don't click here

Badniks & Bosses Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vincent, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    create a torrent for it then someone from here can download it, therefore it doesn't matter if your conenction cuts out, then someone elce can upload it for you :D

2. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    I'll handle the upload guys. :psyduck:

EDIT: Here it is!

3. DistroyA

DistroyA

I WOD LICK A SONIC 2 ROMS Member
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
  4. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I think the seat can be made better. Try following the green lines:
    [​IMG]

The blue circles show how the chair's stuffing is done. Kinda like a modern office chair. Eggman wants the best comfort :P

EDIT: Didn't see the PSD was up, so I fixed the seat myself. Isn't this better?
    [​IMG]

Here is the updated PSD:
    http://www.logotypes.se/sonic/HD/Eggpod_seat.psd

5. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    It's very nicely detailed, but does it fit in with the rest of the art? D=

6. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Does it even matter considering Robotnik will always be sitting in front of it?

7. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    <!--quoteo(post=295142:date=Mar 31 2009, 06:25 PM:name=SMTP)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SMTP @ Mar 31 2009, 06:25 PM) [​IMG]

8. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    Seriously guys, before getting down to "oh God the chair's not even in perspective we need to waste three weeks discussing it" can we actually see what it looks like compared to the rest of the art? There's no point arguing over something that's barely going to be visible if the whole thing has to be scrapped and restarted anyway.

9. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    <!--quoteo(post=295182:date=Mar 31 2009, 07:56 PM:name=Blanche Hodapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blanche Hodapp @ Mar 31 2009, 07:56 PM) [​IMG]

10. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    It's actually not that bad, obviously the size would have to shrink and maybe lighten it up to fit with the rest of the art and you would have yourself a winner. :v:

11. something needs to be done with the black underneath it(make it dark grey or something). It currently looks strange.

12. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Well, about the lighten, dunno, its a machine after all... metal-based, metal shines and gives reflection over shadows, its really strange how metal things reflect the light, so, who knows...

Well, I used a gray handmade gradient in that black thing, look at it, with a nice LCD monitor it looks really nice with that colors I think...

13. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    [​IMG]
    Correct size with LOst's latest rev.

As El has drawn a marvellous reinterpretation, I deeply encourage him or all of you here, to help us make this art complete as it will serve as base for all the other bosses. ^__-

For this purpose I've marked all main critical issues which needs to be fixed:
    [​IMG]

Yellow Mark: The contrast is too high, it's too pitch black.
    Cyan Mark: The passage between light and shadow is too strong.
    Green Mark: The light source on shadow looks very odd, as it should brighten up also the metal. Either remove or make it very faint.
    Red Mark: The light source is too strong and should stop before the tube, as it's halted by it.
    Blue Mark: More colour shades needed.
    Purple Mark: There is sudden added dark metal shade on top of that tube, which makes it look unnatural or bumped.

UPDATED .PSD file DOWNLOAD

14. Acaeris

Acaeris

Sugarcube... Member
    The light reflections on the glass should be a fading semi-transparent effect, not solid lines. It's good but looks too much like it's wrapped tightly in plastic wrap (the reflections feel plastic, almost web 2.0 rather than glass and metal (which are both admittedly a lot harder to pull off)).

15. DistroyA

DistroyA

Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    Is it me, or are people missing the point that the shape of the back of the Eggmobile needs adjusting? As in, the part that goes over the seat. In the original sprite, it's more rounded and curved at the back, and in this sprite that's being worked on, it's not. This needs fixing BEFORE any other adjustments should be made to A) the seat that you won't ever see, and B) the lighting on the metal. I'll agree that in some areas, the lighting is incorrect, but we need to focus on the FORM first before absolutely anything else.

P.S. If no-one listens, am I going to have to do it myself?

16. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    Far from it DistroyA, as I agree completely. The first WIP Acaeris posted had the rounded backside, it was only with EL's adjustment of that piece that we were presented with the current form.

While it is looking good, I can't approve it until the overall shaping and color steps have been refined. There's a harsh gap in the shading present on the right side of the caution strips as well -- they get far darker than they should when compared with the metal areas immediately beneath. Something about the spherical portion on the bottom is throwing me off as well, but that's more difficult to pin down. Does anyone else see what I'm referring to?

17. DistroyA

DistroyA

Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    I'm glad that I'm not the only person who noticed it. In all fairness, it was another user who pointed that one out. What makes me laugh is that others are thinking more about the texture of the fucking chair that won't even be seen than the shape of the actual contraption.

18. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    Yes, everyone is up to take on the job! :(

19. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Even though it's 4/1/09, I'm not doing anything idiotic like half the rest of the forum.

Round the Dome on the back and it will be as close to perfect as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.