don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog Extended Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Cinossu, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinkerton

Pinkerton

サメジマ・マミミ Oldbie
    Bug Report:
    Well, in both Generator and Genesis Plus (Mac OS X) I get weird bugs (unsure if this is ROM or emulator bug).
    1. The first ACT 1 sign (you have to jump to get it, else you run off the collapsable platform) is garbled during the daytime portion.
    2. There is a second ACT 1 sign, at least on my end. Goes to Act 2.
    3. ACT 2 sign goes to Act 3.
    4. ACT 3 sign goes to boss, even when the others aren't complete.
    5. If you run off the ledge behind the tube on the map, you can get stuck in the wall and run across. If you make it on top of the tube, the game thinks you ARE in it.

I may get screens later if need be.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, anyone have a flash cart to try this on real hardware? If so, what kind of errors, if any, show up there?

2. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Refer to Local H's posts a couple pages back.

3. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You did a masterful job, by the way. It feels almost exactly like Sonic CD.

4. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Please iron out all known bugs before a release.​
    I hate bugs. :thumbsup:
    Keep it up.​

5. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    The only problem I see with it is that it takes slightly longer to charge up than on Sonic CD. Otherwise very good.

6. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    :P There is no such thing as bug-free, and I did not know of most of the SRAM-related bugs, as I neither have a hardware-exact emulator nor a tototek or similar cart to test on hardware. The best thing about releasing demos is that the bug testing is done for you. ;P

7. Excellent work. This is truly awesome.

8. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

What can I say? This feels like the next-gen of hacking, to put it bluntly. It's amazing what you've managed to put in there. Puts Sega to shame, really. Keep up the good work.

9. Crysta

Crysta

Oldbie
    very fun :)

might I suggest limiting the number of chaos emeralds you can collect in a zone though.. or at least making it so that you cant earn more by replaying stages.. currently you could just stick around in GHZ replaying Act 1 until you have all of them :P

10. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    I swear I already answered this here.. ah well. :3 Wait and see as to what I do.

11. Spazz

Spazz

Try Happy! Oldbie
    New Orleans, LA
    tankbot
    I must say, I think this may be one of the best 'hacks' I've played yet. Good show so far.

I don't know if this can be changed at all, and this is just my personal preference, but would it be possible to have the super peelout and the more traditional spindash rev-up instead of the Sonic CD version? Eh, n/m, you answered that. =P

I also like how you put the spring next to the ramp when you head towards the options area.

12. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Hay guys, something new..

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the Void. Run right.

[​IMG]
    zOMG yet another big ring. What does it do, though..

[​IMG]
    .. :P

Yes, you have to earn the spindash and super peel-out now. :P How, you'll have to wait and see.

13. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I really don't how to word how awsome that is without saying "BeT@ PlZ", keep up the good work!!

14. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I am speechless. In a good way.

Can't wait to see what is going to arrive from Cinossu. He is a winner.

15. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Hahaha. I'm playing new Castlevania on DS now and your hack really reminds me of it. Like, you have to find relics to unlock different abilities. Classic Metroid had that stuff too. Well, you're going into right direction, I guess.

Also, if you're able to, I think, it would be cool to implement some kind of RPG system in Sonic, different attributes like Speed, Acceleration, Strength (badniks will take multiple hits to die) and so on. And it would be cool if you had some connections between levels, like in s3k, I mean. The game would look kinda more detailed and complicated, totally badass. Hope you take some of my babbling into consideration. Nice work, anyway, really nice.

16. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Like, Gay Spindash and Sonic 2 Spindash (lol)

17. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    NO

Also no, but less emphatically so.

18. stuntmaster

stuntmaster

Southampton
    Learning the whole Sonic hacking thing, Im gettin there Slowly....
    wow - like the rest of the people here - again this is amazing
    it feels like this *should* have been the original S1
    and that the real s1 now seems so basic compared to this.

how are you going to get to the void to earn those? - im curious!

cant wait for a next beta!

19. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Quickman, if RPG elements are a big no-no, then unlocking the spindash is also bullshit, don't you think?

20. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Spindash is a move, an additional unlockable. You don't need it to complete the game. In an RPG, elements like upping your attack, defence, speed etc are required.

I'm sorry, but RPG elements are a big no-no in this rom hack. :P I may implement multiple-hit enemies, but for another purpose entirely.

What I don't understand is why so many people suggest ideas for people's hacks, but never pursue those ideas themselves first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.