don't click here

Badniks & Bosses Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vincent, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Easy, it's called hand. I took an image from the forums here and remade it from scratch.

2. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    I was talking about the stripes on the stinger, they appear to be the ones to need redone.

3. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Alright, ME asked me to mess with this thing for him, so I made a few adjustments. I do believe it's in perspective now, and even if it isn't, I think it's pretty close.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. wangle

wangle

[​IMG]

5. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD
    Ya know, I was looking at that, and I decided that those bands aren't in perspective, they're just flat. If I were to line up the stripes on the abdomen with those bands it would look horribly strange.

6. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    That's sad to hear since I still much prefer Paint Shop's interface compared to Illustrator's. Paint Shop can't create .ai files so I guess I'm still stuck.

7. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Thanks! I was too lazy to do this myself.

Looking at the eyes, the two top rockets (thy are both perfect in their perspective), this can turn out to be really sexy once those stripes are perfectly within the the global perspective!

8. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD
    At this point I don't think the stripes on the abdomen are the problem, I think the bands on the main body are. So I messed with those a bit and tried to make them look more like they had a perspective. They need some fixing yet, but this is the basic idea.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I tweaked the stripes and the bands more.

[​IMG]

9. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    On this one, the perspective looks very correct to me!

The only drastic change of this version are the white stripes being abit too wide now, while smaller ones looked for some reasons more "elegant"! :D

10. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD
    Excellent. Now if only I could get LOst to stop debugging S&K and get over here to check it out as well.

11. Philosoraptor

Philosoraptor

S2HD Staff - Badnik Artist Member
    Drex, are you still working on the EHZ boss?

I was told you stopped months ago and I was given a greenlight to work on it.

relatedly,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still have a few minor things to fix on the body, and then all I'll need is the drill and a seen-from-behind version of the wheels for the other side of the body.

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    The inside of the tires look kinda off, but the main part is looking really nice!

13. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    A quick note, on the art shown:

We're in the middle of Art refining + Shades tweaking for the completed art, to make them all coherent.
    That said what we post here in WIP form, is usually for the scope of getting your feedback to make it even better! :)

Remember, visual suggestions and details > text ones! ;)

14. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I agree with this, too. I appreciate that you wanted to change them to make it look less like they were made out of LEGO, but it doesn't really look like the kind of wheels Eggman would use somehow. I think making them closer to the originals will make more people happy - myself included :)

Also, where did that red rim come from? I never thought of Eggman wanting some "bling" on his machines :p

15. Kirinja

Kirinja

ATATATATA! Member
    The glass on the eggmobile and Robotnik himself look really out of place. There are all of these gradient like shading and then there is the toon shading on Robotnik and the glass.
    Also, there seems to be too much black everywhere. Maybe you should add more details there instead of just adding black? Like the screw at the right end, it's just a box of black.

16. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD
    I messed with those bands a bit more and I think I'm done. But who knows.

Old
    [​IMG]

New
    [​IMG]

17. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I definitely like the change you've done there, it really suits him...err, it.

An excellent improvement :thumbsup:

18. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
  19. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD
    Yeah, I love fire, so I just whipped this up quick.

[​IMG]

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I have to agree that the vehicle may look a bit too gradient-y... I think it's the coloring of the front piece what's bothering me a little.

Also, those giant screws look a bit out of place in an otherwise realistic engine.

As for how the radiator should look, I think you took a wrong approach. Here's something to get inspiration from:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.