don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Bah, bunch of people already did this. (forgive the poor .gif -- Flash fails at them)

[​IMG]

IDENTICAL

2. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    This looks pretty fuckin' rad.
    Shit, I still think if they were even to just make a 2.5D game with the engine from Unleashed, it'd kick ass. This is definitely a step in the right direction.

3. MK

MK

Hacker Oldbie
    New England, USA
    Secret :o o:
    Sadly no, I was about to but the thread died D: I'm rather pissed. Hopefully someone archived it.

4. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Advance series were 2D and they weren't masterpieces. It's not like HD sprites would fix those inherent flaws either. Saying Sonic needs to return to 2D will fix the franchise like many review sites like to rant about it's one of the things that most annoy me because in truth, that only shows how much these people don't know what made the classics so good. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but Sonic was much more than just 2D. And Sonic Adventure worked in 3D so this all business doesn't excite me. There will be the relief that haters won't be able to use this as argument anymore, though they ignore everything else I've said before this sentence.

About the models, probably 3D in a 3D environment. The spinning 3D model ring is a giveway. I hope they keep his SU model. That one is the best since the classics.

About the trailer, it does mention speed, but Sonic also bounces around the corners, which may suggest that it might be closer to what we liked in 2D. I like to think the old SEGA scream may also help the classic feeling. The spindash seems to be back by the look of it, which is a good sign even if the game isn't better than any of the Advances. The logo is Sonic 1, so I'm already salivating for a remake.

I'll be sad if they drop the 3D format entirely though. I liked SU's day time stages BECAUSE they merged 2D and 3D together very well (as far as making sense goes). Making the former work like the classics and the latter closer to what we had in SA (with better controls and weight).

5. Amistat

Amistat

I may be a bit late for the photoshops and such of the logo and it's clearly got to be Sonic, but I can't help but wonder...why the hell is he wearing a witches hat?

I'm really excited about this, but I now have images of some lame tacked on magic system o.o

It's official, I've become more cynical than even I thought possible.

6. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    I'm thinking it's due to the following -

1) Light angle (most probable)
    2) Head orientation causing the left ear to be in a different position

7. I want to believe. I want to believe SO BAD.

But people keep saying in comments on every other site I have been to that "Sonic's time has passed", "NOT ANOTHER ONE", and the most hated comment...

THE SONIC CYCLE.

How can I be happy about this...when others aren't?

I hope to God that SEGA blows them all away.

8. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I hope so too, but ultimately, it's guilty until proven innocent with Sonic these days. Even 2K6 looked promising... way back when...

I'm obviously taking a cautiously optimistic stance on this: I want it to be good, but I'm expecting it to be Sonic Rush on consoles, when what I really want is something like the Genesis games. *sigh*

That being said, Sonic Rush on consoles is still a step in the right direction, so...

9. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    ADMIN NOTE: Any Sonic Cycle shenanigans will result in a suspension. Don't.

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    About that! If that shows up or is even mentioned once throughout the course of this thread beyond this point in time, that user will be suspended for a minimum of at least one day. :)

11. Jayextee

Jayextee

Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    It's this, alright? The rays of light make it look like Sonic's got a freaky Chris Thorndyke head. It's just light; when overlaying the original Megadrive title screen, it's clear that they occupy IDENTICAL areas of space.

As has been shown many times now.

12. Biofrost

Biofrost

Environment artist at Sony Bend Member
    Oregon
    Env artist on Days Gone for ps4
    This is sega's chance to prove all of them wrong.

13. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Might be a little too early to get excited or... not excited, I mean the video didn't even show any gameplay... I'll wait for that to decide.

14. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Wait, I didn't actually see him post it, he just said the name. Unless I caught his post after you guys edited it. :S

15. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    THank you.

16. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Somebody mentioned on IRC that the odd head angle could match up with a Chris Thorndyke figure. Mind you, our minds are made to compare things in such a way (like figures in clouds), so I'm not surprised.

17. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Sonic's hand is obscuring the two lower quills.

18. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
  19. Jayextee

Jayextee

Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Actually, as an avid follower of Sega's Facebook, I can state without irony that they've begun to finally listen to what their fans think, as evidenced by Ryo's appearance in Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing (probably a reaction to all the "SHENMUE 3 PLZ" on unrelated announcements.

It's not uncommon, especially on announcements regarding All-Stars Racing, for the vocal majority to bitch about how the only "good" Sonic games were the 16-bit era ones. I wouldn't rule it out that this was their market research here.

20. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    HOLY SHIT.

I completely forgot about that incident, WOW. Perhaps the guy was legit after all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.