don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synchronizer

synchronizer

That is just so weird. I love it!

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I have the 360 version and it's soooo awesome.

But how do you unlock different moves for Sonic in the 360 version? I want to light dash and wall jump plz

3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Over the last few days I've seen plenty of wii footage, downloaded the wii music rip and watched the werehog mini cg movie, it's been an entertaining last few days to say the least.

4. That's online co-op and that was added with a patch after release.

5. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    HOLY FUCK

HOLY FUCK

Empire City was AWESOME

The city level is always the best. Always.

6. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    You guys are getting me sooo hyped now :argh: Shame I can't afford the game :v:

7. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    What's up with the assembly during some of the loading screens? I know it isn't 68000, but I'm wondering if it actually made sense to some of you who saw it.

Besides that, I am loving this game lots. The only grudge I have are the night levels - especially Spagonia. But some of them are pretty neat.

Also, has anyone installed this to their HDD yet? Any improvements? I would've done it ASAP but I still need to save up for a 120GB HDD. :P

8. synchronizer

synchronizer

9. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    I installed it before I started playing. It's been very fast. Maybe a second and a half being the longest load time.

I love the later werehog levels. They're just what I wanted - tons and tons of platforming.

ahaha, Rooftop Run Daytime Act 3:

Chao collecting level

10. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I'm looking at the 360 version of the game right now (I know, already?) and I noticed a lot of things you might like. :argh:

There are a lot of files that are commented out (# next to filename) which might be older versions of those files. They range from mission files, actd (day) actn (night) areas, enemies, etc. The E3 Title screen is still here from what I see. Everything is compressed in a new format, except for the movies - which are still sfds. Sound/music is using csb format, which I don't think anything can open them up yet.

That's all I have for this version of the game. Hope it sparked some interest in hacking the game (hopefully after you finish it). :P

11. SonicArtist

SonicArtist

Drawing, learning to hack
  12. MoI

MoI

Rex Member
    Can anyone say what happens to Chip at the end of the game? I quite like the chemistry between him and Sonic, hoping they'll do more of it.

13. synchronizer

synchronizer

I am pretty sure that Chip SPOILER:
    pretty much goes to sleep for several more eons, which means he probably will not be seen again.

14. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    Now if only they could get the gardens back in.

15. Cap

Cap

Actually, the reception to chip has been amazing. Think, people were ready to be-head the little sprite, but now look. People have said they like their relationship and praised its comic stance. I've yet to hear someone say something bad about chip. Even his voice acting comes across well, which something people unfortunately complain about quite a lot.

I know this is bold thing to say, but Chip and Sonic make a better pairing than Tails and Sonic did. Think about it.

16. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    I declare this thread proof that Sonic Retro members don't hate new sonic games regardless of their quality. No more can people claim "oh you just hate it because it was made after 1996". No. We are non biased. This has proved it.

If we have (god forbid) a crappy Sonic game, I will kick anyone's ass who tries to use that as an argument.

17. Retrogamer

Retrogamer

1996: Sonic flips the birdie. Member
    Tonight I'm going to sneak into your house, stab you, and steal your 360, along with Unleashed.

You guys are SO lucky. My parents won't let me get a 360. I WANT THE 360 VERSION OF SONIC UNLEASHED SO FUCKING BADLY!

18. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    I hate all of you lucky americans.

19. GIHunter

GIHunter

I belive it is possible to go back through previously beaten levels to get more exp. I don't really see why it wouldn't, since there is set level path for you to play though.

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    That "secret" video (which I'm pretty sure you just unlock from doing certain things in the game) is awesome! I love how light-hearted and cartoony it is, and the animation is done brilliantly. I don't know what studio they have doing the CG for this game, but they need to keep them—this quality is beyond superb.

Is there a full gameplay video of Empire City yet that isn't 300MB and doesn't skip insanely for me? It, by far, has my favorite level design of all the 3D sections so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.