don't click here

Sonic Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Stealth, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    I know the savestate discussion is old but since it was never mentioned I feel the need to point out that Team Megamix doesn't even need to do anything to make them not work - CD states (saved in Gens at least) don't include the information stored in the CD's RAM, so any access of that will ruin a savestate. If you've ever played Sonic CD, you'd have noticed this by now just as I have (in that game, states work within levels, but as soon as you die/beat the level/time travel, they break).

2. FraGag

FraGag

Tech Member
    :)

So, I might as well use this post to say that it's good to see Megamix back in development. I always had the impression that it was just a misunderstanding, from what I had read here and on IRC, and I'm glad to see it's over.

3. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Fusion gets it right, IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Also Gens Movie Test, afaik. How do you think Upthorn and Nitsuja could make those Sonic CD speedruns otherwise?

5. Yuzu

Yuzu

PicoDrive for PSP has been getting it right since it's release on Megamix and Sonic CD with no issue from switching between stages. And because that was released in 2007, does it win? =P

6. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Oh course the Picodrive wins, it was the first emulator to have SVP and Pico Support :) Plus I can't wait for the 32x emulation for the PSP Port which was promised, IIRC.

Oh and Echoing the "YAY, Megamix is back" Comment. Can't wait to see yet more updates in this version. But one question, are you planning on finishing what should have been finished in the previous release or just doing that and adding in features that would have made it into the "next release" after 4.0. Wow, that was kind of hard to explain and sounded way more sensible in my head. Ah well. -.-" Basically, is the next release going to be a finished build of "4.0"

7. KMMouse

KMMouse

UK
    Cinos - Battle of the Order Gems
    I noticed in the movies posted there was no Super music. Is that a scrapped prospect with the new addition of CDDA tracks, or are you planning to impliment it/implimented already and switched it off?

On the subject of the CDDA, is it all DM Ashura's work, or are you getting a few people in on the act? And will it all be original works or will there be remix work involved? Of course, you can't answer for them specifically, but if you have an idea about it, okay. ^^;

8. Shibunoa

Shibunoa

Banned
    Italy
    Are all musics going to be CD tracks or is it going to be a mixed deal?
    Megamix has got a lot of musics, and I don't think they will all be able to fit if they're converted to CD tracks.

9. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    IIRC, the old version had the option to switch off Super Music.

CDDA is all original and 1 track per zone.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Sonic 1 Easy mode, amongst others. :v: I see what you're on about, though =P

11. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Yeah, basic hacks are one thing. But a full fledged hack with level edits and all that.

12. KMMouse

KMMouse

UK
    Cinos - Battle of the Order Gems
    Sorry, I should have said that a bit more clearly. I know it was already possible to do so, I meant to ask if that was why there was no Super Sonic music in the new videos, or if it's something they've done away with with the new audio for practicality reasons.

13. Bareirito

Bareirito

Argentina
    Sonic - Mystery of the Chaos Emeralds
    Hardly any game with MP3 tracks, has at least one 'Super Sonic' track, but they can choose 'What I'm Made Of' or whatever they want.

14. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I think I actually like the idea that there is no Super Sonic track. At least for now. I didn't like having the Super Sonic theme playing when using Super Sonic in any of the games. I wanted to listen to the stage BGM.

15. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    I know what you mean...

16. Bareirito

Bareirito

Argentina
    Sonic - Mystery of the Chaos Emeralds
    Well, that will be very welcomed.

17. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    As you may have seen on my youtube TheGameCollector series, this game in version 4.0 was already my favorite. I was stoked when both this and Retro Sonic XG popped up as being continued on. I can't believe how much more this game will have to offer.

The only big bug I noticed was that in the classic Sonic 1 levels, Tails could not exit the special stage without it freezing up. I beat the last version with all characters in all modes and that's the only main probelm I had. Luckily, extra mode didn't require all 6 chaos emeralds in order to be unlocked. So Tails still got to go to the extra act 4's at the end of each zone.

The only other missing things didn't affect gameplay much.

18. PeCeT-full

PeCeT-full

Poland
    I have to say: the whole team, Team Megamix have done a purely fantastic job on what do they did! I think that mostly Tweaker and Stealth rub their brows full of sweat, because they are just FREAKING TALENTED!

What will you do next? Voice acting? Translations? Multiplayer mode? Minigames mode?

Oh crap, I want to know that!!!

19. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Translations? In a Sonic game? o.O
    In before Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Mighty, become Sonico, Code, Nocche, Ombra, and Forte, respectively. (yup, that's Italian)

20. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    The modability of this hack's music will be beyond my expectations. I wish I could make a good hack but everytime I try to something goes wrong. Last time I did a disassembly and replaced Sonic's Standing sprite with a larger sprite being sure to read Chimpo's guide carefully and it just seems that no matter what I do I can't fix that problem regardless this means I'm just too sloppy to hack... either that or I'm just too stupid for hacking....:v:

Oh well forget about hacking. I'd apparently just be an annoyance about it anyway. I can only do Sprite and pallete hacks but they suck and look retarded

getting back onto the subject of this hack. I'm holding off the impatience. I can't help but wander how far along Tweaker and Stealth are in production.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.