don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas

If this is accurate to the final version this would easily fix the interest crash that happened for me right after Sonic "got better" suddenly. Very exciting stuff!

Unrelated tangent but after this update, I wonder how the community will handle the old version of the game. If this update pans out then it essentially turns the old island into an unfinished prototype.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Can we spoiler tag anything regarding datamining of the update/DLC please?

3. Gotta say, I’m super excited for this. I wish the trailer had some footage though. I’m glad we’re getting it so soon. I didn’t expect it to release before Superstars, but I’m glad it will. I was planning on heading to Miami during the final week of September for a business trip but I think I’ll push it off lol.

4. MootPoint

MootPoint

Clockwork Aquario's Strongest Soldier Member
    Including both would be the ideal choice, really. It's important to preserve the original content, even if it wasn't the team's intended vision for the finale. I also just think the vanilla final boss has some merit than people give it credit for.

The ending shot of Sonic dealing the final blow is easily one of my favorite moments in the series, lol.

5. Lambda

Lambda

I think it'd be best if this update could be applied/unapplied via a toggle in settings just like some of the other DLCs. They'd have it applied by default since this is likely the more updated version of the game.

I've avoided the leaks because I want to experience it first-hand, but those who read the leaks seem fairly optimistic about this update. That combined with the trailer has me actually kinda hyped...

EDIT: Nintendo Direct announced for tomorrow. I'd expect some gameplay to be revealed during that. Makes too much sense, IMHO.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  6. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I actually hope they DON'T get rid of the current fight against The End. It's cool and unexpected.

Just, y'know. Don't make it the ONLY fight against The End. It can stay as a hard mode exclusive final fight, but also add a proper Super Sonic battle against The End for all difficulties. It would be a shame for it to all go to waste in the update.

7. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    It won't happen, but I'd personally like to see Sage's/Supreme's part of the fight be a 3D arena shooter instead (I think that's the right term? Something akin to Kirby: Star Allies' final boss but not nearly as easy). Sorry, but I'm really just not about SHMUPs and bullet hells.

8. Lambda

Lambda

I've said this before, but I want the fight to alternate between Sage Shoot-em-Up segments and Super Sonic segments.

"Take down The End's shields" with Sage, then Super Sonic goes in to deal damage... rinse and repeat 3-4 times. I feel like that would be ideal for me, personally.

9. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    Oh don't get me wrong I hope they keep it as a toggle as an option thing with some kind of "canon" version defaulted for new first time players.

10. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I'm more wondering what's going to happen to the original dialogue, cutscenes and such on Ouranos. That was the biggest dose of Sage in the game and if they're replacing it with Tails/Knuckles/Amy I would be a little disappointed.

What are the odds this just ends up being some option you select from the menu once you beat the game the normal way?

11. I don't think they should get rid of "I'm With You" song, but I hope we'll get a vocal song as well for the true final boss, since we know Tomoya Ohtani was working for Update 3.

12. Turbohog

Turbohog

It blows my mind that anyone could think the shooter fight against the moon was good. It was honestly intern-level trash. If I was Sonic Team I'd get rid of it without a doubt.

13. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Depends what you mean by "good". It's obviously anticlimactic and insubstantial, but it's not horrible to play or anything. And frankly, after an easy game it was nice to have some challenge.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I would hope they don’t get rid of I’m with you that’s one of my favorite tracks.

15. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The way Sage describes it in the trailer, it seems as though this is one of the scenarios she calculated, but found unlikely. I think this'll be presented as a what if instead of a replacement.

16. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    The shooting section is fine, the problem I have with it is that it's just way, way too long. Cut the health bar in half and replace the rest of the time with more Super Sonic and I'd be happy.

17. It’s easy enough for them just to retcon this as the true ending presenting it as an option after collecting the white emerald or meeting some completion requirement, they’ve done false/bad endings before just not post release or to this extent. In the original ending it’s so vague and non-substantial with how The End is dealt with that I can buy into it being the bad ending, it even implies destroying its current form won’t actually stop it, I imagine this new one will use a lot of techobabble to justify being able to utterly destroy it.

18. jubbalub

jubbalub

Here's a new music sampler.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  19. Snowbound

Snowbound

I’m thinking the new DLC will be presented as the canon ending but the original ending could be recontextulized as one of Sage’s potential scenarios. Having the original ending be a post game toggle would be good for preservation.

Speaking of preservation, I hope the birthday challenges remain in update 3. I’m a little worried they’re a limited time feature that’ll be removed in the upcoming update. Has anyone from Sega commented on this?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  20. jubbalub

jubbalub

If they wanted to remove the birthday content, they would've done so a long time ago. I doubt they'd do it now.

The birthday content is strictly cosmetic anyway, so if they WERE to remove it, the game wouldn't lose much.