don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog Extended Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Cinossu, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    That was my same suggestion. In case you know, Cinossu is already planning to add some unlockables, the spindash being one of them. I so hope that there will be both of them... even if to get the Sonic 2 style you have to get 8492 emeralds and beat Robotnik by walking backwards.

2. jedsithor

jedsithor

Pending Member

Memories of "Blue Spheres" the most addictively pointless "game" in Sonic history.

3. I strongly disagree with this. I prefer the Sonic CD style spindash over the Sonic 2 style spindash. I feel the Sonic 2 spindash kind of cheapened the entire experience of playing Sonic games. Sonic CD's was a nice compromise.

With Sonic 1, a big part of the original experience was the first few times you casually walked up to the loops and tried to walk around them and got thrown back down. It was as if the game was saying "yeah, this ain't friggin' Mario Brothers anymore, pal. You gotta' move!"

It seems like with Sonic 2, you just kind of spindash your way through everything and don't really get as much of an appreciation for the awesome physics in the Sonic games.

Anyway, yeah, I totally agree with the Sonic CD spindash for this, Cinos. (I feel weird calling you that :<) This hack is awesome in general and I can't wait to see where you take it from here. Keep it up!

4. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Maybe some ppl prefer the S2 one because it's 'trigger happy'?

5. Flare

Flare

Would it not be possible to add both, as different upgrades? But I agree that you can get moving more quickly with the S2 spindash.

6. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    .. Okay. Time to end the whole Sonic 2/CD spindash thing once and for all.

The Sonic CD spindash is the only spindash that is going to be in this rom hack. The Sonic 2 one is nice, yes, but it is the usual one to be ported, and it is, as has been said before, 'trigger happy', as in you can just tap it and insta-shoot off at speed. I don't want that. There needs to be SOME serious charge-up time otherwise it'll make some stuff I have planned useless and/or far too easy.

The Sonic CD spindash will be unlockable. The Sonic 2 spindash will not be included at all. End of story.

I'm sorry if I seem irritable on the subject, but it's something that has been asked since day one and it's beginning to piss me off a little.

7. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
  8. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
  9. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    That actually wasn't what I was going for, as that's final HTZ. I meant it from the player's perspective - 0 rings and running straight into lava.

10. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    You should have used a 1-life screenshot.

11. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Yeah, but who sucks enough to have one life by the time they get to Hill Top Zone?

12. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    The same person who decides to walk directly into lava?

13. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Well, I was lazy and didn't feel like taking the time either to kill some lives off, or to hack the RAM. =P

14. Sanqui

Sanqui

Random nobody Member
    Czechia
    [​IMG]
    better? : P

EDIT: Html not enabled?

15. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Could we get back on topic, please? :P

16. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    For the spindash, would it be possible to make it faster the longer you hold it down? Say the base spindash speed was 100, and after 1 second1 it would be 150 or something. But it's your choice, and I respect that, just throwing an opinion out. =P

17. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Sonic CD had 2 kinds of dash, the running dash was the faster one but you could get hurt more easily coz you were running and not spinning.
    I used the running dash and pressed down after launch if I really needed some speed.

18. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Fixed

19. I love this... you have my compliments. ^^

20. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    This is the best hack I've ever played.

No, wait, it's the best Sonic game I've ever played since S3&K.

The Sonic CD Spindash/Peel Out is a good choice. You're right that the Sonic 2 style spindash makes the game too easy.

What is the "darkened" Chaos Emerald count for?

My suggestions:

1. You shouldn't display the lives on the HUD in the "Crackers" Zone.
    2. Add Tails and Knuckles to the game, and super forms.
    3. When you return to the overworld you should start whereever the giant ring you jumped into before is.
    4. Give an extra life on 50,000 points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.