don't click here

The Sonic Frontiers *SPOILER* Thread (With Unmarked Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, Sep 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowbound

Snowbound

I wonder how long it will take until someone makes a list of all the cyberspace levels that IDs each stage’s reused level design?

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    A day. In fact I bet someone has already done it but either hasn’t posted it anywhere or just noticed themselves.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Why is Big Canadian? I fucking love it.

4. Ok another negative I got; some of these Cyberspace levels were definitely not playtested because the 7th one on Ares Island feels broken. The last sequence is the collapsing tower sequence from Generations, except Sonic's physics will not let him land properly to make the run.

I've died like 5 times before I just gave up.

5. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    Are you playing on the emulator? There is a glitch I encountered several times where Sonic will miss or phase through Springs and Hoops, and I'm pretty sure that's a quirk unique to the poor emulation and uneven framerate.

In other news, the game has been out for -3 days and there are already mods.

https://twitter.com/iulian2043/status/1588932581055410178

6. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
  7. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    The first thing you said is fact but I'm not sure about the second thing.

8. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    [​IMG]
    heh

9. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    Wonder how "Rangers" became a code name anyway.

Forces is "Wars," okay, there's a war. Generations is "Anniversary," also obvious.

Rangers, though?

10. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I'd imagine it's 'Rangers' as in a park ranger, and Sonic is sorta like a ranger of the Starfall islands in a way. It's a kinda lame name though so I can see why it was changed.

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I just found out that Big's fishing is fixed.

You won't catch any repeats until you have caught everything at least once, so if you see a repeat fish you know you're done in that area.

In fact, it might be the same order everytime you cast for fish.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Mana

Mana

Honestly Sonic Team deserves some type of reward for how smoothly the game runs on Switch even if it's the least attractive looking version. The game doesn't even use the GPU heavily, unlike Pokemon Legends Arceus. The Switch isn't even being pushed to it's limits, even though I doubt if it was they could pull of 1080p because even BOTW couldn't get above 900p.

I'm amazed at the technical wizardry it must have taken to pull this off. Still can't wait for the PS5 version.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Anyone know how many Eggman voice logs there are? I have 16 so far.

14. Linkabel

Linkabel

For the people that have played it, does the purple hair girl that appeared in Tails Tube in the game? I'm guessing the answer is no because I haven't seen her get mentioned anywhere but thought I should check.

15. Ted909

Ted909

the future kick your ass Member
    That's exactly what made Naka unsure about using the 'Burning Rangers' title back in 1997, but he did also apparently consider the existence of the Power Rangers, and some consultation with English speakers indicated that the wording was fine anyway. Perhaps it sounds even more out of place to most now though.

16. Childish

Childish

Pigs wiggle when they walk Member
    Shady lane
    Sonic 4 Blast Processed
    There are 24 eggman memos (that's the most I've seen anyway) There's quite a few interesting references including "baldy mc nosehair" lol. The dynamic between Eggman and Sage seems interesting with Eggman first viewing her as a program and eventually viewing her as his daughter.

17. Mana

Mana

I think they changed the name from rangers just because it implies there are multiple playable characters which isn't the case here.

18. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I've seen no one bring her up at all. I wonder wtf that was all about..

19. The Deleter

The Deleter

I guess I'll ask on here as well since it doesn't seem like many people know the story yet:

Did we ever figure out what the stone bodies of kocos are actually for? Are the aliens trapped in those bodies for some reason? Sonic says "he took your lives" at the end, are they just memories of the aliens endlessly replaying to recreate the memories they lost from the attack??? I'm so confused on this lol

20. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    No purple hair girl. She's not related to Frontiers.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.