hasn't being failing in and that is something they need to use to their advantage here.

3. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Although we've never truly seen (in game) just how great classic Sonic can look :)

[​IMG]

imagine a live action version of this mother fucker!

4. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Given how live-action versions of famous characters have come out in the past, I'm gonna have to say... do not want.

3D? Sure. Live-action? Hilariously out-of-place.

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    That art at needlemouse.com is kind of ugly....I hope the final art looks better than that.

6. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    A moving version of said art, yes. That would be very sweet indeed.

Looking at the airbrushing, would be a bitch to pull off though.

7. NHY

NHY

It screams fake at me.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hmm.
    [​IMG]
    Don't think so. =P

9. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

Am I the only one that likes this version of Sonic?

[​IMG]
    Thought so. =/

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'd rather have Bubsy the Bobcat as the main character.

11. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I'll be honest mate, I've never played a Sonic game right through beyond the first Sonic Adventure. SA1 had some truly great, classic sounding music, but they gave way almost entirely to underdog, pussyboy "you can do it!" rock music in SA2. The whole Sonic experience had become unbearable for me by that point, so I pretended that he didn't exist.

I will always be a huge classic Sonic fan though, and I really want to thank all the hackers here for keeping my interest alive. Anyway this is the first time since ninety-ninety-fucking-FOUR that I've been excited by a new official Sonic game!! (Holy fuck!)

But if Unleashed's soundtrack is as good as you say I might just have to check it out.

12. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Ok, I laughed pretty hard at that.

At first it looked like they were spelling out "F I G M IXII O" or something, but I'm not sure what that even means.
    Many would call "ass face" Sonic garish and ugly, but that design is a huge part of my childhood so I'm not particularly against it. I'd rather not see that design in this though, wouldn't sell very well. The 90's are over, sadly.

13. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    It really is. Having a lot of the SA1 composers on board helps greatly.

14. aliialii

aliialii

La la laaaaa~ Member
    Finally! SEGA has decided to interest us in a good looking game (not to mention 2D) with a great trailer. Today is probably the best day of Sonic's life (for years).

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    The only composers shared between Unleashed and the original Sonic Adventure are probably Fumie Kumatani and Kenichi Tokoi; the rest of the bulk was done by Tomoya Ohtani and Mariko Nanba, who have been fronting the brunt of the music in the past few Sonic releases. Incidentally, the best tracks in Sonic Adventure were by Kumatani (Theme of E-102, anyone?), but Senoue did contribute some pretty awesome tracks as well.

16. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Screw the Brits, I grew up with that Sonic.

I'm game either way, though unlike everyone here, I prefer the modern looks.

17. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    http://www.needlemouse.com/

Is this real? I don't know how late I am on this and I don't feel like going through 20+ pages looking for it but I'd just like an answer.

18. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    It is.

19. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    You're some 10 pages late :P

20. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    The entire thread's kind of tl;dr, though, so I can kind of understand him missing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.