don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Sonic Unleashed

I've been working on the wiki articles pertaining to Unleashed. I'm wondering if anyone would like to help, however- while there's quite a bit of work done, the articles are nowhere near finished. It'd get done a lot faster with someone else working, too.

2. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    so lately I've been playing with custom soundracks (I love all of it's music but Warehog Battle, and Empire City Day), problem is I need ideas for some levels, namely Night ones.
    What I got:

Mizuri -
    Chun-Nan -
    Eggmanland -
    Spagonia -
    Apotos -
    Empire City - Day: "Stardust Speedway Bad Future US" Night: "Sonic Metropolis Trance Zone" (Sonic the Hedgehog Album)
    Abadat - Day: "Angel Island Zone" (Brawl)
    Holoska - Day: "Tim Sheehy - Bluest Sky" Night: "Megadriver - Ice Cap Zone"
    Shamar - Day: "Live at the Sandopolis (Project Chaos)

Any idea on what I could make use of for the other songs?

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I used Sonic's Fight from the Japanese Sonic X on Empire City 1. After that, I tried on Adabat's Boss fight. Hard to tell which one fits it better.

4. synchronizer

synchronizer

Okay, just picked up the PS3 version today, and I absolutely adore it. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out a Werehog move though. There is a moon medal in Apotos Night 1 that is floating above a side staircase. It is too high to reach even with a double-jump. I have seen a move done to reach medals like these, but I do not know what combo to use I order to perform it. It's like a mid-air uppercut of sorts if you know what I mean. Would someone be kind enough to help me out here?

5. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    Try Triangle, Triangle X or even Square Square X. Should work.

6. synchronizer

synchronizer

Thanks. While in mid-air or on the ground? I will probably try some other time though, because I just quit playing after rescuing Professor Pickle after Mazuri Night 1. I really like this game.

7. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    I used mainly the same, except for Empire City Day. I use "SnappleMan - Dead Batteries (Flying Battery)" from the Project Chaos remix CD.

8. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    Can you do those in the PS3 version? If so, that'll be great come Christmas time!

9. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I've never used a custom soundtrack before. You can actually go in and straight up replace the music?

And for that medal in Apotos night Act 1, you can carry a box or something up those side stairs and jump off it.

10. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Yes, you can replace the BGM using custom soundtracks. The normal SFX will play over the song of your choice.

All Xbox 360 games support this, but only a few PS3 games support it. Luckily, Sonic Unleashed is one of the few PS3 games which does.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Just wondering with the final boss, I can't seem to get more than a B Rank, even though I just beat the boss without dying or getting hit (and getting lots of rings.) In the only S Rank video on YouTube, he has a very high Enemy Bonus. Yet, when I finish the battle, I get an enemy bonus of 0. What constitutes getting an enemy bonus? Punching the meteors on the first (boring) part before going Super Sonic?

12. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    Apparently that "certain number" is 150. Got it. Thanks for helping!

13. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Is it by any chance a requirement for 360 games or maybe just a characterisc of the API used?

14. synchronizer

synchronizer

How exactly do you do this in Sonic Unleashed PS3?
    Speaking of glitches, my first one was in Apotos Daytime 2. I died while looking for a medal, and I suppose I mashed the X button or something. When I came back, there was no BGM playing, only the SFX. Weird, but I died again on purpose and it came back to normal.

15. Rokkan

Rokkan

WHAT?!
    I NEED A FUCKING 360 RIGHT NOW

16. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    I went to go buy sonic unleashed today(PS3)............

Its been delayed in the uk by one week ¬_¬ :)

17. sebmal

sebmal

I am the man! Oldbie
    what's all this "unleashed is a good game" bullshit about

like did I miss something in the demo or is it just the demo level that's a horribly designed piece of shit or what

18. Jof

Jof

Scotland
    Sonic Fantasy
    Uh... It's been out in the Uk for a good couple of weeks now. Hell, Gamestation are running massive advertisements for it and their half price deal.

19. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

It's built into the system. It's been built into the xbox since the first one. The first xbox let you do custom soundtracks on a game by game basis, but the 360 has it built into the firmware.

Just press the guide button, then scroll to media. You'll see a music player interface at the bottom with "select song" replacing the DVD drive. From there, choose your song and blammo - it'll start playing in place of the BGM. Every game supports this.

20. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    My big brother can't stand Werehog's battle music, so he always put "You're Not Here" from Silent Hill 3 OST.

I myself play Eggmanland with Stardust Speedway Bad Future US Soundtrack.

It is in Dragon Road ACT 1. You know the professor's hint? As soon as you reach that rail grinding area which leads to the water section, slowdown, just on that part where you get one Moon Medal. You will see a little island to the right with a LP rotationg there. There you have it, your Boss Nighttime Music.

I tried to ask that ditchbag who got the S-rank in the video, but he didn't help me. So I gonne to figure it out myself. Always when I play that battle I always get exactly 9.000 enemy points no matter what. It is always 9.000. Not more, not less. I thought it was the meteorites, so I smashed every single one of then, and you know how many enemy points I earned? fucking 9.000! So the meteorites doesn't add anything. But, wanna know what I did to get a S-rank? In the Sonic sections, I passed through ALL the rainbow rings. There's about two rainbow rings per section. I also scored GREAT in all trick panels and GREAT in the two jump panels.That add me good amount of score to grant me a S-rank. Also, a good time helps. My best time is 8 minutes. Yeah, and in the Super Sonic section, I got over 200 rings. That's about it.

EDIT: On a second note, one friend of mine said you must "paraloop" the snakeheads to score more and more enemy bonus. He said he could get a S-rank just by paralooping the enemies and scored over 100.000 enemy bonus. I really didn't know Super Sonic could paraloop. I'll check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.