don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    It's emulated, as specified in the comments here.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  2. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    Correct me if im wrong but is that mf Rev01 on the tesla

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It should really be its own page on Sega Retro, especially if you have a choice of game other than Sonic.

4. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
  5. RDNexus

RDNexus

She had to be in a chibi-like form, instead of proper human size and proportions. Well... Crap -_-

6. shilz

shilz

Redesign aside, it's an extremely pretty picture - prettier than I was imagining. Good job Sonic Team.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. RDNexus

RDNexus

Well, yeah... It's quite nice and pretty, no doubt ^^"

8. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Cope Elise hater

9. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Awww that's really pretty art, I love the coloring. Elise looks great, too.

10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Elise Sisters stay winning

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

Is it just me or does the new Elise design look like a character from Balan Wonderworld

12. RDNexus

RDNexus

Now that you mention it...
    I actually found the style somehow familiar...

13. I have to say, that’s not what I expected. It looks great but I don’t know if it would have even registered as Elise to me in a vacuum.

Also, is she actually an SD/chibi, or is it just simply the younger Elise that Silver interacted with in the past? It strikes me as being a kid.

Regarding the Balan comparisons: I think it’s the proportion of the body to the hands, the proportion of the eyes to the face, and how rounded the face is. They are all pretty Balan-esque.

14. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

Looks like grown-up Elise based on her clothing, so the former. They've completely abandoned the photorealistic style of '06 (for good reason, it was ugly as sin) so I think it makes sense that she'd need a redesign to bring her in line with the franchise's modern art direction.

15. I guess I can see it either way. I do want a more stylized, anime art direction for the humans in Sonic, so I don’t mind it. I personally thought Unleashed was a bit too western in its designs, so this looks like a good medium between the general anime-ness of SA1 and Unleashed’s “generic 3D kids’ movie” look.

16. RDNexus

RDNexus

I'm sorry to say I still prefer Sonic X style to all those. And it's already 20 years old.
    It had a decent balance between realistic and anime style for human characters ^^"

17. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Wow, that looks absolutely adorable.

Is that part of another series of cover stories, though? Is anyone translating these?

18. shilz

shilz

That was something I notoced but I also chalked it up to being because of Japanese design sensibilities, similar to how Balan ended up with a bunch of designs that wouldn't be out of place in NiGHTs Journey of Dreams even though I'm pretty sure none of the staff from that were involved in both.

Yes. https://browniehideout.wordpress.co...ory-act-4-in-the-veil-of-darkness-april-2023/

Seems like it's intended to be her younger self too with the outfit just being a bit of a reference.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Linkabel

Linkabel

I was under the impression she's a kid in this since it was a reference to when he runs into her and takes her to safety when he time travels to the Solaris Poject incident.

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I get kinda level-5 stylistic impressions from.l that, which is not really a style I'd associate with Sonic in general but if they keep trying it I might come to enjoy it